You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

Nerfed Somers, the New Neustrashimy

9 comments in this topic

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,803 battles

First the torp was nerfed, which was somewhat reasonable?

Then the guns were nerfed, as if they were not already mediocre/bad.

It will be another ship in the arsenal that nobody buys.

Why wasting your effort creating a ship that almost no player would buy?

Collectors may not be able to afford it due to her 20k-30k steel price tag.

Competitive players have better choices, such as Stalingrad and Borgogne. 

Just look at the stats now: Only 16 people on NA server has Neustrashimy, and 1/3 of the owner are struggling to reach 50% win rate in this ship even if they are competitive players who can afford steel ships. 

WG just won't release a good steel DD. 

Edited by Plaatduutsch
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
Members
8,133 posts
12,777 battles

I'm still fairly interested, balance looks a bit questionable but the ship still has potential and is interesting. Right now I wonder if a down-tier is the best solution.

As she stands I do think Somers is simply too constrained in design space between the Gearing and Shimakaze. Not unduly encroaching on either of those ships seems tricky, not too much gun dakka, too much torp power, too much stealth or you're rubbing too much into the competition. Gearing had DPM, Shima has gun alpha, Somers is middling. DPM at 6s reload is getting a bit low and the torps were nerfed relative to Gearings.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,285 posts
17,786 battles

This is WoW praying that P. T. Barnum was right, and one WAS born every minute.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,296 posts
16,120 battles

There are only 16 Neutershimy on the NA Server? 

C5RXVrS.gif

I have only seen One Neustrashimy in battle since its release. Kind of wondered how it was doing. 

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,803 battles
20 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

C5RXVrS.gif

I have only seen One Neustrashimy in battle since its release. Kind of wondered how it was doing. 

I have only seen one as well. How well are they doing? Minus 10-15% of your usual win rate in your other DDs. 

For example, this guy has 56.34% in his overall DD winrate, but his win rate in  Neustrashimy is only 49.25%

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles
46 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

C5RXVrS.gif

I have yet to see anyone with a Neustrashimy in game.  It got me curious to see how much action it's seen.

She came out in update 0.8.3 on April 25, 2019.  She's been out just a hair under 3 months and she's only seen  2556 PVP battles.  That's pitifully low for any Premium. 

NA server 2556 PVP battles

RU server 4890

EU server 5467

ASIA server 2436

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[POP]
Members
1,518 posts
18,724 battles

I was going to get a Neustra but with Somers coming out … I dunno.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,002 posts
9,654 battles

It's just a Steel ship. Why would anyone buy a Steel DD?

I'd be interested if she had her unique thing. Right now, it's just a Fletcher-wannabe, somewhat.

8 hours ago, mofton said:

I'm still fairly interested, balance looks a bit questionable but the ship still has potential and is interesting. Right now I wonder if a down-tier is the best solution.

As she stands I do think Somers is simply too constrained in design space between the Gearing and Shimakaze. Not unduly encroaching on either of those ships seems tricky, not too much gun dakka, too much torp power, too much stealth or you're rubbing too much into the competition. Gearing had DPM, Shima has gun alpha, Somers is middling. DPM at 6s reload is getting a bit low and the torps were nerfed relative to Gearings.

Color me surprised. Why be afraid this Steel DD will nudge out an existing DD? It's kind of stupid--let the DD loose to shake things up!

[BS]
Members
1,848 posts
9,426 battles

Guys somers was nerfed so people don't hoard resources for her. same for sigfried.. they'll be buffed closer to release