HorrorRoach

Dev blog is a form of mind control

11 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles

Sommers was nerfed to dissuade people from holding steel. They want you to use it on Nuestrashimy for the upcoming ranked season, or something else that's in the shop right now. Bet you any money that's why they nerfed the Siegfried as well...They don't want you holding your coal/free xp in anticipation for that ship either. Both will be rebuffed closer to release.

Do you think they're dumb enough to hinder sales of currently available ships? No, they're going to milk them for what they're worth to recoup the insane overhead costs.

If you don't believe me, listen to the latest World of Warships podcast by Kelorn. They go on and on about how weak Seigfried is. Zoup said he'd rather be in an AZUMA. Why on gods green earth would you nerf a ship that's already very underpowered... The only reason is profit, it's a business. They don't want people hoarding resources for an apparently OP ship that might not be released for 3 months, they want you to spend it now.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[CRMSN]
Members
8,814 posts
9,677 battles
15 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Sommers was nerfed to dissuade people from holding steel. They want you to use it on Nuestrashimy for the upcoming ranked season, or something else that's in the shop right now. Bet you any money that's why they nerfed the Siegfried as well...They don't want you holding your coal/free xp in anticipation for that ship either. Both will be rebuffed closer to release.

Do you think they're dumb enough to hinder sales of currently available ships? No, they're going to milk them for what they're worth to recoup the insane overhead costs.

That's what I'd do anyway, LOL.

Ej

Except only a total mindcase would drop that much steel on a Neuter, every other steel ship is better, in addition to that. The only way Id ever get Neuter is if they stopped releasing high tier steel ships, and I finally caught up, and had nothing but her to spend it on. I'd prolly still not do it, just in case.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
2,618 posts
8,418 battles
30 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

That's what I'd do anyway, LOL.

Ej

What? That doesn't make any sense on several levels. You made a lot of unwarranted assumptions. 1. You are assuming that people's purchasing behavior regarding Neustrashimy is strictly based on a need to spend the steel on something rather than purchasing it because they actually want it. 2. That would also robbing Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes. You are assuming they would actively sabotage sales on an future product that they spent money to develop in hopes of boosting an existing product. They would be better off just selling both products to anyone who can afford both and otherwise letting people buy the one the want and can afford. If they need to boost sales on one they would either boost the ship or offer a bit of a cost reduction. 

Wargaming nerfs products for many reasons that they will not necessarily explain to us, but I guarantee what you suggested is not one of them. They are not going to spend resources developing something then intentionally sabotage its sales in hopes of raising sales somewhere else. That will run almost any for-profit business into the ground really fast. 

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles
8 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

What? That doesn't make any sense on several levels. You made a lot of unwarranted assumptions. 1. You are assuming that people's purchasing behavior regarding Neustrashimy is strictly based on a need to spend the steel on something rather than purchasing it because they actually want it. 2. That would also robbing Peter to pay Paul as the saying goes. You are assuming they would actively sabotage sales on an future product that they spent money to develop in hopes of boosting an existing product. They would be better off just selling both products to anyone who can afford both and otherwise letting people buy the one the want and can afford. If they need to boost sales on one they would either boost the ship or offer a bit of a cost reduction. 

Wargaming nerfs products for many reasons that they will not necessarily explain to us, but I guarantee what you suggested is not one of them. They are not going to spend resources developing something then intentionally sabotage its sales in hopes of raising sales somewhere else. That will run almost any for-profit business into the ground really fast. 

LOL, keep living in dream land. Both of those ships will be rebuffed to ignite demand for them when the time is right. 

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles
15 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

If you listen to tons of CC's, they say Siegfried is under powered. The 6 guns do not hit hard enough, and the armor is a blessing and a curse... Taking tons of full penetrations. I'm listening to the warships podcast right now, they're talking about how everyone feels she needs buffs, not nerfs. What is the logical reason for nerfing an already weak ship? To put it on the back burner, they were doing basic marketing to gauge demand. They don't want you hoarding resources for a ship thats not going to be released for another 2-4 months. There is nothing illogical or nonsensical about it, basic business.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[WOLFG]
Members
6,970 posts
4,994 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

If you don't believe me, listen to the latest World of Warships podcast by Kelorn. They go on and on about how weak Seigfried is. Zoup said he'd rather be in an AZUMA. Why on gods green earth would you nerf a ship that's already very underpowered... The only reason is profit, it's a business. They don't want people hoarding resources for an apparently OP ship that might not be released for 3 months, they want you to spend it now.

My only question I have is if this^

Is someone practicing mind control?

[NUWES]
Members
2,618 posts
8,418 battles
35 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

If you listen to tons of CC's, they say Siegfried is under powered. The 6 guns do not hit hard enough, and the armor is a blessing and a curse... Taking tons of full penetrations. I'm listening to the warships podcast right now, they're talking about how everyone feels she needs buffs, not nerfs. What is the logical reason for nerfing an already weak ship? To put it on the back burner, they were doing basic marketing to gauge demand. They don't want you hoarding resources for a ship thats not going to be released for another 2-4 months. There is nothing illogical or nonsensical about it, basic business.

I'm not commenting on the Siegfried nerfs themselves. Personally I don't think it needed nerfing. Those supercruisers are difficult to use and I think Siggy will be the hardest of them for most people to use because that 6 gun broadside is going to be very prone to RNGezus regardless of what they do.  I'm just saying that they aren't going go damage an item they plan to sell later in the hopes of getting more sales now as you suggested. They aren't nerfing anything to try to get people to buy Neustryshimy. That doesn't work. It's also not "tons" of CCs. They don't agree on whether it is strong or week, as one would expect. Some like @Notserthink it's great as-is, some like @NoZoupForYouthink it is a bit weak. Others are in between. Trying to nerf an incoming premium wouldn't get people to buy a Neustryshimy if they didn't want to buy it. They'll just sit on their resources and wait for the next one they want to buy. 

I am pretty sure they apply a computer algorithm that evaluates performance of a ship and it recommends buffs or nerfs. They then hold a staff meeting to determine whether they should follow the recommendation. I suspect that is why you see strange buff or nerfs that do small things like increase range by .1km or increase reload by .1 sec. Those changes are too small for a human being to track. If they are nerfing something that means in the internal data that they use it is performing better than it should.

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,412 battles

I'm right... LOL. Suboctavian is already responding on Reddit for damage control.

Edited by HorrorRoach