You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kcs74

Matchmaking Monitor fix?

9 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
6,693 battles

Searched the forum but found no answer...surely I am not the only one who has experienced the Matchmaking Monitor app not working since a few updates ago?

Does anyone have a fix? TIA!!

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
19,990 battles

@kcs74 If you are using a MM Monitor and it doesn't work then it is fixed. Lose it and never use another one.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

Modders come and go, shouldn't be surprising that one no longer works. Although if it's still included in a mod pack, I'd think they would have tested it.

[KUMA]
Members
49 posts
9,682 battles
1 hour ago, kcs74 said:

Searched the forum but found no answer...surely I am not the only one who has experienced the Matchmaking Monitor app not working since a few updates ago?

Newest MMM doesn't work if you are accessing wows via steam.

You can roll back to MMM 1.2.0.4. It works for steam version. At least for me.

I am told by others that newest MMM still works if you use WGC instead of steam. But I can't confirm that.

• Angry 1

Members
231 posts
79 battles
3 hours ago, kcs74 said:

Mine's working just fine.  I'm not using steam so maybe like the guy above that's the issue?  Usually when it's not working it's because the address of the folder it's supposed to point to is not correct and needs to be corrected.  I got the drive letter wrong one time which will break the whole thing.

And regarding that person above who hates MM, it's about attitude and mindset.  If you lack self-control and use it for toxic thoughts and behavior, yeah don't use it.  If you have self-discipline and have a brain that operates within the realm of logic and reason and understand the value of information like knowing which players on your team you have a higher probability of relying on and which ones you likely can't, or which opponents you may need to focus on to get them out early because they pose the biggest threat, etc. it is a critical tool that improves your performance (again, you also have to have the skills and wisdom to apply that added knowledge in a way that achieves positive outcomes).

Of course, the majority of players fall into the latter category which is why there is so much animosity toward the application.  It's hilarious how historical data triggers people.  If a person has an unhealthy relationship with historical data, they have serious psychological problems.  Historical data should be as neutral as a ladder or a speed bump.  It just is.  It's just there.  To attach emotion to it shows how extremely irrational and emotionally unstable some people can be.

Vote 'boring' or 'angry' if you agree with me, especially without having the backbone to articulate specifically and in an orderly and reasoned fashion what you disagree with and why using relevant supporting evidence to demonstrate you have the mind and maturity above a 10 year old.

Edited by A_Burning_Sensation
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,276 battles

I just discovered that if your MM always says "Not currently in battle..." that you can try shutting off versioned replays (MM needs the replays in the default folder not under the version name folder).

Find your "engine_config.xml" file and change... <versioned>True</versioned> to <versioned>False</versioned>

That is what fixed mine.

FYI - you have to make this change every time there is a new version of WoWs as it creates a new "engine_config.xml" file.

Edited by CapnCappy

[XBRTC]
Members
2,996 posts
9,698 battles

MMM still works just fine for me, though it seems to be a case-by-case basis. Some of the guys I play with aren't getting it to work at all.

The developer has switched a lot of his time and effort over to an almost clean-sheet redesign of the software, though, so I'm not sure how much more fixing he's going to do with the current / old version.

The new one is really good. Much better, lot more info available.