Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Yahoo! New Ranked Season is T9

42 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
7,328 posts
12,029 battles

Unfortunately, no Arms Race mode this time around.

• Confused 2

[O_O]
Members
5,702 posts
13,082 battles

Dang, I may have to re-buy some tech tree ships.  Or not...I am growing a pretty considerable list of tier 9 premiums.

[TNG-2]
Members
2,047 posts
4,353 battles

Trying to figure out what is best ship to run. Kron or alaska. Kron has radar and good hp pool, hut her guns are to unreliable.

[VETSN]
Members
954 posts
15 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Trying to figure out what is best ship to run. Kron or alaska. Kron has radar and good hp pool, hut her guns are to unreliable.

It’ll be DD/BB heavy as usual.  Expect to see Musashi’s galore.  12k radar will come in handy.  Not sure Alaska is up to the task honestly.  

Edited by BarneyStyle

[TNG-2]
Members
2,047 posts
4,353 battles
6 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

It’ll be DD/BB heavy as usual.  Expect to see Musashi’s galore.  12k radar will come in handy.  Not sure Alaska is up to the task honestly.  

Well Musashi is nice and all, but last rank 9 was all about DD play and supporting DDs. Musashi is completely neutered when your teams losses their dds early. 

Think i might just roll alaska with radar and take out DFAA for hydro. That should help i hope. 

[VETSN]
Members
954 posts
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

Well Musashi is nice and all, but last rank 9 was all about DD play and supporting DDs. Musashi is completely neutered when your teams losses their dds early. 

Think i might just roll alaska with radar and take out DFAA for hydro. That should help i hope. 

I don’t have Musashi or Kron so I can’t really talk, just from what i saw last T9 Ranked season.  I will probably run Jutland again, although I might try and grind the German DD line...  I’ll try Alaska too, but her guns have been wonky at best lately and I’m not sure why.

[EQRN]
Members
1,617 posts
13,546 battles

I wonder if Friesland will be out by then :cap_hmm: oh, and Benham for the walls of skill :cap_haloween:  They could do a DD-only T9 ranked and it would be awesome.

[USCGC]
Members
430 posts
3,692 battles

This is making me consider using FXP to unlock the Iowa. I’m working on North Carolina now and I have all the modules and upgrades for her, just need ship XP to get Iowa. I’ll have to see where I’m at on the 7th I suppose. :cap_hmm:

[SYN]
Members
8,133 posts
12,777 battles

WG: 'The carrier rework is a success'

Also WG: 'Gonna have a couple of T9 ranked seasons to exclude them, T7 ranked sprint oh and we'll make CB T8 but exclude CV anyway!'

• Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,002 posts
9,654 battles
2 hours ago, VeatherVitch said:

With Benham around  I think Jutland and Z-46 will be key DDs. 

You forget Fletcher's smoke duration. It'd also be interesting how many Blacks upset balance with their shorter-ranged radar. Yugumo will need excellent torp-leading skills. Udaloi and Tashkent won't be as effective since can't contest caps.

Also, you forget Kitakaze. Surprise ambushes with 6 IJN torps are no laughing matter. Chung Mu seems to be less popular these days?

For cruiser I'd expect Roon and Alaska be king. St. Louis has to HE spam at range and Donskoi is easily spotted. Given the 6v6 it's gonna come down more to which side gets the nastier AP volleys in first, and that is sore for Ibuki. Buffalo and Seattle will struggle some--but of all the T9 CRs Buffalo is among the worst to fight given her improved AP.

BBs I think it's a toss up between Mushashi, Iowa, and Alsace. Not sure how Lion can fit in as tank and FDG's pretty power-creeped.

Before you say anything, no comment on the T9 Russian BB as haven't played it nor fight it yet, but guess it'll be the close-in brawler nobody wants to duel.

[TNG-2]
Members
2,047 posts
4,353 battles
4 minutes ago, Reymu said:

You forget Fletcher's smoke duration. It'd also be interesting how many Blacks upset balance with their shorter-ranged radar. Yugumo will need excellent torp-leading skills. Udaloi and Tashkent won't be as effective since can't contest caps.

Also, you forget Kitakaze. Surprise ambushes with 6 IJN torps are no laughing matter. Chung Mu seems to be less popular these days?

For cruiser I'd expect Roon and Alaska be king. St. Louis has to HE spam at range and Donskoi is easily spotted. Given the 6v6 it's gonna come down more to which side gets the nastier AP volleys in first, and that is sore for Ibuki. Buffalo and Seattle will struggle some--but of all the T9 CRs Buffalo is among the worst to fight given her improved AP.

BBs I think it's a toss up between Mushashi, Iowa, and Alsace. Not sure how Lion can fit in as tank and FDG's pretty power-creeped.

Before you say anything, no comment on the T9 Russian BB as haven't played it nor fight it yet, but guess it'll be the close-in brawler nobody wants to duel.

Last T9 rank was won or lost with DD play and how you supported them. I believe the cruisers who can support the DDs the most and not get blapped quickly will be the picks. Im leaning Alaska with radar and hydro.

Members
1,642 posts
9,939 battles
14 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Kita, Jut, fletcher/black will probably be good picks for DDs.   CM isn't as good after being punished by WG.  I loved Tash but i dont think it would do well.  I really enjoyed z46 whose turret angles are great for kiting, and the gun range was the same as radar range, so you can fire until out of radar range then go unspotted naturally. 

Cruisers will probably be iffy.   Radar cruisers will probably be best depending on DD numbers.  Donskoi is solid.  alaska as well.  the rest are ok to meh. 

BBs will probably be filled by Mus, Mos, and JBs.  Alsace and Iowa are both decent picks.   Lion and FdG would be meh.  I cant speak for the new RU boat, but it seems really meh. 

[DONGR]
Members
14 posts
262 battles

In the main, I don't see how the selection of best T9 ships for ranked changes much from the last season of ranked when it was T9, if at all. 

Jutland gets a tiny nerf making Kitakaze and Black a tiny bit better than before, relatively speaking.  We'll see...

There's Neustrashimy, the cockroach of torpedo boat destroyers but I don't imagine it doing the job; not enough gun power.  On the other hand, it's a spotter with staying power if you can avoid a ship-melting shootout. 

Z-46 is the same as it was. 

Chung Mu is getting nerfed, if you're were even considering it at all. 

We have Alaska now; though I'm not sure it would be a strong choice for what the T9 ranked meta may be. 

There's Sovetsky Soyuz but I think Musashi is still better for the mode. 

Edited by Carlos_DNGR

[NMKJT]
Members
2,262 posts
6,249 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Also...

Game Maps and Modes

Battles will be held in Domination mode on Sleeping Giant, Shards, Northern Lights maps and the new Crash Zone Alpha map, as well as in Epicenter mode on the Trident map.

So more of that again. Would by far prefer Arms Race mode.

Members
1,262 posts
15,973 battles
7 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

I own both and if I'm going to take one into a ranked battle it'll be the Alaska.

[SIM]
Members
4,228 posts
7,241 battles

Hm, at this point I've accumulated a weird fleet of tier IXs (Black, Benham, Missouri, Musashi, Kronstadt, and Alaska). It might be interesting to put it through the paces, though the star layout this season seems like a bit of a slog.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,402 posts
7,671 battles

Jean Bart was good the last time it was IX but I might try Benham just to see how if it does as well in area control  as it is right now in Random.

[-TKS-]
Members
752 posts
12,159 battles

radar Neptune is where its at. well it served me well in arms race. should handle regular play.  it will be interesting to see how many benhams are out there. 

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

I look forward to this, at least within a reasonable range of the irrevocable ranks. I guess I'll wait to buy my Montana since I don't want to sell my Iowa now, I'm quite comfortable with its guns. I can have my Buffalo ready too, radar is always useful.

I can play with my Musashi and Jean Bart as well - Musashi will get to shine with no AA and the Jean Bart is just really good at smaller engagements.

Unfortunately my Kagero isn't far enough along for me to buy the T9 ship, so I won't get to try DDs in higher ranked yet.

Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles
6 hours ago, mofton said:

WG: 'The carrier rework is a success'

Also WG: 'Gonna have a couple of T9 ranked seasons to exclude them, T7 ranked sprint oh and we'll make CB T8 but exclude CV anyway!'

CBs always excluded CVs

[DURPX]
Members
46 posts
3,856 battles

Is everyone just forgetting Georgia is a Tier 9 now or is that something that isn't even being considered?

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,198 battles
10 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Really?   Damn man that kinda sucks.  Arms race in ranked really was a ton of fun.    I totally agree with OP..  Thank god for non tier X.   and Tier 9 has been getting a lot of love lately

Sign in to follow this