Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Honourable Service Missions 3-5: surely it can't be that easy?

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

7,322
[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles

Last night I collected the last of my ten stars for Mission 2 of this campaign, which I have been working through at a rate that makes a Langley look like a flagged-up Khabarovsk on speed-boost.

So as I am wont to do, I sat down and looked carefully at what would be required next, and I was scratching my head over the apparent ease of some of the tasks.

In mission 4, for example, we have "Spot ten ships", limited to aircraft carriers. Even assuming the implication of being FIRST to spot ten ships, this seems almost ridiculously easy.

In mission 5, for three stars: obtain 5 spotted ribbons using Tier 10 ships. I can probably do this fairly quickly by YOLO-ing in a radar Minotaur, assuming a relative lack of destroyers on my side of the map. 

In mission 5, for 3 stars: earn 3000 XP. Really? After breaking my back to destroy a hundred secondary batteries in Mission 2, I can put a bunch of XP flags on and walk away with three stars? 

Just what is the catch here? Or are the last three missions really as easy as they seem on the surface? If so, it looks like I've climbed the steepest part of the hill and am definitely on the downhill slide to the finish line. 

Of course, having a much-expanded Tier 8-plus lineup since I started this thing definitely helps. The best thing about the rest of the missions is that very few of them are type-restricted; as much as I love my T8 cruisers, I will be grateful to give them a little break and let the battleships out to play for a while.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
738
[EQRN]
Members
1,608 posts
13,436 battles

I wish they’d make more campaigns.  Give us something we can do at our own pace,  not this race to complete directives or collect as much currency as possible in a short window of time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,322
[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I wish they’d make more campaigns.  Give us something we can do at our own pace,  not this race to complete directives or collect as much currency as possible in a short window of time.

I know from your battle count that you've been in this longer than I have, but I've yet to complete ANY of the T8-restricted campaigns. Not having enough of them is NOT a problem I'm having right now, although I do sympathise!

In the meantime, let's get back to the question I asked: does it really get this easy now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,475
[POP]
Members
2,132 posts
19,217 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Last night I collected the last of my ten stars for Mission 2 of this campaign, which I have been working through at a rate that makes a Langley look like a flagged-up Khabarovsk on speed-boost.

So as I am wont to do, I sat down and looked carefully at what would be required next, and I was scratching my head over the apparent ease of some of the tasks.

In mission 4, for example, we have "Spot ten ships", limited to aircraft carriers. Even assuming the implication of being FIRST to spot ten ships, this seems almost ridiculously easy.

In mission 5, for three stars: obtain 5 spotted ribbons using Tier 10 ships. I can probably do this fairly quickly by YOLO-ing in a radar Minotaur, assuming a relative lack of destroyers on my side of the map. 

In mission 5, for 3 stars: earn 3000 XP. Really? After breaking my back to destroy a hundred secondary batteries in Mission 2, I can put a bunch of XP flags on and walk away with three stars? 

Just what is the catch here? Or are the last three missions really as easy as they seem on the surface? If so, it looks like I've climbed the steepest part of the hill and am definitely on the downhill slide to the finish line. 

Of course, having a much-expanded Tier 8-plus lineup since I started this thing definitely helps. The best thing about the rest of the missions is that very few of them are type-restricted; as much as I love my T8 cruisers, I will be grateful to give them a little break and let the battleships out to play for a while.

Honourable service missions where are these I remember them but didn't they finish awhile back ?

UPDATE

ok its a mission I finished some time back I got confused with something else.

Edited by tm63au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[HYDRO]
Members
3,677 posts
5,280 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I know from your battle count that you've been in this longer than I have, but I've yet to complete ANY of the T8-restricted campaigns. Not having enough of them is NOT a problem I'm having right now, although I do sympathise!

In the meantime, let's get back to the question I asked: does it really get this easy now?

Yes, at some point there are these missions that WG planned with a different economy in mind I guess. 

As for Campaigns, provided you play mostly high tier they are doable, albeit at a slow pace if you don't have the optimal lineup for certain tasks.

It also has to do with how willing you are to devote time on doing tasks in Tier VIII+.

The moment I got accustomed to how high tier functions it went like a breeze; now I put on random tasks in the off chance I clear them since done with all the main Campaign goals.

 

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,871
[RLGN]
Members
12,018 posts
21,513 battles
14 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I wish they’d make more campaigns.  Give us something we can do at our own pace,  not this race to complete directives or collect as much currency as possible in a short window of time.

Agreed. The recent slew of events, and the occurance which shall not be named, have left me burnt out in the extreme; barely able to muster enough motivation to contribute to Naval Battle for my clan , much less anything else.

12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I know from your battle count that you've been in this longer than I have, but I've yet to complete ANY of the T8-restricted campaigns. Not having enough of them is NOT a problem I'm having right now, although I do sympathise!

In the meantime, let's get back to the question I asked: does it really get this easy now?

Well; almost as a form of protest, I finished Halsey with about 95-97% Co-op games.

5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It also has to do with how willing you are to devote time on doing tasks in Tier VIII+.

Why it took me so long to do the campaign s...

I’m rarely willing to waste time playing tiers I dislike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,322
[ARGSY]
Members
15,087 posts
9,812 battles
23 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

also has to do with how willing you are to devote time on doing tasks in Tier VIII+ randoms.

Fixed that for you. Obtaining the Bionic camo for the Buffalo gave me incentive to play my Baltimore a lot more, and I'm also discovering a strange fondness for the Neptune even though I already have the Minotaur. 

Since I obtained the Salem and created my first US 19-pointer, I found that time spent in co-op could be time spent profitably farming elite commander XP at Tier 10. Deciding that premium time was worth the benefits made T8+ co-op viable, and so I've got at least one Halsey mission permanently in the rotation. Might as well be working on it, right?

My main problem was that I was thoroughly burned out on Randoms after the Indianapolis Marathon and wanted to see as little of Randoms as possible for a very long time, except when I was in the mood to do so. A lot of that burnout seems to have washed off now, especially given how easy it is to do most missions in co-op these days; and on the anniversary of the Indy Marathon being OVER, I'm more or less ready to return to the fray. 

I'll be looking very carefully at the French directives and trying to weave that all in with grabbing the Shinonome as soon as possible. With any luck, I'll be walking away from that one with TWO premium destroyers and only one of them will be French.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×