You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatsAPaladin

Somers nerf was uncalled for.

17 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles

The nerf from 5s reload to 6s reload brings it down from 172k dpm to 143k dpm, which is barely above the shima and zed.

Why? Becuase it had two more torpedoes than the gearing, so clearly having 44k less dpm than the gearing was too much (the gearing's base dpm is 216k).

The somers is also missing the gearing's 127mm casemate plating, which shatters 127mm he shells.

If you're going to force shima dpm on it with american ballistics, at least give it shimakaze stealth. 

Post release edit 8/28: Called it. 20% more torp dpm isn't worth 73k less base dpm.

• Cool 7

[R-F]
Members
1,586 posts
9,617 battles

I'm worried about this.  After an evening of mixed results with the OTHER new heavily torpedo focused / "guns? what guns?" high tier American destroyer, I fear that Somers may feature a similar playstyle.  Shima may be weak in a gunbattle, but at least it can disengage.  AND it can hit destroyer sized targets at range with the much better ballistics, even if the DPM is lacking.

You're wrong about the torpedoes being side mounted though, aren't you?  They'er three centerline launchers of four torpedoes each.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,816 posts
13,870 battles

I will hope they buff it again util release... nerf on guns not looks cool, if will be a worse gearing then i will just keep gearing and ignore somers.

[CUTE]
Beta Testers
475 posts
5,224 battles
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

I will hope they buff it again util release... nerf on guns not looks cool, if will be a worse gearing then i will just keep gearing and ignore somers.

They seem to really hate DD mains who want high tier dd premiums for some reason.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
8 minutes ago, PG908 said:

They seem to really hate DD mains who want high tier dd premiums for some reason.

DD players are only half that of BBs. Less money to extract there, why make their biggest paying player base angry with more DDs?

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,816 posts
13,870 battles
11 minutes ago, PG908 said:

why give they something it can overstats bbs? we know only bbs can be the best of best of this game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,717 battles

Seriously we need to stop with this. People keep complaining about ships they've never played and havent even been released to the public. 

1. Most of us haven't played the ship ever, so we have no idea how it really feels.

2. Even a super tester or CC has only their own experience to go on. They may share similair thoughts but that doesn't make it the standard.

3. If the nerf is too much we'll see a dev blog post with the buff. There have only been 5 or so dev blog posts changing the French Destroyers.

4. You're just complaining to complain or letting a CC or your own inexperienced assumptions decide things that dont even matter and are based on no actual facts.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,825 battles
7 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Seriously we need to stop with this. People keep complaining about ships they've never played and havent even been released to the public. 

1. Most of us haven't played the ship ever, so we have no idea how it really feels.

2. Even a super tester or CC has only their own experience to go on. They may share similair thoughts but that doesn't make it the standard.

3. If the nerf is too much we'll see a dev blog post with the buff. There have only been 5 or so dev blog posts changing the French Destroyers.

4. You're just complaining to complain or letting a CC or your own inexperienced assumptions decide things that dont even matter and are based on no actual facts.

For ships like this, which probably sells for 20-30k steel, most players will never get the chance to play it whether it is released or not. 

There are ships that we knew it was going to be bad before release as many of us had played several thousands rounds, including you. 

Members
2,484 posts
86 battles

From what I hear from people who got to play Somers, she is overperforming and infringing on Shimakaze's role too much. The nerf is actually warranted.

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,825 battles
8 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

From what I hear from people who got to play Somers, she is overperforming and infringing on Shimakaze's role too much. The nerf is actually warranted.

Perhaps they should give back Shima's torp instead of nerfing Somers. 

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,235 battles
8 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

Preach it sister!  I agree 100% with all of this.  I would love for the complaining to happen AFTER we are hands on and actually have something to complain about.  Maybe it needs this nerf - maybe not. We will see.  If it was released OP there would be just as much complaining that it is OP as you all are now about it being hit with a nerf.  Just chill my friends.  

Members
805 posts
4,569 battles
8 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

RE: 3. WG rarely rebuffs quickly post nerf. Nerfs happen then 8-12 months or more pass THEN they may re-examine for a buff after everyone has largely ignored the ship. Its a stupid way to operate so players have every right to be alarmed by an overreactive nerf as the ships generally are stuck with it for the foreseeable future. There are way too many examples of this (YueYang, Hindenburg, just to name 2).

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 2

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,210 battles

Steel ships have been really unimpressive..     Excellent example before.    I will take my black and benham out well before this port queen.      Black is steel now, but earned her before steel was a thing so to me it doesn't count. 

Ship_PRSD709_Pr_41_Neustrashimy.png

Neustrashimy

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,825 battles
On 7/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, deresistance said:

Steel ships have been really unimpressive..     Excellent example before.    I will take my black and benham out well before this port queen.      Black is steel now, but earned her before steel was a thing so to me it doesn't count. 

Ship_PRSD709_Pr_41_Neustrashimy.png

Neustrashimy

Steel DDs are not impressive, but steel BB and cruisers are good.