Sign in to follow this  
Rickjoshi1765

Shooting shells through Islands

6 comments in this topic

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,248 battles

I was in a Des Moines earlier and I literally had shells go through the island. Is this some bug? The shells did not register as hits but I saw them hit.  I know they shouldnt count but I shouldnt see them either.  Anyone seen this?

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
8,613 posts
15,469 battles

Post a replay, there may be an error in the map. I have seen torps go through Islands before but it was a long time ago in an ocean far away,

[WOLF5]
Members
2,909 posts
3,215 battles

The shell tracers displayed don't match the actual trajectory calculated by the game (don't ask me why). So shells that appear to go through or clear islands may not actually have done so, so no hits will be recorded. It happens the other way too, shells explode on island, then hit target. It's a bug so far as the tracer animation and trajectory calculation are apparently two completely separate things that sometimes don't agree. Don't worry, the game didn't lose your shells, and there are no hacks, the animation was just a bit more optimistic than the actual numbers allowed. Also, I still think islands are a little messed up in the game code, so that doesn't help either.

Sign in to follow this