You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

the Benham

40 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,336 posts
10,254 battles

I will be 43 tokens short of the 800 required for the Benham if my calculations are correct. I'm trying to make up my mind if I should buy the tokens or not.

I really hate the savage battle camo. I will not use a ship with such a revolting camo. Does this come with a normal looking camo with the same perks?

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,799 posts
13,828 battles

Yes its come with a "normal" premium cammo and the savage battle (2 camos).

Privateers, Members
8,913 posts
7,837 battles

She has a normal looking camo without this weird geometry of savage battle ships. In total you have the choice between either the savage camo, the normal camo or whatever single use camo you might have. 

Members
800 posts
4,544 battles
9 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

You can always turn the camo off

The bonus from the camo will still apply, the visuals wont be displayed

Unless this has changed recently this is false. I tried with Roma way back due to the obnoxious beer can. At that time disabling camo visuals unequips it from any ships in port too.

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 2

[SEC_8]
Members
113 posts
20,215 battles

I fear that playing the Benham after this horrendous grind might cause PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) making me relive the painful grind causing me not want to play her... kind of defeats the purpose of the whole effort don't you think?

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,336 posts
10,254 battles
8 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I tried that with the space camos. In port it is off, in battle I still see it.

[SAVAG]
Members
637 posts

Gave up on the DDs for the event, time constraints and my wallet being shut to events like this are the major causes . Meh!!!! too bad.  oh well.  !!!

Members
3,659 posts
18,035 battles
14 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I will be 43 tokens short of the 800 required for the Benham if my calculations are correct. I'm trying to make up my mind if I should buy the tokens or not.

I really hate the savage battle camo. I will not use a ship with such a revolting camo. Does this come with a normal looking camo with the same perks?

Comes with a regular camo also and you'll be kicking yourself if you don't get it it buy the crates

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,336 posts
10,254 battles

btw the savage camo is better bonus

Yes, it does but it does not make up for how obnoxious it looks.

Just punishment for those creating such camos.

Yes, I do hate the camo.

[DOG]
Members
752 posts
9,105 battles
10 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

image.thumb.png.6c28cb6341c1f0f21c05fe9fe4b50d87.png

btw the savage camo is better bonus

image.thumb.png.e47693e23bfea45a97638c8caeae5c1d.png

Yeah, but did you notice that the regular camo has half the economic benefits?  The XP don't matter that much, because what are you going to do with XP on a premium?  Unless you want to spend a bunch of real cash for doubloons to convert to Free XP.  But most folks probably have more than enough unusable XP scattered around on tier Xs and other ships they kept after buying the next one up the tier to do that.  Now the 20% off vs. 10% off of post battle service sometimes makes a difference.  But it's not as crucial as it is on a tier X.

• Cool 1

Members
653 posts

Spend your hard earned cash on a tier 9 DD if you plan on playing it against Radar and tier 10 ships of you want.

I didn't play the game for  over three months. But I do know the port queens look very satisfying.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
28 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Nope, unless they've changed it recently, if you hide the camo, it will remove it from the ship.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,799 posts
13,828 battles
25 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Yeah, but did you notice that the regular camo has half the economic benefits?  The XP don't matter that much, because what are you going to do with XP on a premium?  Unless you want to spend a bunch of real cash for doubloons to convert to Free XP.  But most folks probably have more than enough unusable XP scattered around on tier Xs and other ships they kept after buying the next one up the tier to do that.  Now the 20% off vs. 10% off of post battle service sometimes makes a difference.  But it's not as crucial as it is on a tier X. 

Yes?... i said that... the savage have a better bonus...

Not so impact for a T9 premium dd, but still "better".

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
6 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Yes?... i said that... the savage have a better bonus...

Not so impact for a T9 premium dd, but still "better".

WG has already stated that the std camo bonuses are incorrect and will be fixed.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts
36 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

The difference in the camo stats is bug.  WG said it will be fixed in 8.6.

• Cool 1

[-NOS-]
Members
1,135 posts
18,959 battles
36 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

The Savage camo has twice the bonus/boost than the regular camo, that's the reason to use it over regular premium camo.

[A-D-F]
5,685 posts
Just now, Xcalib3r said:

The Savage camo has twice the bonus/boost than the regular camo, that's the reason to use it over regular premium camo.

Again, it's a bug.  The standard camo will be the same stats in the next patch.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,799 posts
13,828 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

WG has already stated that the std camo bonuses are incorrect and will be fixed.

cool! :)

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,218 battles

I'd say get crates to get Benham. If you end up not liking her at all you can always sell her for just over 14m credits.

[A-D-F]
5,685 posts
1 minute ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

I'd say get crates to get Benham. If you end up not liking her at all you can always sell her for just over 14m credits.

Never, ever, sell premium ships.

• Cool 2

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,218 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Never, ever, sell premium ships.

Why? It's not like you can't get them back. Just need to send a premium vehicle restore ticket to WG and they'll restore the ship(s) and deduct whatever credit value they're worth. Done it many times when I really needed credits. The most recent restore was Smith and Molotov. Now granted they don't restore any captain that was on the ship(s) when you sold them but whatever. 

[A-D-F]
5,685 posts
5 minutes ago, SYST3M_OVERIDE said:

Why? It's not like you can't get them back. Just need to send a premium vehicle restore ticket to WG and they'll restore the ship(s) and deduct whatever credit value they're worth. Done it many times when I really needed credits. The most recent restore was Smith and Molotov. Now granted they don't restore any captain that was on the ship(s) when you sold them but whatever. 

I am very suprised WG is doing that for you on any regular basis.  I was always under the impression that the restore thing was a for a once in a great while "oopise".

Be careful, at any time WG can tell you "that's enough restores on this account".  They do it to be nice and lenient of player mistakes, it is not intended as banking system.

[PENND]
Members
346 posts
6,218 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am very suprised WG is doing that for you on any regular basis.  I was always under the impression that the restore thing was a for a once in a great while "oopise".

Be careful, at any time WG can tell you "that's enough restores on this account".  They do it to be nice and lenient of player mistakes, it is not intended as banking system.

You can request a ship(s) restore once or twice every 6 months but each request can restore as many ships that you want. So you could use 1 request and restore 100+ premiums if you really wanted to and had the credits/available port slots available. I've only had them restore I think 6 ships since I started playing a year and a half ago.

• Confused 1