You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BC_Wolfen

CV quit due to too many TX's

70 comments in this topic

[ARSE]
Members
45 posts
5,714 battles

We had just loaded in and our CV states (see chat below)  and with that he's gone AFK sitting dead in the water.  We reported him as AFK, but deliberately dropping from a match should give a more serious penalty. GRR! Just had to vent.

image.png.69c67cd159a7c8a893ecf1351fa155e5.png

Edited by BC_Wolfen
Typo
  • Cool 8
  • Confused 1

[PHD]
Members
748 posts
3,824 battles

Yep. I do not play T 8 because of the matchmaking. I tried , once last week PvE just to play my Atago. Two t 8 one to and the rest t10. Why bother.

But I did play out the match, for as long as I  lasted anyway. Will not be back or getting any t8 or higher ships for a long time. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,308 posts
10,164 battles

T8 MM is the worst in the game. Not only is it very rare to be top tiered you usually find yourself & 1 or 2 other T8's against a slew of T10 ships. This does get frustrating.

• Cool 4

[56TH]
Members
303 posts

one of the many reasons I wish they would switch to a +1/-1 MM system...

T8 always gets screwed and he is not the only player I have heard of leaving a match because of it. Not to mention players who have left the game entirely because they thought the match making was never fair. I know personally I would wait an extra minute or so for better match making in my T8s... but its a rant that WG will never acknowledge. As of know they are basically unplayable.

• Cool 4

[PHD]
Members
748 posts
3,824 battles
46 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Thought this thread was about Texas. I was disappointed. :Smile_great:

Nah, Texas is tier 5, never see a TX battle. You are just a victim of acronym creation like me most of the time. 

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles

It can be rough at times, especially in stock ships. First 5 battles in thr new Shokaku stock were vs t10. Didn't get a t8 match until I already had the planes upgraded. Thankfully people kept splitting up so I still had work to do.

I'd like to see them bring back the skill that uptiers your planes a bit when facing higher tiers

[TF_HQ]
Members
89 posts
10,229 battles

I quit the other day in my cv, sailed str8 into the other team. all T 10 only  3  t8. im done with that crap. got reported and don't give a fuk.

• Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 5

[BOTO]
Members
826 posts
12,201 battles

I'm so tired of the MM complaints, particularly Tier VIII.  Give me a break, suck it up and play as best as you can.  Some of the best games I've had are in Tier VIII ships when I'm bottom tier.  No, Tier VIII isn't bottom tier all the time, probably not even 50% of the time. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[VETSN]
Members
941 posts
6,818 battles
16 minutes ago, uggferron said:

I quit the other day in my cv, sailed str8 into the other team. all T 10 only  3  t8. im done with that crap. got reported and don't give a fuk.

SMH, just complain in chat like everyone else and continue playing like a good teammate, because after all this is a TEAM game.  I have an 86% win rate in my Atago and they’ve all been tier 10 matches.  

Unlike my GK with a 44% win rate because of terrible teammates like you who either suicide or leave the game because.... 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
Members
6,483 posts

Item #1:  Tier 8 planes are expensive at 9,000 credits a splash.

Item #2:  Tier 10 AA is way overpowered for anything tier 8.  Need to approach Worchesters and Des Moines with FULL SQUADS just to have a survivor score any hits.  Otherwise, those planes are vaporized.  Some ships, I've approached with a full flight - at high speed, just to have them never make it far enough to drop.

Item #3:  The Bombs and torps have been nerfed to just an annoyance - the only RNG luck is to score fire or flooding.  In the Graf, it's common to have 32K flooding and 5K torp damage (in a good game).

Item #4:  Out of 6 games I tracked (to look at economy), ZERO games at top tier.  Half were tier 9, and the other tier 10.  Usually ending up lower middle to bottom in the ranks.  There were exceptions, but silly-good RNG was carrying me on those.

THAT BEING SAID...

The operator goofed.  He should have left his planes on the deck and auto-pilot'd the ship into the nearest cap.  Those secondaries will seriously cripple and outright delete any cocky DD stupid enough to get close without cover.  And if the cap is contested...   It's a wonderful RAM.   And hey!  No Ammo costs in the repair column!

EDIT:  And some Important NEED TO KNOW information about US - 5" secondaries...    They are worthless against the Graf.

07_17_19_Graf Zeppelin_F.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1

[-WTP-]
Members
950 posts
8,158 battles

You should always give it a go. I'm not affected too much by T8 MM but my buddies and I are almost always surprised when we're top tier, more so than other tiers. "Holy crap we're top tier," T8 life in a nutshell. 

Members
5,022 posts
8,495 battles

I remember the days when players quit the match because of too many HE cruisers and/or DDs...

Edited by CylonRed

[NG-NL]
Members
5,995 posts
9,654 battles

Some ships just don't uptier well. This is a major issue and WG is overdue to bring in +/-1 MM, at least for T7-10.

• Boring 2

[_-_]
Members
2,621 posts
7,511 battles

Going afk or dc'ing just because you don't like the MM spread is unsporting and childish, regardless of tier or ship type.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
22,903 posts
23,445 battles
7 hours ago, BC_Wolfen said:

We had just loaded in and our CV states (see chat below)  and with that he's gone AFK sitting dead in the water.  We reported him as AFK, but deliberately dropping from a match should give a more serious penalty. GRR! Just had to vent.

Seriously?  The CV player thought that THAT was "too many tier 10's"????   I see 4 tier 8 BBs and a pair of DDs that would make excellent targets.  And that's half the enemy team.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
22,903 posts
23,445 battles
50 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I remember the days when players quit the match because of too many HE cruisers and/or DDs...

I remember the days when MM was +/-3 tiers.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,903 posts
23,445 battles
21 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Some ships just don't uptier well. This is a major issue and WG is overdue to bring in +/-1 MM, at least for T7-10.

Well, WG clearly doesn't agree with you.  At a recent CC event in St Petersburg,I remember watching the video of a dog and pony show and part of it was a Q&A.  And someone asked about +/-1 tier MM, and got quickly shut down.  It seems that +/-1 tier MM is a total no-go for WG.

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,191 battles
7 hours ago, BC_Wolfen said:

Honestly I am suprised I haven't seen more of this.

You need to play tier 8 cvs in tier X games.   You are pretty much useless especially if there are few DDs.    You may get lucky and get that one low AA ship alone in the water but its VERY rare.    I am lucky to break 20-30k in Tier X games.   Your planes get eaten alive.   Its boring.    So I completely see where this CV captain is coming from.  I DO NOT agree with what he did.  But I understand

• Cool 5

[-VT-]
Members
704 posts
8,567 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Seriously?  The CV player thought that THAT was "too many tier 10's"????   I see 4 tier 8 BBs and a pair of DDs that would make excellent targets.  And that's half the enemy team.

Well, he is in the Graf Zeppelin, and probably only the Bismarck would be an easy target, if it’s alone.  Everything else, including the DDs, would have been a pain in the but to go after.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,435 posts
4,324 battles

Hey look, another week, another record 

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190720/na_week/average_class.html

Lowest CV players and match totals since the rework, 8.5 is breaking records every week.   Great balancing job WG.  :fish_palm:

High Tier CV games played on NA is down 36% from pre-8.5 to today.     Even low tier CV games is falling, after a short up-tick as the player who enjoy CV attempted to avoid the AA by going down in tiers, but I guess its not much better there.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1