You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Infinite_Havoc

Clan Battles and Ranked at the same time?

14 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
8 posts
503 battles

Is it me or is this the first time we have a full ranked season starting right after Clan Battles starts? And if it is why are you doing this WG? 

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

They're really stacking things back to back. I think it's because a lot of the player base enjoys those modes more than randoms. Tie into the release of shiny new premiums hidden behind resources you get from those modes and you have a half [edited]recipe for keeping people playing.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,825 posts
3,795 battles

Dont forget the whole French arc for the DD line. There is bound to be some valuable worthwhile rewards there too.

[-TKS-]
Members
753 posts
12,159 battles

clan brawl is not really clan battles or ranked for that matter  .......

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[R-F]
Members
1,584 posts
9,604 battles

1 hour ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

clan brawl is not really clan battles or ranked for that matter  .......

He's not talking about Clan Brawl.  We have the following dates for the next "regular" seasons:

Clan Battles: July 31st-September 15th

Ranked: August 8th-September 3rd

As you can see the ranked season is wholly encompassed within the clan battles season.

1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Nothing says you have to play the mode.

This is true of course but it touches on the issue of burnout.  A lot of people will feel compelled to complete whatever missions and events are placed in front of them.  And this is exactly the kind of person Wargaming wants to keep around, because they tend to be the ones to buy every ship and buy a few crates to finish collections and stuff.  This type of personality gets pretty stressed when it's forced to choose between skipping some events or playing the game an unhealthy amount.

Ask around in your clan... I'd be shocked if nobody is feeling pretty weary about the pace that these events are arriving at. 

I know personally there's no way I can give a ranked season my best and give a clan battles season my best at the same time.  Something's going to give.  Steel is going to go unclaimed.  It doesn't make me feel good.

[WOLF7]
Members
118 posts
2 hours ago, Infinite_Havoc said:

Is it me or is this the first time we have a full ranked season starting right after Clan Battles starts? And if it is why are you doing this WG? 

Clan battles exclude CVs.  Some people do not participate in CB but do not like random with CVs thus tier 9 ranked where no CVs exist and they can be happy. 

Make sense?

[AAA]
Members
172 posts
12,854 battles

I think they will postpone this ranked season once they wake up and look at a calendar.

Still, it is true that the competitive modes are far more interesting than randoms. Randoms just fall flat at this point IMO. They're good for practicing for CBs and ranked but not much more.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

Ya know... there's nothing wrong with having more game modes and options...

I used to play Halo 2 back in the day. I always thought that it's clan ranking system would be a good idea for WoWs . And to be honest, I've never played a game with a better clan system than Halo 2.  I never understood why WoWs makes temporary "seasons" in everything. Why not just make them permanent game-modes?

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[-TKS-]
Members
753 posts
12,159 battles
5 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

He's not talking about Clan Brawl.  We have the following dates for the next "regular" seasons:

As you can see the ranked season is wholly encompassed within the clan battles season.

well thanks for pointing that out , I would have missed it till is was too late .  Puts people like me in a bit of a  bind, play ranked and get guaranteed steel as far as you go or play clan battles and hope yours does well, jeez WG.  ranked season being so short now and CB 4 days a week it makes it difficult to do both . 

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[CUTER]
Members
3,139 posts
12,662 battles
14 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

This is true of course but it touches on the issue of burnout.  A lot of people will feel compelled to complete whatever missions and events are placed in front of them.  And this is exactly the kind of person Wargaming wants to keep around, because they tend to be the ones to buy every ship and buy a few crates to finish collections and stuff.  This type of personality gets pretty stressed when it's forced to choose between skipping some events or playing the game an unhealthy amount.

Ask around in your clan... I'd be shocked if nobody is feeling pretty weary about the pace that these events are arriving at. 

I know personally there's no way I can give a ranked season my best and give a clan battles season my best at the same time.  Something's going to give.  Steel is going to go unclaimed.  It doesn't make me feel good.

Burn out is always an issue.  I have seen many excellent players both in my clan and others burn themselves out simply because they don’t manage the burn out.  Take savage battles for example, another meat grinder of an event.  Players finishing it are exhausted on playing.  I looked at the reward, decided it wasn’t worth it and made no attempt to get it.  Took nearly a week off last week since I know a big push is coming, I feel pretty good right now.  Just focus on playing your best, playing on a bad day lengthens the grind, and saps your energy and motivation.

Am I happy they both are running at the same time?  Not really, but it’s up to me as a player to manage my time.  I knew it was coming, and have been defragging before the events.  The secret to longevity playing competitively is not to break yourself down in these grinds.  I’ve seen a lot of excellent players just quit because they allowed themselves to get burned up.

Theres a reason why our competitive teams don’t have minimum requirements for games or oil per a period of time. If guys want to take a six month hiatus they still have a spot.  Our clan built our community more around bullshitting in Discord than the game.  Several are playing different games right now, but still in our community because of the connections there.  CUTE took the lessons learned from the KNTAI split and got serious about retention, and building a lasting team structure but that’s a whole different discussion for another thread.

[WOLF7]
Members
118 posts
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, ElectroVeeDub said:

Ya know... there's nothing wrong with having more game modes and options...

The more game modes operating simultaneously the fewer players that will be in each que and the longer to assemble a battle.

Even though I agree that we should have +-1 Tier MM, the same problem applies,  more few players within my que range to assemble a battle.