You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam

Which cruiser?

31 comments in this topic

Members
516 posts
4,309 battles

Helena, Schors, Yorck or Algerie?  If you're going to suggest something else fine but you're not helping so please move along.  These are the ones I'm moving onto cause I want another tier seven cruiser to use in Narai while I grind out CRUISER: Knowledge Boost.  Thank you.

[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
15,255 battles

For me, Shchors. Hands down. Stay at range, keep things burning with HE, wiggle to avoid eating citadels. Rinse. Repeat.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 2

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

Your intent is the play Narai? I'd say Helena. You cant really go wrong with any of them as they all can serve a good purpose. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
22,463 posts
20,530 battles
24 minutes ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Helena, Schors, Yorck or Algerie?  If you're going to suggest something else fine but you're not helping so please move along.  These are the ones I'm moving onto cause I want another tier seven cruiser to use in Narai while I grind out CRUISER: Knowledge Boost.  Thank you.

For Narai, Helena or Yorck.

Helena's 152mm x15 does great damage in Narai.

Yorck has good 210mm guns to work against the many Cruisers found in Narai.  She also has a terrific amount of torpedoes to use against Battleships, which really comes into play against Missouri (if your team doesn't have a DD to sink her efficiently) and the BBs that show up in the last stages of the Operation.

Helena is probably the safer "stand off and spam" choice.  Yorck is if you are aggressive and like to AP the Cruisers and find opportunities to torpedo Battleships.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[K0]
Members
1,732 posts
7,131 battles

Helena would be the best choice for Narai, due to relatively close-range engagements against mostly cruisers and easy access to healing. Yorck and Algerie are pretty similar in that they're both 4x2 heavy cruisers that will mostly be relying on HE with the occasional switch to AP (Yorck being better because of her higher AP alpha) . What matters more between the two is that the German and French lines distinguish themselves from each other starting at the T8s Hipper and Charles Martel respectively. Shchors is a fine cruiser for randoms, but Narai doesn't really need her accuracy at long-range.

When Ultimate Frontier inevitably returns, longer ranges over open water are much more common and healing is difficult. Helena will hurt for range the most due to higher numbers of battleships, but they will handle the important destroyers and aircraft well. Shchors will excel the most at taking down the battleships and cruisers from range but her AA is garbage and she will eat nasty penetrations if the AI gets wise. Yorck and Algerie will fall somewhere between these two extremes.

Helena and Shchors rely heavily on having the IFHE skill to make their HE work, and that is up for changes.

[-AGW-]
Members
916 posts
12,322 battles

Helena for Narai. The output of shells against targets that follow predictable paths is just too good.

Yet of all of these Algerie has the best record for me in randoms. FWIW 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,584 posts
4,550 battles
58 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

the effects of the pending changes to IFHE. 

Which are what? 

I hear there will be changes.  I don't know what they are.  Do you?

[CK5]
Members
1,153 posts
10,645 battles
21 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Which are what? 

I hear there will be changes.  I don't know what they are.  Do you?

[WOLFC]
Members
2,143 posts
12,111 battles
1 hour ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Helena ... 15 Rounds of American Justice is hard to ignore ...

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,584 posts
4,550 battles
Just now, PrairiePlayer said:

Thanks.

Members
1,098 posts
1,857 battles

Of those listed I've played Yorck and Algiers and I love the Algiers. Best cruiser at that level IMO.

Edited by ruar

[GOB]
Members
906 posts

Helena with CE IFHE  DE and 15 guns is a Monster.  AP is DEADLY to cruisers BUT you have to get used to the Rainbow trajectory.  She's my Fave! But with all CLS don't get CAUGHT!!

[CLARE]
Members
561 posts
2 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Your intent is the play Narai? I'd say Helena. You cant really go wrong with any of them as they all can serve a good purpose. 

Helena.

[POP]
Members
243 posts
12,321 battles

They all work. Play any of them for 3 or 4 games and you will get them working well in Narai. It's a great aiming tutorial for any T7 ship. 

But I would say it's like any scenario, its bad for learning  defensive actions. 

[_-_]
Members
2,657 posts
7,614 battles

For all-around utility and (in my humble opinion) lots of fun, go with the Helena.

[BOTO]
Members
844 posts
12,305 battles
16 hours ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Helena would easily be my pick, followed by Schors.  Yorck and Algerie don't do as well in my opinion because you don't really need the long range of their guns and they have fewer guns with much lower DPM.  Helena over Schors because of her greater DPM and she maneuvers better. 

Members
1,919 posts
3,377 battles

Helena and Fiji are my top picks for Narai. I really love Narai. Great farming and a lot of fun, too.

Except a few matches ago I ended up doing Narai with four CLs and three DDs. That went poorly, but we did finish everything right down to the last Schors, Colorado, and Atlanta before failboating.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,290 posts
On 7/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Amracil said:

For me, Shchors. Hands down. Stay at range, keep things burning with HE, wiggle to avoid eating citadels. Rinse. Repeat.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it.

Respects,

Am

Shchors/Lazo are my favorites for Narai, but you need a BB to carry some of these players.:Smile_amazed:

Spoiler

ivHzemE.jpg

Edited by awiggin