You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

I don't trust YOU!!!

53 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles

ticks me off when i do 98% of the total damage and some jerk comes in and gets the kill shot. i would torp them also (which i do in ranked and non ranked matches) 

The above was posted this morning in another thread by someone I have to assume is hiding behind a troll account. As I have zero respect for cowards I'll not name nor address him directly. For the rest of you...

I shoot at low HP ships and "kill steal" because...

I don't trust your aim.

I don't trust RNG.

I don't trust your ISP.

I don't trust your electric company.

I don't trust your game install.

Get the picture yet?

I have been the bottom tier DD under 100hp getting double dev strikes to win. I have been the bottom tier BB everyone assumed was same as dead delete a radar cruiser to save the DD that ends up carrying. I've been that cruiser on single digit HP who pops the radar that seals the fate of the red team. I've been the BB burned from full HP by a pair of HE spamming cruisers who shouldn't even be alive. I've been the BB who got dev struck by a DD that simply wouldn't die.

If you're the type of player who agrees with the quoted statement, you're a very stupid player. You only hurt my team on the few occasions I end up stuck with you. You're a potential disaster for every team you're a part of.

I don't care if a player is my Divmate, a CC, or the top player across all servers. If I have the time to see the target, get my guns on it, aim, and land shells, then they didn't kill it as fast as I would like.

I don't trust any of the 12 players on my team, yes even myself, and you shouldn't either!

• Cool 28
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[WOLF5]
Members
2,929 posts
3,230 battles

I agree, I do the same usually. Too many times I've seen that DD or RN CL get away with less than a thousand HP and then stay hidden and make you regret it later. The RN CLs are the worst, because you almost had them, and then the next time you see them they're back at half HP.

Unless you're doing it on purpose, not a problem. Often it's five people lighting them up, and complete RNG who actually gets the kill. The only time I don't do it is if I'm in a BB and someone else is already on them. My broadside is a bit wasted on that if he's almost certainly going to kill him anyway, and that potential is usually better used elsewhere. But that's about the only time I don't unload.

For the same reason if I'm in a BB and see a target that only has an overpen worth of HP left I unload the full broadside. Yeah I only need one hit not to bounce, but I would rather throw 12 shells and citadel him than shoot 3 and have the one that hits bounce because reasons. Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and atomic bombs. You almost killed him, but that's the same as saying you didn't kill him.

• Cool 5

[SYN]
Members
3,507 posts
12,020 battles

Yeah, I'll get annoyed by this, but it's Fine. It evens out in the long run too.

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,910 posts
9,171 battles

I don't trust people who start new topics by quoting dead topics without context or author. looks sneaky to me.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[GT99]
Members
654 posts
10,114 battles
6 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I agree, I do the same usually. Too many times I've seen that DD or RN CL get away with less than a thousand HP and then stay hidden and make you regret it later. The RN CLs are the worst, because you almost had them, and then the next time you see them they're back at half HP.

Unless you're doing it on purpose, not a problem. Often it's five people lighting them up, and complete RNG who actually gets the kill. The only time I don't do it is if I'm in a BB and someone else is already on them. My broadside is a bit wasted on that if he's almost certainly going to kill him anyway, and that potential is usually better used elsewhere. But that's about the only time I don't unload.

For the same reason if I'm in a BB and see a target that only has an overpen worth of HP left I unload the full broadside. Yeah I only need one hit not to bounce, but I would rather throw 12 shells and citadel him than shoot 3 and have the one that hits bounce because reasons. Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and atomic bombs. You almost killed him, but that's the same as saying you didn't kill him.

Yep, I had 4 bounces on a broadside Emerald from a Yorck. I can't explain it but he was flat broadside, it happens. Getting somebody knocked out is the goal, it doesn't matter who does it. I'd rather win than know I got a frag so I can feel self-important in my room alone with nobody else around so I can brag to myself and give myself high fives. Good lord the mentality.

Edit: Forgot to add that I am getting fat in my mom's basement now from reading the OP.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I don't trust people who start new topics by quoting dead topics without context or author. looks sneaky to me.

Honestly, how much more context do you need when the quote actually states the quoted is a self admitted salt spreading teamkiller? As usual you display an incredible lack of intelligent thought. But.. GJ on figuring out how to use a keyboard.

BTW, the original topic quoted is alive and well, even on the front page of the forum as I type... Better luck next time sunshine.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[A-O]
Members
788 posts
8,155 battles

You can 'steal' my kills all day long as long as it is a red one !

ONE EXCEPTION !

Example operation Narai. I usually go after the red transports and ANNOUNCE that usually as the first message in the chat.

I have kinda a 99% success rate there so i do not need nor ask for backup. The CV side is a different story.

About 1 in 3 games someone joins up with me, after Fort and DD are dead, to mop up the transport kills and XP.

That ticks me off !!

NOT for the 'kill' and 'XP' steal but because it means he abandoned the team to do a job that was clearly taken care off.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,969 posts
23,578 battles
12 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

The post that the OP quoted is only 3 hours old.  Hardly a dead topic.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/196348-team-shooting-again-in-operation/?tab=comments#comment-4600897

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,293 posts
17,826 battles
32 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I shoot at low HP ships and "kill steal" because...

I can. There aren't any names or labels on red ships. Grow up, deal with it, and don't hate the player; hate the game.

• Cool 2

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,910 posts
9,171 battles
13 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

BTW, the original topic quoted is alive and well, even on the front page of the forum as I type... Better luck next time sunshine.

then you have even less reason to create a fresh topic if one exists, with the original author's statement, to which you can reply. Your behaviour in creating  a new topic here, is questionable.

8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The post that the OP quoted is only 3 hours old.  Hardly a dead topic.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/196348-team-shooting-again-in-operation/?tab=comments#comment-4600897

Thanks, that kind of confirmed my impression. the OP has even less excuse for this topic.

• Boring 5

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

then you have even less reason to create a fresh topic if one exists, with the original author's statement, to which you can reply. Your behaviour in creating  a new topic here, is questionable.

I created the topic because A) I could, and B) I figured someone like you would whine about it.

Speaking of questionable.. hows that W/R coming since GZ is no longer point and click?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[DONGR]
Members
14 posts
262 battles

Trust nobody unless they've earned it. 

//And no, I don't even trust your ability to judge that either... who are you, BTW?

Edited by Carlos_DNGR
  • Cool 2

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,910 posts
9,171 battles
7 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I created the topic because A) I could, and B) I figured someone like you would whine about it.

Speaking of questionable.. hows that W/R coming since GZ is no longer point and click?

well, there are countless silly things you can do.

As to your question : unchanged.

• Boring 1

[PHASE]
Members
5,239 posts
17,744 battles
41 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Like my hero did Thursday @Ducky_shot

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

well, there are countless silly things you can do.

As to your question : unchanged.

You're aware that wows-numbers shows the truth? CV's down, everything else just as average as you always were.

• Confused 1

[USMC-]
Members
210 posts
6,395 battles

I passed on killing a very low hp bb (I was in a bb as well) today as a ca should have been able to finish it off. When I looked back our ca was toast  and the bb went dark before I could turn my guns. When he became visible again he had repaired and it took a few more salvos to get him. We still won but it made it too close for comfort.

[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,910 posts
9,171 battles
8 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

You're aware that wows-numbers shows the truth? CV's down, everything else just as average as you always were.

I love being stat shamed. Makes my day. Not sure what this has to do with your very strange OP, unless digging yourself into an ever deeper hole is the theme.

• Boring 4

[GOB]
Members
906 posts
58 minutes ago, freggo said:

You can 'steal' my kills all day long as long as it is a red one !

ONE EXCEPTION !

Example operation Narai. I usually go after the red transports and ANNOUNCE that usually as the first message in the chat.

I have kinda a 99% success rate there so i do not need nor ask for backup. The CV side is a different story.

About 1 in 3 games someone joins up with me, after Fort and DD are dead, to mop up the transport kills and XP.

That ticks me off !!

NOT for the 'kill' and 'XP' steal but because it means he abandoned the team to do a job that was clearly taken care off.

THIS!

[HINON]
Supertester
22,170 posts
16,066 battles

If I take 99% of a ship's HP and you have a kill shot, please take it. I'd rather you kill it and remove guns from the game than me get any sort of selfish sense of entitlement to whatever pitiful HP it has left. Please take my kills.

• Cool 6

[MKF]
Members
487 posts
18,951 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

If I take 99% of a ship's HP and you have a kill shot, please take it. I'd rather you kill it and remove guns from the game than me get any sort of selfish sense of entitlement to whatever pitiful HP it has left. Please take my kills.

Especially when I'm in a slower reloading BB, I'd rather someone finish it off so I dont waste a salvo

[GWG]
Supertester
22,935 posts
12,817 battles

Red is dead! I want them removed from the game with extreme prejudice, if you have the shot take it.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,219 posts
9,994 battles

When something that just sank me is near death and permanently burning/flooding from something I did in extremis and I ask for it to be left to die, compliance would be appreciated. If my damage counter stops before it's dead, I will let you know so you can secure the kill.

• Confused 2