You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Tips on Legendary modules?

22 comments in this topic

Members
447 posts
72 battles

I recently unlocked the Legendary module on Zao and I like it quite well. Had this game the first game I tried it.

Also have the one for Hindenburg and Henri. Which other do you recommend getting?

Des Moines?

[TF-60]
Members
389 posts
11,721 battles
20 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I recently unlocked the Legendary module on Zao and I like it quite well. Had this game the first game I tried it.

Also have the one for Hindenburg and Henri. Which other do you recommend getting?

Des Moines?

The DM module makes the ship handle like a Minotaur 

love it

• Cool 1

[AK]
Beta Testers
13 posts
8,643 battles

My FAVORITE Legendary module is the MIDWAY Legendary Module.

It is so good and smooth that I do not even notice I am using it.

Perhaps this is because you can NOT load it into its slot.  The WIKI makes no mention that it is not permitted use as of yet.  Nor in forums when I looked awhile back.

Found this out a day before I finished the grind, when a clan mate was grousing that he just got the MIDWAY legendary module but cannot equip it.

Nice to have a legendary but not be permitted use.  Can not recall how long ago I finished the grind.  Months?  A lot of "work" and perhaps it will never be permitted use.

WG is somewhat lacking in organization.

• Funny 3

[KRAK]
Members
3,462 posts
19,278 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Des Moines?

DM, Montana, and Gearing are all pretty good imo. Mino is also not bad.

[POP]
Members
552 posts
6,402 battles

The legendary mods I have are as follows; 

Worcester- live it, brings a great deal of utility to your team.

Montana- it is good if your playstyle requires a more tanky build.  I find it very useful with all the he spammers out there currently. 

Midway- didn't know, can't use it.

Shimikazi- not for everyone, I run mine with the 16km torp set up.  I skirt caps and flood them with torps from a distance when enemy teams are pushing.  I find it great for area denial however the slow traverse is very painful and makes up close play very sketchy.  I am still trying to get the best out of it but admittedly dd's are not my strong suit (unless we are talking umikazi's).

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,518 posts
18,724 battles

I have Mino, Groz, Yamato, Gearing, DM, Henri, GK … I think that's all I have right now. I like most of them, I think 'best' is quite subjective. The one I think give the most performance boost in my opinion without any big down sides in randoms is probably Groz. DM is hella fun. Gearing is almost a must have for CB at this point. Mino is quite meme worthy as well … sssssoooooo much smoke. I am working on all the rest of them so I will have a few more done soonish.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,701 posts
36,949 battles

Only one I have is for the yammy and I bought it during one of the events.  Seems to be pretty good

[NUWES]
Members
2,618 posts
8,437 battles
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

DM legendary is awesome.

^I second this. It performs like a different ship. You can accelerate fast enough to dodge BB shells at moderate ranges from a standing start. It also really improves the handling.

• Cool 2

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
4 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Des Moines?

Hey Oldschool_Gaming_YT,

The Unique Upgrades that I would say are definitely worth getting include: Yamato, Henri, Des Moines and Zao for sure. The best though will have to be determined by you and how you play the game. If you are a good shot the Yamato Unique Upgrade will help that. If you are okay with have concealment to the moon, the Henri Unique Upgrade will do that but it will also make you even more potent as a ship.

What this really comes down to is what ships do you find yourself playing and enjoying for multiple battles to get that unique upgrade. What ships do you enjoy playing and would like to see that ship further enhanced by a module that can help it? 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
22,454 posts
20,530 battles

A lot of the Legendaries I feel are "Legendary Downgrades."  Few are actually worth it, OP.  However, Des Moines' greatly changes how she sails.  It's in Slot 6 also.  For the strengths it gives back in how DM sails at the cost of a Slot 6 spot instead of Slot 5, it's a good one to get.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,825 posts
3,795 battles
26 minutes ago, Kami said:

What ships do you enjoy playing and would like to see that ship further enhanced by a module that can help it? 

Bourgogne:cap_rambo:

Imo all the BBs are worth it, save for a Montana used in clan battles. Of course there is some thaf need/use it more than others (Yamato is a must), and Conquerors is only useful if you want that double rudder awesomeness over an already super good concealment. 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,742 posts
12,099 battles

Repub module is very good.  Works better in CWs than pubs, because it cuts your range for increase load speed.

• Cool 1

[NAM-2]
Members
2 posts
5,815 battles

I too got the Midway and the Legacy Mod, some day they will find balance with the CV and then we will be aloud to un balance it.

[PHASE]
Members
5,226 posts
17,712 battles

Non of the leg mods are "epic" when you get them,...…. you get them and see if you like them. None are worth the grind, assuming you are grinding for them. Are they improvements? Yes. But sideways. They are closer to a specialty captain that provides a miniscule immeasurable benefit......

Play the ships you enjoy.

• Cool 1

Members
447 posts
72 battles

I dont really agree that all LMs are just sidegrades, I think some are actually upgrades if you know the ship and knows how to counter the side effects.

For instance I feel that Zao and Henri are pure upgrades. The Henri one gives me monster games almost every game. 18 km detection is not a problem for me. What I can tell it seems like DM, Groz, Repub, Yama and some more are quite strong as well.

I think I will grind Groz (since they nerfed CVs) and DM next since im more of a DD/Cruiser player then a BB main.

Of topic I wonder if this will be the crap year for BB mains. Considering release of new French DD line, Benham, Somers, Smolensk, Colbert etc etc.

Also with ships like Harugumo, Henri, Zao etc etc in tha game.

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT

[DNTZ]
Members
354 posts
16,510 battles

I have looked into this and have the following:

The DD ones are good to take. (except Z-52)

The CA/CL are bad (except Mino and Zai)

The BB are 50/50 - good for Repub, GK, and Yammy.  Bad for the others.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,742 posts
12,099 battles
4 hours ago, BruDog1970 said:

I have looked into this and have the following:

The DD ones are good to take. (except Z-52)

The CA/CL are bad (except Mino and Zai)

The BB are 50/50 - good for Repub, GK, and Yammy.  Bad for the others.

Isn't the Hindy good?  Fireproof her?

Members
1,059 posts
6,051 battles
On 7/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, Alabamastan said:

I have Mino, Groz, Yamato, Gearing, DM, Henri, GK … I think that's all I have right now. I like most of them, I think 'best' is quite subjective. The one I think give the most performance boost in my opinion without any big down sides in randoms is probably Groz. DM is hella fun. Gearing is almost a must have for CB at this point. Mino is quite meme worthy as well … sssssoooooo much smoke. I am working on all the rest of them so I will have a few more done soonish.

Heheh... i run mino legendary with the special smoke+ captain... like being a ghost ship eternally wreathed in a portable london fog.

GK is also a hoot. Full secondary spec is best life. Charging through the cap, murdering radar cruisers and lolibotes, dying with 1-2 kills and first blood... then making a sammich and watching your team mop up due to the fact that you traded your meta-flawed bb for a dd and a radar cl...

Hindenburg is also lol worthy... youre on fire! no wait, its out... youre flooding! no wait thats gone too...

Conqs is... meh.

Zaos is solid.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,213 posts

I think the grind to GET them is good, as they each net you 150 premium consumables, and some nice premium camos. (the entire grind, not each step)  Not to mention all the silver and captain XP- because that's a lot of playing, lol.    IMHO, though- the ones I looked at are somewhat less than a zero sum game.   You give up an upgrade slot, AND each has real drawbacks to it.   It looks like you give up more than you gain.   Save for some of  the IJN ships, which get really good ones.   (I have not looked into all of them- just those for ships I have or am about to get.)

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,037 posts
17,200 battles
On 7/19/2019 at 3:47 PM, Kami said:

Hey Oldschool_Gaming_YT,

The Unique Upgrades that I would say are definitely worth getting include: Yamato, Henri, Des Moines and Zao for sure. The best though will have to be determined by you and how you play the game. If you are a good shot the Yamato Unique Upgrade will help that. If you are okay with have concealment to the moon, the Henri Unique Upgrade will do that but it will also make you even more potent as a ship.

What this really comes down to is what ships do you find yourself playing and enjoying for multiple battles to get that unique upgrade. What ships do you enjoy playing and would like to see that ship further enhanced by a module that can help it? 

Why don't you think Republique legendary isn't worth mentioning.?

22 second reload is nothing to sneeze at.

What I miss at 26 km is more than made up for in shorter range accurate fire.

• Cool 1