You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

T9 Coal/Free XP ships statistics

20 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts

1. Around 12.24% of the surveyed playerbase don't have T9 Coal/Free XP ships.

2. The Jean Bart is the most prevalent T9 Coal/Free XP ship. Missouri and Musashi follow close behind and tie as the second most prevalent.

3. The Missouri is the favorite T9 Coal/Free XP ship for players that have it.

4. During development, players were most hyped about the Alaska (compared to all other T9 Coal/Free XP ships).

5. On the otherhand, players were least enthusiastic about Azuma during its development. (too many Battlecruisers???)

6. The majority of players (>50%) did not regret any T9 Coal/Free XP ship purchase. Nobody regretted the Missouri. Perhaps unsurprisingly, players most regretted purchasing battlecruisers Kronstadt and Azuma. However, these players are relatively few. (Does this mean Kronstadt isn't that bad? Or that those who didn't think they'd want it didn't buy it?)

7. Despite the above results, the Musashi is the second least favorite T9 Coal/Free XP ship out of 7. How surprising!

8. Players are most happy with the Missouri. Nobody was the most happy with the Alaska or Kronstadt.

How did I get these numbers?

Help improve the accuracy of these statistics by participating! Your response is appreciated (not just by me, but by the playerbase at large).

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,649 posts
7,296 battles
23 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

1. Around 3.28% of the playerbase don't have T9 Coal/Free XP ships.

Help improve the accuracy of these statistics by participating! Your response is appreciated (not just by me, but by the playerbase at large).

4ce.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
32 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

1. Around 3.28% of the playerbase don't have T9 Coal/Free XP ships.

2. The Jean Bart is the most prevalent T9 Coal/Free XP ship. Missouri and Musashi follow close behind and tie as the second most prevalent.

3. The Missouri is the favorite T9 Coal/Free XP ship for players that have it.

4. During development, players were most hyped about the Alaska (compared to all other T9 Coal/Free XP ships).

5. On the otherhand, players were least enthusiastic about Azuma during its development. (too many Battlecruisers???)

6. The majority of players (>50%) did not regret any T9 Coal/Free XP ship purchase. Nobody regretted the Missouri. Perhaps unsurprisingly, players most regretted purchasing battlecruisers Kronstadt and Azuma. However, these players are relatively few. (Does this mean Kronstadt isn't that bad? Or that those who didn't think they'd want it didn't buy it?)

7. Despite the above results, the Musashi is the second least favorite T9 Coal/Free XP ship out of 7. How surprising!

8. Players are most happy with the Missouri. Nobody was the most happy with the Alaska or Kronstadt.

You're basing these numbers on a poll? :Smile_amazed:

Considering that the vast majority of players never come to the forums, and the forum crowd is far more loaded with more serious players than the general population, expecting to get any real numbers is....optimistic.

[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
31 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You're basing these numbers on a poll? :Smile_amazed:

Considering that the vast majority of players never come to the forums, and the forum crowd is far more loaded with more serious players than the general population, expecting to get any real numbers is....optimistic.

I am genuinely curious. Which statistics do you think are the most accurate? most off?

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
12 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

I am genuinely curious. Which statistics do you think are the most accurate? most off?

I'm not him, but saying that 3.28% of the playerbase doesn't have a T9 premium is... quite frankly hilarious. While, yes, it's easier than ever to get them (other than Benham, because sadism) that's for people that have played for quite some time. To get 1m free xp, you need dragon signals to do so at any considerable rate, and the full set of those needed for a proper op grind aren't just handed out in any appreciable number.

Then there's coal. Coal is a time gate, plain and simple. However, a time gate stops newbies dead in their tracks for a generously large handful of months.

Then you have outright buying. And, yes, while this does supply newbies with them potentially... it's more than a AAA game for a single T9 premium. Very few newbies would want to do that, as they are, well... newbies. The ones that do are rapidly ascended to noobhood.

I seriously doubt that less than 4% of the population are newbies. Heck, I could buy 10% or 20%, but 3.28% is just... impossibly low, all of these factors considered.

[LOU1]
Members
4,002 posts
10,971 battles

How many responses did you have of the 20k+ (total estimated at around 60k registered/occasional) player base?

Edited by ExploratorOne

[VW]
Members
3,235 posts
16,323 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'm not him, but saying that 3.28% of the playerbase doesn't have a T9 premium is... quite frankly hilarious. While, yes, it's easier than ever to get them (other than Benham, because sadism) that's for people that have played for quite some time. To get 1m free xp, you need dragon signals to do so at any considerable rate, and the full set of those needed for a proper op grind aren't just handed out in any appreciable number.

Then there's coal. Coal is a time gate, plain and simple. However, a time gate stops newbies dead in their tracks for a generously large handful of months.

Then you have outright buying. And, yes, while this does supply newbies with them potentially... it's more than a AAA game for a single T9 premium. Very few newbies would want to do that, as they are, well... newbies. The ones that do are rapidly ascended to noobhood.

I seriously doubt that less than 4% of the population are newbies. Heck, I could buy 10% or 20%, but 3.28% is just... impossibly low, all of these factors considered.

It takes 1 year of very regular play (very nearly daily and enough to earn at least the first free crate and 1st 3 part daily mission) to earn 1M fxp without the use of dragon flags. I think it’s about the same for a tier 9-10 coal ship.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

It takes 1 year of very regular play (very nearly daily and enough to earn at least the first free crate and 1st 3 part daily mission) to earn 1M fxp without the use of dragon flags. I think it’s about the same for a tier 9-10 coal ship.

Pretty much what I was getting at. And then take into account that most people that don't have a T9/10 premium would be more likely to skip out on doing a survey about something they don't have and, well... kinda not the most useful statistic to include, especially said in such a way. Now, had it been said as the reverse, and said based around the survey, not the playerbase... Say, "96.72% of those surveyed own a tier 9 premium"? That actually comes off as useful information, rather than a very obviously inaccurate number.

[HINON]
Supertester
22,163 posts
16,044 battles

Basing claims on which portion of the playerbase has high tier FXP / coal ships on a small sampling of people that are way more likely to be serious about the game than normal average players is aking to asking a prison population who has ever comitted a crime.

• Funny 1

[FOG]
Members
641 posts
6,508 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

is aking to asking a prison population who has ever comitted a crime

According to most news interviews of prisoners I have seen that answer would be zero.....

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

Kronstadt seems to be one of those weird ones that people call OP now and everyone was warning against how weak it was when it was available. Glad I got it anyway.

[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
3 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

If I could return my Musashi and get my coal back I would. 

Interesting! As I noted in my original post:

12 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Despite the above results, the Musashi is the second least favorite T9 Coal/Free XP ship out of 7

I obviously like my Musashi (and don't regret getting it). What do you not like about it?

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,124 posts
10,587 battles
2 hours ago, Tanuvein said:

Kronstadt seems to be one of those weird ones that people call OP now and everyone was warning against how weak it was when it was available. Glad I got it anyway.

Its OP only because its the only suoer cruiser that can challenge any BB belt armor at any range. Alaska was supposed to be similar but WG hit her in the head before they pulled her out.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
915 posts
12,312 battles
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Interesting! As I noted in my original post:

I obviously like my Musashi (and don't regret getting it). What do you not like about it?

It is slow, easily burned to a crisp and visible from space. The secondaries and AA are meh and it's certain to be a prime target for everyone. The only time I did any good in it was sitting at the back sniping. 

[VETSN]
Members
956 posts

Make these ships available again.  Still selling (poop) ships for $$ but not something that people may be interested in.

[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
3 hours ago, NashW8 said:

It is slow, easily burned to a crisp and visible from space. The secondaries and AA are meh and it's certain to be a prime target for everyone. The only time I did any good in it was sitting at the back sniping. 

Makes sense! You can add low top speed in there as well (27 kts vs. Iowa class 33 kts and JB 32.4 kts with speed boost).

1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

Make these ships available again.  Still selling (poop) ships for $$ but not something that people may be interested in.

I don't expect Missouri, Musashi, or Kronshtadt to ever be directly sold again (for any type of currency, in-game or out-of-game). That said, I don't know anybody who doesn't like the (currently available) Jean Bart. (Only 1 player regrets it out of 56 responses).

[--V--]
Members
1,043 posts
12,249 battles
On 7/21/2019 at 2:10 AM, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The ones that do are rapidly ascended to noobhood.

Noobhood!!   ROFLMAO