You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dah_Bears268

Buying a Ship in the Armory

11 comments in this topic

[R-F2]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
19,834 battles

With all the new ships arriving in the armory, we need more coupons more often, multiple armory ship purchases at one time, or one for each, Coal and Steel. I just can't generate enough Coal and especially Steel. We need more Steel events, and not one I have to spend Doubloons to get a mission where you get a minuet amount of steel. Just got the Stalingrad with the last coupon and I maybe a couple more years to get enough steel for another steel ship.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[HINON]
Members
11,961 posts

Pretty sure that is the point. You have to pick and choose what you want to grind towards and steel ships especially are supposed to require a lot of play time to get through competitive modes.

• Cool 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles

The next steel event would be ranked season next month. You could earn up to 5200 steel if you reach rank 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,689 posts
1 hour ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

With all the new ships arriving in the armory, we need more coupons more often, multiple armory ship purchases at one time, or one for each, Coal and Steel. I just can't generate enough Coal and especially Steel. We need more Steel events, and not one I have to spend Doubloons to get a mission where you get a minuet amount of steel. Just got the Stalingrad with the last coupon and I maybe a couple more years to get enough steel for another steel ship.

No game wants you to have all the things, for very long.  A healthy game always has things that you want to work toward.

Players that have it all or players that are given things too easily, are bored players. 

[TBW]
Members
8,642 posts
15,512 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

No game wants you to have all the things, for very long.  A healthy game always has things that you want to work toward.

Players that have it all or players that are given things too easily, are bored players. 

Not me I get bored grinding all of the time, so bored that I have taken it upon myself to polish a 3 foot by 3 foot square granite rock that I dug up out of my Grannies yard last week. I got the Benham, now I am taking a couple weeks off, polishing a big rock is just more fun. Yup, ya hear that WG, I am having more fun grinding a rock than your game. The rock will take less time to grind than the Benham did.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[A-D-F]
5,689 posts
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Not me I get bored grinding all of the time, so bored that I have taken it upon myself to polish a 3 foot by 3 foot square granite rock that I dug up out of my Grannies yard last week. I got the Benham, now I am taking a couple weeks off, polishing a big rock is just more fun. Yup, ya hear that WG, I am having more fun grinding a rock than your game. The rock will take less time to grind than the Benham did.

If you aren't grinding toward a ship, premium, line ship, whatever, or some other goal like completing a mission, legendary item, something,  you are playing a ship just for fun that doesn't gain you anything else. 

I do that once in a while as well but as a general rule, if I am going to play the game, I want to make progress toward....something. 

You have a lot of battles so I can understand you needing a break, everyone needs a break now and then. I take them as well.  The game will still be here waiting, when you decide to come play again :).

[CLARE]
Members
561 posts
4 hours ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

lol

WeeGee wants you to spend green moneyz for yellow pixel moneyz.  Get with the program!

:Smile_coin:

[TBW]
Members
8,642 posts
15,512 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If you aren't grinding toward a ship, premium, line ship, whatever, or some other goal like completing a mission, legendary item, some goal,  you are playing a ship just for fun that doesn't gain you anything else. 

I do that once in a while as well but as a general rule, if I am going to play the game, I want to make progress toward....something.  There are two reasons to play the game. Just for fun and to say you won a match, or grinding.

Since I decided that I want to have all of the ships (except of course the ones that are out of reach) I have been grinding for four years on this game. I am getting closer but I will say, that all of the grinding has made my grinding slow down. I should have stuck with online Poker, at least I made money rather than spend it. I don't regret spending it, I do have 279 ships to show for it and counting (I mean Grinding).

[A-D-F]
5,689 posts
30 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Since I decided that I want to have all of the ships (except of course the ones that are out of reach) I have been grinding for four years on this game. I am getting closer but I will say, that all of the grinding has made my grinding slow down. I should have stuck with online Poker, at least I made money rather than spend it. I don't regret spending it, I do have 279 ships to show for it and counting (I mean Grinding).

I only have 157.  I have a lot of catching up to do!

[A-I-M]
Members
2,223 posts
11,364 battles
5 hours ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

We need more Steel events, and not one I have to spend Doubloons to get a mission where you get a minuet amount of steel...

Would a waltz amount or a tango amount do better?