Sign in to follow this  
Battlecruiser_Repulse

Boy, THIS was a miscalculation

11 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
6,807 posts
7,429 battles

If I know my British chums... and I think I do... well, suffice it to say: homey don't play that way.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/19/british-tanker-iran-capture-fears-stena-impero-uk-ship-latest

Going to be a very interesting next couple of days, I think.

(I mean: good grief - the British just unlocked their tier 14 carrier. Do you really, really want to give them an excuse to test it out?)

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,445 posts
4,539 battles

Here.  Let me help your poor readers.

Iran seized British oil tanker in strait of Hormuz

Members
826 posts
13,818 battles
6 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Oil prices are apparently going through the roof. Wall Street appears to think this is the point of no return.

Wall Street will take any excuse and jack up the prices. Funny how the prices come back down so slowly after the crisis passes....

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
6,807 posts
7,429 battles
3 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Wall Street will take any excuse and jack up the prices. Funny how the prices come back down so slowly after the crisis passes....

I don't doubt your cynicism is an accurate assessment.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
669 posts

" Impero veered into Iranian waters "

with all of today's navigational aids how does one do this?  i wouldn't get within 10 miles of hostile border lol

[WAG]
Members
849 posts
11,453 battles
27 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Wall Street doesn't just increase prices. People are buying futures contracts under the belief that the supply will be impacted. When supply decreases for a commodity with inelastic demand, prices increase, in a capitalistic system. Otherwise, people buy as much as they normally buy, and then you experience a shortage. In a capitalist system, prices increase until the point that people adjust their buying to match the supply.

[PIZZA]
Members
968 posts
10,994 battles

We Europeans will sxxx because it is our oil and USA just frack ..(fracture?) some more oil from old oilfields. 

Nothing eally happens i nelieve. 

Sign in to follow this