You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Something very...... interesting.

41 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles

Please fast forward until you see me start to line up Montana.  I take my time to line up to make sure he is on designate course.

Then post here what you think I mean.

20190719_194336_PJSD012-Shimakaze-1943_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

Edit: I am not silly enough to think there is no hack for game. I know Aimbot use is out there but even this do not help much because ship can alter course when incoming and such.  
But ...something very strange going on in this replay to me.

Very strange. 

I have hear of it before but not experience something like this until now. 

Montana is not boat that can turn on a dime, need to start turn very early ...as if... you are expecting something coming. 

Expecting.... or seeing...

Edited by LadyAnesjka

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts
7 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Please fast forward until you see me start to line up Montana.  I take my time to line up to make sure he is on designate course.

he? you refer to ship as HE ???  :Smile_izmena:

your saying GTFO of my way til see i am lined up and heading towards where want to go  :Smile_Default:

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles
1 minute ago, Ozium said:

he? you refer to ship as HE ???  :Smile_izmena:

your saying GTFO of my way til see i am lined up where want to go  :Smile_Default:

Hahahaha, well i see alot here make they boats " She " ..... I would think big bulky Monatana is a " he " =P

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,235 battles

Might just be crapluck but it is crazy timing that he started turning in as soon as you dropped your torps.  He also may have realized he was broadsiding your whole team and decided that wasn't the best idea.  

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,197 battles

Montana saw your smoke, you were detected because of being so close.  I do not understand what was odd. 

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[-BRS-]
Members
1,265 posts
6,197 battles

I think you were detected because you had fired within 20 seconds and the Montie got within 3km.  Didn't they make this change a few months ago regarding gun bloom?  That might explain why it "felt" strange, because wouldn't you have remained undetected before they patched it? 

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,235 battles
13 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

ffs what is the issue?

Who knows - there is definitely nothing wrong with the clip that Nuts posted.  I thought she was talking about the lineup with 11 minutes left in the game.  OP is like a riddle and from what i saw it was certainly perfectly timed turn but we've all had that happen.  With no more guidance than we got on what the supposed problem is i'm officially calling this "NOTHING TO SEE HERE"

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles

First repsond got it right. 

The torps I launch at Montana from 9km, he turn JUST as I launch them.

I was not refer to when he get close.

[CAST]
Members
2,026 posts
9,306 battles

By turning from guns to torps to guns, the priority target indicator changes numbers.  Good players watch that to determine when torps are launched.  

I do have some concerns about launch data, though.  I have kept my torp indicator on a ship and held off firing to throw off any guessing on launches.  Then had the ship start a turn as soon as I launched.  I  tracked the same ship doing the same thing each time.  It definitely looks bad.  Luckily it doesn't happen often.

Edited by Murcc

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles
35 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Might just be crapluck but it is crazy timing that he started turning in as soon as you dropped your torps.  He also may have realized he was broadsiding your whole team and decided that wasn't the best idea.  

This is exact issue. 

Crazy right ? The very second i do torps he turns

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

The Monty driver did exactly what I would have done in his situation.  He turned towards the smoke, knowing torps would be showing up.  

That is not what I refer to. It was the torp drop before where he turn at EXACT moment I drop torpedo from about 8 or 9km

[WOLFG]
Members
6,982 posts
5,011 battles
2 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

That is not what I refer to. It was the torp drop before where he turn at EXACT moment I drop torpedo from about 8 or 9km

Image result for Spidey sense

• Funny 1

[POP]
Members
243 posts
12,290 battles

I posted based on the close fight. I will watch the other. 

Edited by cmdr_bigdog

[CAST]
Members
2,026 posts
9,306 battles
6 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I can't seem to play the game clip.  I was going on the short clip, but modified my response bases on more reading.  

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles

He going straight for about 20-30 second... no incoming fire to him or threat.  I Wait for him to see if he stay on this line then I begin to line him up with torpedo to make sure of accurate hit.
image.thumb.png.b10999fac14256f7e2efd191ad839d62.png

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles

This is first time I have EVER come to forum with something like this. 7,000 fight and I have never see something so.........  you know ?

Either obvious or coincidence ? 

Do not know of any Montana that could dodge Shima 9.6 --- 70 knt torpedo from 7km unless they know they was coming .... or.... SUPER coincidence.

Edited by LadyAnesjka

Members
2,897 posts
10,693 battles
3 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

This is first time I have EVER come to forum with something like this. 7,000 fight and I have never see something so.........  you know ?

Either obvious or coincidence ? 

Do not know of any Montana that could dodge Shima 9.6 --- 70 knt torpedo from 7km unless they know they was coming .... or.... SUPER coincidence.

Probably just coincidence, maybe just a bit of luck and experience. I doubt that dude is cheating.

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Probably just coincidence, maybe just a bit of luck and experience. I doubt that dude is cheating.

Could be, also could be other way, LOL

Just still sitting here shaking my head at what was suppose to be guaruntee hits .....and he turn just in nick of time.

Oh well, LOL

[GOB]
Members
892 posts

I'm no pro but I saw two things.

1) YES he turned like a BOT but I don't have that ship and don't know what it can do.  I do know what  Full reverse and L or R rudder can do though.

2) Right as you launched he took 3 volleys in the Starboard Broadside and may have just been getting his bow into it. 

I'm no pro...that's just what I saw.

UPDATE

I just played it again and tried to get that first volley that pegged him in a SC but only go  the second one but he did get a chunk taken out of him right before he turned.  Sorry I don't know how to FF or RW a playback to do it again.

Col Out

Unqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqtitled.png

Edited by Col_Nasty

[POP]
Members
243 posts
12,290 battles

The clip wont load for me. Flamu has a youtube on how to use the detected feature and the  ships aiming at you to detect when torps are fired. 

Many times a dd is aiming guns (say there are 2 other ships aiming at him so count is 3) you drop to torps (count goes to 2) so he knows you are probably aiming torps. You fire torps.  9 out of 10 players will immediately switch to guns. So the count  goes up to 3 and odds are that torps are incoming. 

If you didn't switch to guns  I would guess he was  lucky.

I try to turning and/or changing speed in a cruiser or  bb every 20 seconds or so even if its a small turn. I was a dd main before the CV rework and I know how they play so I evade a lot of torps by random turns and speed changes. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
243 posts
12,290 battles

looking at the min map he turns the moment the guns lock back on. It could be conincidence but I would bet he saw the detected/locked on number change. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
11,367 posts
31,838 battles
1 hour ago, LadyAnesjka said:

First repsond got it right. 

The torps I launch at Montana from 9km, he turn JUST as I launch them.

I was not refer to when he get close.

Of course. That is perfectly normal. Most veteran VB drivers vary course and speed, and know where DDs are going to appear. I have played thousands of games in DDs and have had this happen many times.

Of course, the trick is to anticipate how he will turn.

[HRVAT]
Members
1,236 posts
9,614 battles
13 minutes ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

looking at the min map he turns the moment the guns lock back on. It could be conincidence but I would bet he saw the detected/locked on number change. 

Make sense