You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Question about ship stats in port

4 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,682 posts

Where it lists the HE armor penetration.  Is that the armor that it will penetrate, or the armor needed to stop it?

For example, currently a 105mm secondary has armor penetration of 17.  When you apply IFHE to it, that rises to 23.  But if you multiply 17 x 1.3, you only get 22.1.   So that makes me think the port stats reflect the armor needed to stop it.

Anyone know for sure?

Members
511 posts
6,894 battles

They’re one in the same. The stats listed are what you’ll penetrate while anything above that number you won’t penetrate but those numbers are just a basic understanding of what the rounds will do to a full on target at ideal range. But this I’m sure you know so I won’t bother going into that but basically if my ship can pen say 25 mm then it will list 25 mm so if something had say... 26 mm of armor I won’t pen it. So the numbers are basically one in the same. 

Members
511 posts
6,894 battles

And to answer the other question, WG rounds up. As you said you only get 22.1 with the math but the port says 23 that’s because they will always round up to the next whole number. I think they did a “how it works” video on YouTube about it. Maybe that can answer your question more in depth.