shadowsrmine

So After Going Around and Around

31 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
Members
3,300 posts

With people Claiming One Way and Then the Other  that This 07 a Left Handed Salute an others Claiming it's Not(like it Matters that Much:Smile_amazed:) I went on to create one that is Obviously a Right Handed Salute ('_')7 instead only to have some Numb Skulled Clown claim it was Left Handed instead:Smile_facepalm: The Face is Clearly Looking At You Right Hand Up Touching Right Brow Duh!:Smile_honoring: <<<--<<And 'This Is A Left Handed Salute:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,458 posts
8,476 battles

Ouch...

Here... let me help.

fI6Djv4.png

Edited by JCC45
  • Funny 2

[WMD]
Members
1,085 posts
7,945 battles
10 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

With people Claiming One Way and Then the Other  that This 07 a Left Handed Salute an others Claiming it's Not(like it Matters that Much:Smile_amazed:) I went on to create one that is Obviously a Right Handed Salute ('_')7 instead only to have some Numb Skulled Clown claim it was Left Handed instead:Smile_facepalm: The Face is Clearly Looking At You Right Hand Up Touching Right Brow Duh!:Smile_honoring: <<<--<<And 'This Is A Left Handed Salute:Smile_facepalm:

Your salute is left handed...  the emoji is a proper salute with the right hand. 

As someone that throws out high fives quite regularly I assure you that I know an proper salute. 

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
Members
3,300 posts
1 minute ago, VeatherVitch said:

Your salute is left handed...  the emoji is a proper salute with the right hand. 

Nope You use your Right Hand  And it Doesn't Switch when Facing someone Else!  Look in A Mirror Lift Your Hand and Salute this is how it will look  ('_')7  Not:Smile_honoring::Smile_facepalm:

[WMD]
Members
1,085 posts
7,945 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Nope You use your Right Hand  And it Doesn't Switch when Facing someone Else!  Look in A Mirror Lift Your Hand and Salute this is how it will look  ('_')7  Not:Smile_honoring::Smile_facepalm:

Congratulations, your troll worked... lol

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
Members
3,300 posts
2 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Congratulations, your troll worked... lol

Obviously You Never did Military Service and never had this drummed into you like Some People Did:Smile_facepalm:

Members
653 posts
11 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Then why if your standing in formation your elbow is facing east and the captains elbow is facing west?

[WMD]
Members
1,085 posts
7,945 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Obviously You Never did Military Service and never had this drummed into you like Some People Did:Smile_facepalm:

You were serious? 

I thought this was a good troll, but it's even funnier now! :Smile_veryhappy:

Go have someone salute you with their right hand, then the left... tell me which one looks like your "right handed salute". 

Unless you intended your salute to a salute to yourself as viewed in a mirror.  

Also note that I am sitting at my desk in NDHQ in my 19th year in the RCAF as I respond to this.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,559 posts
23,530 battles

Don't forget the French salute

\o/

[BASIN]
Members
3,300 posts
6 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

You were serious? 

I thought this was a good troll, but it's even funnier now! :Smile_veryhappy:

Go have someone salute you with their right hand, then the left... tell me which one looks like your "right handed salute". 

Unless you intended your salute to a salute to yourself as viewed in a mirror.  

Also note that I am sitting at my desk in NDHQ in my 19th year in the RCAF as I respond to this.

Like you've got any Right to point fingers and call someone a 'Troll'  after some of Your Posts!:Smile_facepalm: and yes this ('_')7 is what a Right Handed Salute would look like

Members
653 posts
2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Like you've got any Right to point fingers and call someone a 'Troll'  after some of Your Posts!:Smile_facepalm: and yes this ('_')7 is what a Right Handed Salute would look like

Get someone to salute you please! Get you kid or your mom if you are a kid.

[WMD]
Members
1,085 posts
7,945 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

It does not look like that at any time other than in a mirror. 

As someone that not only does drill, but taught it as well, I can assure you that you are wrong. 

• Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,085 posts
7,945 battles
1 minute ago, I_Potato_Ther4_I_Yam said:

Do Brits still salute with their palm out or was that some caricature on comedy shows?

They do, except the RN. The RCMP, and I believe the Aussies and Kiwis do as well. 

[USCGC]
Members
424 posts
3,595 battles

O7 is a left handed salute when the person saluting is facing you. 

<o or :Smile_honoring: is a right handed (proper) salute when the person saluting is facing you. 

Any 8 week E2 coming out of boot camp could tell you that. 

The only time you would ever consider saluting left hand is if your right hand/arm is incapacitated or missing (serious injury, in a sling or cast, amputated, etc)

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

You salute with your right hand per U.S. Military standard. If you are being saluted the hand that goes up is their right, which is your left side when facing them. 

[USCGC]
Members
424 posts
3,595 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You guys will argue about anything :cap_haloween:

Sometimes i suppose. 

Although active and retired military are quick to jump into these kind of things :cap_hmm:

[INTEL]
Members
2,551 posts
13,064 battles
57 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Here's an experiment.

1. Salute any military or ex-military
  2. Take a picture
  3. Place picture next to your post
  4. Is the individual in the picture and the one in your post saluting with the same hand?

Here's a shortcut:

Spoiler

Image result for military salute

image.png.ff3cca2b8d84b9ecf3d9886db7475ceb.png

[BASIN]
Members
3,300 posts

This is me looking towards  all of you Right Hand Against the Wall, All of  the Fingers Except One should be seen folded Down That one should Extended Up!:cap_cool:

Man_against_a_wall_right_hand_up.png

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Funny 3