You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Lin

Team shooting again (In operation)

35 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
263 posts
6,308 battles

Well, I just experienced the same thing that I used to experience in coop battle (for 2 times). This time is in operations.

I was grinding the IJN DD line in this week's operation, and I might be a bit too agressive and killed (or you can say finished up) two ships that one of our Scharnhorst was shooting at.

One is the Missouri, the other one is the CV, I simply torped both of those ships before:

Missouri could reach our transport

CV could get behind another set of island

Interesting enough, those ships are both ships that our Scharnhorst going after.

After I sunk both ships, our Scharnhorst start shooting at me while I was in smoke in front of our lead transport ship. I think he fired like 3 salvo or something, pretty much kept shooting me till the match end (he also fired at bots for maybe 1 or 2 salvos in between).

I told him he won't do any damage since it is in operation, you don't take team damage, and the player respond by something like "lol, you are such a bad player".

I don't understand what he/she is thinking, even if I am a bad player, that doesn't mean you can shoot your teammate.

This is the third time I have such experience in either coop or operation, so I was a bit angry, and use one imporper language. I told him at least I was not a ****[some rude words] in the chat. And he immidiately said "yes you are".

I must say I shouldn't be mad and misbehave in chat, but I just can't tolerate team shooting since I experienced it twice in coop.

Well, I receieved two reports after the game, I assume it was the Scharnhorst player and his clanmate, which is another Scharnhorst.

I apologize for misbehave in chat, but still, I just don't like that your teammate shoots at you with some random reasons.

587361590_WorldofWarships2019-07-1910_10_27PM.thumb.png.3819717c57e71063f88b463c6052a848.png465618242_WorldofWarships2019-07-1910_10_15PM_LI.thumb.jpg.89347dab579f03613a24a6acd1b2c8e8.jpg1978301756_WorldofWarships2019-07-1910_10_22PM.thumb.png.95f2639f1b17b3d7bb4387506bd5bb90.png

Edited by Tom_Lin

[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles

There seem to be a lot of people on this weekend who believe in 'kill stealing'.

Kill stealing isn't real. Damaged ship: shoot it or torp it, it doesn't matter who's been farming it. Damaged ships still shoot back and it's everyone's responsibility to sink them.

But there are some players who don't understand that and get VERY upset when 'their' kill gets 'stolen'. They've been out in force today. I've seen a rant almost every third game.

Immature brats.

• Funny 1

[AK-47]
Members
263 posts
6,308 battles
2 minutes ago, Incomitatus said:

There seem to be a lot of people on this weekend who believe in 'kill stealing'.

Kill stealing isn't real. Damaged ship: shoot it or torp it, it doesn't matter who's been farming it. Damaged ships still shoot back and it's everyone's responsibility to sink them.

But there are some players who don't understand that and get VERY upset when 'their' kill gets 'stolen'. They've been out in force today. I've seen a rant almost every third game.

Immature brats.

Well, I probably should be happy about this happened in operation rather than a coop battle or random (even I hardly ever play random). Since there is no team damage in operations. I could imagine that Scharnhorst chunk me for few K team damage if it is not in operations.

Used to experience similar thing in coop, people get mad while I play my Salem behind island. I think I got chunked for like 25% of my HP becasue the Musashi in my team decide to shoot me.

Since then I just can't really tolerate intentionally team shooting/ team killing.

[K0]
Members
1,731 posts
7,131 battles

There technically is kill-stealing in Narai with the award for killing all 5 transports solo, but afaik it doesn't really add anything. People are just salty sometimes, feel free to report.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles
3 hours ago, Tom_Lin said:

Well, I just experienced the same thing that I used to experience in coop battle (for 2 times). This time is in operations.

I was grinding the regular IJN DD line in this week's operation, and I might be a bit to agressive and killed (or you can say finished up) two ships that one of our Scharnhorst was shooting at.

One is the Missouri, the other one is the CV, I simply torped both of those ships before:

Missouri could reach our transport

CV could get behind another set of island

Interesting enough, those ships are both ships that our Scharnhorst going after.

After I sunk both ships, our Scharnhorst start shooting at me while I was in smoke in front of our lead transport ship. I think he fired like 3 salvo or something, pretty much kept shooting me till the match end (he also fired at bots for maybe 1 or 2 salvos in between).

I told him he won't do any damage since it is in operation, you don't take team damage, and the player respond by something like "lol, you are such a bad player".

I don't understand what he/she is thinking, even if I am a bad player, that doesn't mean you can shoot your teammate.

This is the third time I have such experience in either coop or operation, so I was a bit angry, and use one imporper language. I told him at least I was not a ****[some rude words] in the chat. And he immidiately said "yes you are".

I must say I shouldn't be mad and misbehave in chat, but I just can't tolerate team shooting since I experienced it twice in coop.

Well, I receieved two reports after the game, I assume it was the Scharnhorst player and his clanmate, which is another Scharnhorst.

I apologize for misbehave in chat, but still, I just don't like that your teammate shoots at you with some random reasons.

587361590_WorldofWarships2019-07-1910_10_27PM.thumb.png.3819717c57e71063f88b463c6052a848.png465618242_WorldofWarships2019-07-1910_10_15PM_LI.thumb.jpg.89347dab579f03613a24a6acd1b2c8e8.jpg1978301756_WorldofWarships2019-07-1910_10_22PM.thumb.png.95f2639f1b17b3d7bb4387506bd5bb90.png

You score +180k in Narai in a DD, you have zero to apologize for. 

• Angry 1

[USCG]
Members
476 posts
16,489 battles

No such thing as kill stealing in my book. Shoot till they’re dead... Sometimes you do 90% of the damage and someone else gets the last 10%, sometimes it’s the other way around. Don’t worry about it, just keep shooting!

[O_O]
Members
3,967 posts
17,953 battles

Seems like that pair of Scharnhorsts had a plan to rule the world and you "Pissed in their Wheaties". Report them for their behavior if you want. You did alright by me from what your results say. I'd be happy to have you on the same team doing that same work...

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
2,726 posts
9,518 battles

I stopped playing Ranked one season when, in three consecutive matches there were two (or in one case three) team mates shooting at each other.  In each case we were down a team member before the first red was even spotted.  It's annoying as all get out.  

[O_O]
Members
297 posts

Tons of people are in Narai farming base experience this weekend.  It it going to be ugly, so do your thing and ignore the salty captains.

[BOTO]
Members
843 posts
12,284 battles
46 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

ticks me off when i do 98% of the total damage and some jerk comes in and gets the kill shot. i would torp them also (which i do in ranked and non ranked matches) 

Could you possibly be more childish?  With that kind of attitude you really shouldn't play at all.

• Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
48 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Could you possibly be more childish?  With that kind of attitude you really shouldn't play at all.

This is who WG is trying to bring in, kids. Us old folk aren't spending enough money anymore....:Smile_teethhappy:

Unfortunately the result is what you see. Idiotic, childish behavior...in the name of..... mo money......:Smile_hiding:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,642 posts
15,512 battles

In Narai I practice kill giving, instead of going for the kill, I will take bigger chunks out of higher HP targets and leave the small points to some one who really thinks they want the kill ribbon. My shells are too valuable to waste on low HP targets, that I know some one else will kill any way. I don't mind getting kills but damage totals is where it's at.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
903 posts

I was going to post something like this yesterday..  I have a replay of it and all.  A DD just started shooting me and put 6 torps into my Atlanta as I was attacking a BB.  It was 100% Intentional..no targets near me and he fired 3 times and launched 2 full torp salvos at me.. Meanwhile I have 12k Damage only 30 seconds into the match so it's not like I'm AFK or anything.  I mention sending the replay to WG and it is Laughed off.  He went off and died in some noob fashion , I finished top of my team.

I have come to just accept that there are very troubled people here and WG isn't going to do anything about it.

Col Out

[GOB]
Members
903 posts
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

In Narai I practice kill giving, instead of going for the kill, I will take bigger chunks out of higher HP targets and leave the small points to some one who really thinks they want the kill ribbon. My shells are too valuable to waste on low HP targets that, I know some one else will kill any way. I don't mind getting kills but damage totals is where it's at.

Never thought of it that way before..  May try that.  But when you are actually going for awards that are for actual kills in Narai it's frustrating when you see someone sitting there NOT firing at the transports until you get then down to a couple of hundred HP then they take the kill shot as you are reloading to finish them off.. you get the next one down and BOOM they do it again.  Now after seeing this 6 times in a row there is no question they are stealing your achievement for that round.   I usually go for the transports and have prb 50 of the awards for getting all of them solo so I can tell you it happens and not infrequently.  People who insist here is no such thing as stealing either never play this game outside of their bubble or are the ones stealing because in certain games it IS done and is well known.

In a fight in Randoms it's all on!!   Hell there are times I am yelling for people to gang-kill someone before they can Blapp me again etc.  That is a diff story . In some games there are many reasons to steal and people who do it like pros. 

Col Out

Members
894 posts
7 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

Immature brats.

What is the term for players who obviously and deliberately hold their fire until they can "secure" a kill on an enemy with extremely low HP?

[SALVO]
Members
22,947 posts
23,545 battles
7 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

What is the term for players who obviously and deliberately hold their fire until they can "secure" a kill on an enemy with extremely low HP?

They're just potatoes.  Kills don't matter all that much from an XP perspective.  And just waiting around and doing nothing until you have a chance to secure kills on low HP enemies isn't a good way to get good XP and credits. 

Frankly, about the only time when I can see the slightest justification for "kill stealing" is if there's some mission going on that requires X amount of kills.  I can understand why some players might do this during such a mission.  IMO, it's still rather unclassy, but at least it's understandable.  But barring such a kill related mission, there's really no good reason to justify this sort of in-game behavior.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,795 battles
3 hours ago, Dkangel33 said:

ticks me off when i do 98% of the total damage and some jerk comes in and gets the kill shot. i would torp them also (which i do in ranked and non ranked matches) 

Then learn to shoot better and whine less.

[TBW]
Members
8,642 posts
15,512 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Never thought of it that way before..  May try that.  But when you are actually going for awards that are for actual kills in Narai it's frustrating when you see someone sitting there NOT firing at the transports until you get then down to a couple of hundred HP then they take the kill shot as you are reloading to finish them off.. you get the next one down and BOOM they do it again.  Now after seeing this 6 times in a row there is no question they are stealing your achievement for that round.   I usually go for the transports and have prb 50 of the awards for getting all of them solo so I can tell you it happens and not infrequently.  People who insist here is no such thing as stealing either never play this game outside of their bubble or are the ones stealing because in certain games it IS done and is well known.

There is kill stealing of the transports in Narai with random teams and I will, shoot at them, but I don't kill them in random team Narai. When playing with the good people from the Hoperations channel on Discord, if you call the transports, you get all of the transports, allowing you all of the damage points unless some ones secondaries accidentally opens up on them. People complain about losing the Shark among Shrimps achievement in Narai, when some one kills one of the transports, but they never complain about it in Killer Whale.

The Hoperations discord is populated mostly in the evenings until later at night and, If yous guys, would like to play with us guys, PM @Lightninger for a link, 5 star wins abound, so if you are using your signals and camos you don't waste them on a possible loss or only 1 or 2 stars in Random Operations.

P.S. The Hoperations guys also will help with grinding for other than Operation related missions, like savage battle grind for instance.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,642 posts
15,512 battles
44 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

They call them Combat Mission Completionists or CMC's for short, either that or Potatoes. If I steal a Kill, it's just because the ship was still able to shoot at me.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

In Narai I practice kill giving, instead of going for the kill, I will take bigger chunks out of higher HP targets and leave the small points to some one who really thinks they want the kill ribbon. My shells are too valuable to waste on low HP targets that, I know some one else will kill any way. I don't mind getting kills but damage totals is where it's at.

So much this. Specially as a BB with a 30+ sec reload. Do you really want to waste 30 seconds on a ship with a small amount of HP or look for something to take chunks out of and rack up that damage? Damage is where it's at. Playing the Sinop with 33 sec reload makes you think about that in Narai quite a bit.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles
2 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

My preferred term is auto-censored on here. But since the primary reward in both XP and credits comes from proportional damage inflicted, I don't let it ruffle my feathers too much. Also, I don't pay that much attention to the reload rates or turret traverse times of my teammates to know that they've deliberately held fire. And if you do... surely you have better things to be paying attention to in battle?

2 hours ago, Crucis said:

They're just potatoes.  Kills don't matter all that much from an XP perspective.  And just waiting around and doing nothing until you have a chance to secure kills on low HP enemies isn't a good way to get good XP and credits. 

Frankly, about the only time when I can see the slightest justification for "kill stealing" is if there's some mission going on that requires X amount of kills.  I can understand why some players might do this during such a mission.  IMO, it's still rather unclassy, but at least it's understandable.  But barring such a kill related mission, there's really no good reason to justify this sort of in-game behavior.

Kills do matter a fair bit for making credits. The XP bonus for kills is small, but the credit bonus is more substantial. It's not as good as inflicting primary damage, of course, but if someone were deliberately holding fire until they could finish off near-dead targets, they'd probably make profit. Assuming that their half-participation in the battle didn't result in a loss, of course.

I just seriously doubt that there are many (or even any) players who deliberately do this. I think it's more the case of falsely attributing malice. When I'm in battle, I try to stay vaguely aware of what my teammates are doing, but I'm not counting the seconds on their reloads or watching closely to see where their turrets are aimed. I can't count the number of times I've been accused of kill stealing a target that I'd spent the last two minutes shooting at. I've even been accused of kill stealing targets that I did the majority of damage to! All because players don't pay attention to who else is putting fire on their tunnel-visioned target.

So when someone 'steals' my target, I think it's far more likely that either:

1. They were already shooting at it and I didn't notice.
  2. They had finished off or lost sight of a different target and my target was the next one they noticed to shoot at.
  3. They abide by the adage "shoot what you can kill quickest" which is generally excellent advice.

And even if there are other reasons, just assuming it's one of those three keeps my stress level down. It is, after all, just a game.

Edited by Incomitatus

[A-O]
Members
788 posts
8,149 battles
6 hours ago, Rustyhole said:

Tons of people are in Narai farming base experience this weekend.  It it going to be ugly, so do your thing and ignore the salty captains.

Base XP for what?

AFAIK it does not count in Naval Battle.

Members
21 posts
15,688 battles

Unfortunately when tasks\missions give rewards for the number of kills (like the current 25 ships sunk part of the rogue wave event), some players will just try and finish what another captain has worked hard to do. Like the last BB with all HP facing half the enemy team or the camping cruiser comes out from behind the island it is just another example of poor play.