Jump to content
Weikath

ST, Italian cruisers tier VIII-X and Genova, tier V

84 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Developers
10 posts

The characteristics of these ships are currently in the balancing stage. We will publish further details in the near future.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Ships_Verona_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.61f58c492f181a62237ee956956d0ee7.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Ships_Torino_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.6050d5c83004d819ee3580d29c43f438.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Ships_Milano_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.57eb629c9c441148ae407ecd0f570ea3.jpg

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Ships_Genova_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.f9fa02421c4dc2f904c283ca2cd5e657.jpg

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,387
[ARGSY]
Members
15,169 posts
9,943 battles

Tier 8 & 9. Copy-pasta indeed. Mamma mia!

What does it say about this lot that I'm almost more interested in the Genova? The triple-stacked all forward firing turrets on the Maiale... sorry, Milano... look interesting, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
512
[KNCOL]
Members
620 posts
1,604 battles

Still waiting for pola...............

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,897
[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles

Hey Captains,

Now that the rest of the line has been shown, which ships interest you the most?

Personally the Milano looks extra spicy to me and I can't wait to see what it can do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[CTHLU]
Beta Testers
51 posts
5,694 battles
2 minutes ago, Kami said:

Now that the rest of the line has been shown, which ships interest you the most?

Out of the ten ships in the line, I think Trento and Alberto de Guissano look most interesting to me.

I might try Zara, but we'll see whether or not it looks decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
770 posts
1,706 battles

Those smoke screens are going to have to be tall to cover those high tier CA's.  The creeping smoke will be interesting.

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[SUCIT]
Members
590 posts
15,539 battles

 

1 minute ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains,

Now that the rest of the line has been shown, which ships interest you the most?

Personally the Milano looks extra spicy to me and I can't wait to see what it can do!

15 8in guns sounds fun, especially if those things have very high alpha and pen like it's been advertised.

Torino looks like the Italian Buffalo, and seeing I really like Buffalo, that wouldn't be an issue for me.

but what is Genova? I've found nothing about her. I'm guessing she is a prelim Heavy cruiser before being canned in favor of the Trentos. But she's T5, and a premium, so she's going to be overpowered and free when the Italian arc starts.

As for my most interesting ships, Milano has to be one of the most interesting T10s I've seen in a while. I also like the look of Trento.

14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tier 8 & 9. Copy-pasta indeed. Mamma mia!

Torino has an extra turret, so probably not quite copy-pasta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,983
[SALVO]
Members
22,937 posts
23,530 battles
41 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains,

Now that the rest of the line has been shown, which ships interest you the most?

Personally the Milano looks extra spicy to me and I can't wait to see what it can do!

Is it too much at this point to ask for the size of the guns on these ships?

And BTW, any news on the Leone?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
123 posts
18,713 battles

Didn't find Taranto, Genova, Verona, Torino, Milano, or Genova on the List of Cruisers of Italy on Wiki. Are these paper ships?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[SUCIT]
Members
590 posts
15,539 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Is it too much at this point to ask for the size of the guns on these ships?

From T6 (Trento) on up are 8in (203mm) guns. I also believe the T5 premium also has 8in guns. on Stream (its in Russian and the only Russian I know are the ship names in the Russian tech tree) these shells are quite heavy and fire at fast shell velocities, which gives off a sense of very high alpha damage and great penetration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,140
[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,011 battles
3 minutes ago, ET1_Allen said:

Didn't find Taranto, Genova, Verona, Torino, Milano, or Genova on the List of Cruisers of Italy on Wiki. Are these paper ships?

I think the Taranto may be former SMS Strassburg. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[SUCIT]
Members
590 posts
15,539 battles
1 minute ago, ET1_Allen said:

Didn't find Taranto, Genova, Verona, Torino, Milano, or Genova on the List of Cruisers of Italy on Wiki. Are these paper ships?

yes. Except Taranto, she started out as a German cruiser in WW1 and was given to Italy after WW1 as a war prize. Verona might of been a possible design, but I don't know. I'm certain the T9 and 10 are from WG's imagination, cause I do not think the Italians ever considered using a triple barreled gun on heavy cruisers, but still think Verona could be viable because it would resemble Baltimore or Charles Martel. Then again, I'm not an expert on Italian design, so if the T8, 9 and 10 exsisted in some fashion, ask someone much more knowledgeable in Italian naval history than me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
865
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,648 posts
7,285 battles

idk about you guys, but the way the front turrets are aimed up when facing forward is slightly concerning, means you can't really fire directly at the front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
123 posts
18,713 battles

Didn't find Taranto, Genova, Verona, Torino, Milano, or Genova on the List of Cruisers of Italy on Wiki. Are these paper ships?

 

Ah, I see Taranto now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
352
[KAPPA]
Members
1,212 posts
6,943 battles
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think the Taranto may be former SMS Strassburg. 

Bingo. Magdeburg class, predecessor to the Karlsruhe. (And oddly enough, the Italian CL I'm most interested in, though that 15x 8 inch gun creation makes me worried for my Zao, considering she's supposed to be built around the heavy alpha model with how low her fire rate is.) Roughly the same armor and armament on a slightly smaller and slower hull. Interestingly though, the Karlsruhe was supposed to be faster, but in-game only makes the same 27.5 kt design speed of the Magdeburgs. Kind of makes me wonder what Taranto will make considering that ALL of the Magdeburgs exceeded design speed by at least .5 kt on trials. Looking it up shows that the trials speed of Karlsruhe and her sisters was only about 27.8 kts, but these tests were done in shallow water. Allegedly, in deep water, they should have made 29 kts. I guess it's a bit like the disputed speeds of the Iowas and Shimakaze due to their trials being run in shallow water, thanks to wartime limitations.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,140
[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,011 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Bingo. Magdeburg class, predecessor to the Karlsruhe. (And oddly enough, the Italian CL I'm most interested in, though that 15x 8 inch gun creation makes me worried for my Zao, considering she's supposed to be built around the heavy alpha model with how low her fire rate is.) Roughly the same armor and armament on a slightly smaller and slower hull. Interestingly though, the Karlsruhe was supposed to be faster, but in-game only makes the same 27.5 kt design speed of the Magdeburgs. Kind of makes me wonder what Taranto will make considering that ALL of the Magdeburgs exceeded design speed by at least .5 kt on trials. Looking it up shows that the trials speed of Karlsruhe and her sisters was only about 27.8 kts, but these tests were done in shallow water. Allegedly, in deep water, they should have made 29 kts. I guess it's a bit like the disputed speeds of the Iowas and Shimakaze due to their trials being run in shallow water, thanks to wartime limitations.

If I am looking at it right, it has a single torpedo tube on each side.  Not something that would inspire a yolo run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
352
[KAPPA]
Members
1,212 posts
6,943 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If I am looking at it right, it has a single torpedo tube on each side.  Not something that would inspire a yolo run.

True, mostly just interested because I always felt Karlsruhe was underpowered for T4, so I'm curious how something similar would do at T3. Then again, I haven't touched Karlsruhe since before she got buffed, was glad to be rid of it at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,140
[WOLFG]
Members
7,004 posts
5,011 battles
Just now, CaptHarlock_222 said:

True, mostly just interested because I always felt Karlsruhe was underpowered for T4, so I'm curious how something similar would do at T3. Then again, I haven't touched Karlsruhe since before she got buffed, was glad to be rid of it at the time.

Well, it was better than Kolberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[HINON]
Members
6,593 posts
9,876 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains,

Now that the rest of the line has been shown, which ships interest you the most?

Personally the Milano looks extra spicy to me and I can't wait to see what it can do!

you had me at 15 203mm guns, inb4 like 15 second reload to off-set the number of guns though

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[TROLO]
Members
423 posts
8,294 battles
30 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

idk about you guys, but the way the front turrets are aimed up when facing forward is slightly concerning, means you can't really fire directly at the front.

You can... As AA guns :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
300
[TROLO]
Members
423 posts
8,294 battles
7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

you had me at 15 203mm guns, inb4 like 15 second reload to off-set the number of guns though

Probably faster than Zao, gotta keep IJN forever bad :D

(although silver IJN ships are actually quite decent)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,292
[HINON]
Members
6,593 posts
9,876 battles
5 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Probably faster than Zao, gotta keep IJN forever bad :D

(although silver IJN ships are actually quite decent)

i doubt the reload of the T10 pasta cruiser will be below 15 seconds, just for the sheer amount of guns it has

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[CVR]
Members
75 posts
8,571 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

yes. Except Taranto, she started out as a German cruiser in WW1 and was given to Italy after WW1 as a war prize. Verona might of been a possible design, but I don't know. I'm certain the T9 and 10 are from WG's imagination, cause I do not think the Italians ever considered using a triple barreled gun on heavy cruisers, but still think Verona could be viable because it would resemble Baltimore or Charles Martel. Then again, I'm not an expert on Italian design, so if the T8, 9 and 10 exsisted in some fashion, ask someone much more knowledgeable in Italian naval history than me.

t8 verona look like a cruiser version of the littorios the rear turret is on high barbette and if we take onto that design the t9 torino looks like upgraded version of that

and if we take that into consideration we can consider that the future t9 italian bb is gonna be a littorio with 12 380 in 4 triple turrrets

 

as for the t10 milano i that must be wargaming imagination

Edited by admiral_beto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×