Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MackDye

Thanks for the free ship WeeGee

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

134
[HOT]
Members
475 posts
13,878 battles

Thanks for the free high tier prem ship. What miracle did i have to perform to get it?? Play the game like normal. Tee Hee!

Benham.png

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
3 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Thanks for the free high tier prem ship. What miracle did i have to perform to get it?? Play the game like normal. Tee Hee!

Benham.png

Here here.

WG doesn't have to give anything for free.  Sure it is in their best interest to keep their playbase happy but we have had a lot of good premiums for free lately.  It was a grind, but we play the game to play the game.

I really like my Benham.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,186
[HRVAT]
Members
1,242 posts
55 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Thanks for the free high tier prem ship. What miracle did i have to perform to get it?? Play the game like normal. Tee Hee!

Benham.png

Define ...Free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
8 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Define ...Free.

Playing video games is a leisure activity for the vast majority of us.  

Unless you paid money to WG for it and unless you get paid to play video games, the item is free. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
17 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

If you consider the countless hours spent playing the special game mode then sure it's free.

Paying one game mode costs the same amount of money as playing another game mode.  There isn't an out of pocket difference to your wallet.

If you consider your time worth money, that time should not be spent playing video games, unless you are getting paid to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[LEGIT]
Members
2,029 posts
27,888 battles
19 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If you consider your time worth money, that time should not be spent playing video games, unless you are getting paid to do it.

By that logic you shouldn't be taking vacations or weekends off work.  Money isn't everything to everyone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
645
[KAPPA]
Members
2,132 posts
7,006 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Paying one game mode costs the same amount of money as playing another game mode.  There isn't an out of pocket difference to your wallet.

Maybe the sanity of the people that dislike the mode, but otherwise pretty much this. And, even then, it's optional. I question if it was worth all that, but that's beside the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
16 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

By that logic you shouldn't be taking vacations or weekends off work.  Money isn't everything to everyone.

Time spend playing a game is choice a free time, leisure time.

If someone wants to spend their free time doing something else, instead of playing the game, they should do that instead.

As long as someone didn't pay money out of pocket, but instead choose to play a video game to earn the item, that item was free of charge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[PQUOD]
Members
3,085 posts
11,714 battles

Hopefully I'll be getting mine Monday the 22nd. I didn't realize two daily missions a day dropped daily. Just have to complete the base XP missions and I should beat the buzzer. Woot! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,198 battles

Benham is a fanstic DD and the fact you can "earn her" is just as amazing.    Big clap for WG.  Those who can support this game financially is great, but many can't.   And they still should have rewards for those people as well.    or even grinding an amazing ship is still well worth it and fun if you enjoy playing the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
2 hours ago, MackDye said:

Thanks for the free high tier prem ship. What miracle did i have to perform to get it?? Play the game like normal. Tee Hee!

If you played the game like normal, you are one dedicated player.

Well, not only that. Savage Battles are not normal, so you must've paid for some crates.

Maybe I'm cherry picking, but... my first sentence is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
24 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Hopefully I'll be getting mine Monday the 22nd. I didn't realize two daily missions a day dropped daily. Just have to complete the base XP missions and I should beat the buzzer. Woot! 

Have some sad news. :Smile_sad:

The absolute last daily mission that counts for Benham ends Monday at 4 am (in other words, Sunday night).

If you plan on getting it Monday after 4 am, I don't think you can earn Benham completely free.

Edited by henrychenhenry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[PQUOD]
Members
3,085 posts
11,714 battles
47 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Have some sad news. :Smile_sad:

The absolute last daily mission that counts for Benham ends Monday at 4 am (in other words, Sunday night).

If you plan on getting it Monday after 4 am, I don't think you can earn Benham completely free.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GAHHHHH!!!! Oh man, I had given up hope, then seen the double missions dropping. I was like YES!!! I thought the last day missions dropped was on Monday the 22nd. Kinda, sorta 21rst eh?. Gah!!

All that last minute grinding to beat the buzzer and I'll be two missions shy at 46 instead of the 48. Which means the ship would cost, plus all the grinding I did. Roughly $30. 

 

major sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,471
[KRAK]
Members
3,460 posts
19,278 battles
3 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

If you consider the countless hours spent playing the special game mode then sure it's free.

You didn't have to spend "countless hours" playing the special game mode. I did 90 percent of the grind in randoms and the ship was well worth the grind. Fun to play, maneuvers very well, and is a very capable boat. Much better than the majority of the free premiums WG has had as a reward for events such as this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,471
[KRAK]
Members
3,460 posts
19,278 battles
3 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Define ...Free.

Did not cost a single penny of actual cash. Awesome boat and well worth the grind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,218 battles
8 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

You didn't have to spend "countless hours" playing the special game mode. I did 90 percent of the grind in randoms and the ship was well worth the grind. Fun to play, maneuvers very well, and is a very capable boat. Much better than the majority of the free premiums WG has had as a reward for events such as this. 

She's basically Benson with 16 torps and atier higher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
564
[NSC]
Members
1,751 posts
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! GAHHHHH!!!! Oh man, I had given up hope, then seen the double missions dropping. I was like YES!!! I thought the last day missions dropped was on Monday the 22nd. Kinda, sorta 21rst eh?. Gah!!

All that last minute grinding to beat the buzzer and I'll be two missions shy at 46 instead of the 48. Which means the ship would cost, plus all the grinding I did. Roughly $30. 

 

major sigh.

Forget what I said. I don't want to make people sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
3 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Playing video games is a leisure activity for the vast majority of us.  

Unless you paid money to WG for it and unless you get paid to play video games, the item is free. 

Time is money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,471
[KRAK]
Members
3,460 posts
19,278 battles
39 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

She's basically Benson with 16 torps and atier higher

Except it can launch a spread of torps every 16 seconds. Not quite a Benson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles
4 hours ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

If you consider the countless hours spent playing the special game mode then sure it's free.

I only did those initial missions to earn the credits part of the savages battles and never touched it again after. You didn't have to do any of the savage battle directives to get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
2 hours ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Time is money.

Only if you are making money, with that time. Unless you are getting paid to play a video game, it isn't a job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,140
[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,021 battles
11 hours ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Time is money.

By that logic anything that isn't making me money is a waste of time.

Fishing, beer drinking, watching TV, chasing fast women, watching any of my children's events/activities should all have an opportunity cost placed on them.

I'd rather never been born than live like that.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×