You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nova4g

Why WG, why?

42 comments in this topic

[ANIME]
Members
3 posts
2,879 battles

Every time there is an event, I'm so close to getting the main reward when WG decides to make it impossible to gain any more of the event currency. Right now I have 729 fuel tokens but can't get anymore unless I purchase a container. I don't have the money to spend on this game to get doubloons and I the amount I have at the moment isn't enough to get me to the 800 mark. I'm tired of spending time grinding events when I can't get what I been working so hard for.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
3,679 posts
5,280 battles

Consider whether the money you would spend on the containers are worth the ship's value in my opinion. Benham should go for 60$+ so it might be a good investment now if you really want the ship.

If I were you I and really wanted Benham I would have tried to scrounge up a bit of money to spend on it.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Boring 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,820 posts
3,786 battles

I fell 100 tokens short (all directives completed as of yesterday), and I do not view the Benham as worth 7500 doubloons. I just don't buy many DDs. 

So instead I cashed out on camos. The bonuses they give is actually very respectable.

It's a tier 9 ship. It's not gonna be a free handout. If you went in with no intention of seriously playing or financial commitment, I wouldn't be surprised when I didnt earn enough for Benham.

[H_]
Members
2,898 posts
13,332 battles

I've taken this event on as a full time challenge....  I'm an average player and right now, I have 4 daily missions to complete and 4 mill in Savage Battles to accomplish and...........I'm done.   To do this, everyday, I've spent most of 4+ hours playing this game to prove a point:  that it isn't at all easy for an average (47 percenter) player to accomplish this "event" without having to, being forced to, engage in "Loot Box" behaviors....  I was asked to do this.  Otherwise, I would have fallen short as well.....

How many others are falling short?  That, is a great question.....  All of my clan are (wow!  that's three of us.....)  How about the rest of you.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,130 posts
9,895 battles

I am 25,000 doubloons away from getting Benham and do not consider it worth the investment, nor the effort that would be required in Savage Battles; I burn out very quickly in that mode.

I MIGHT have got her if I'd devoted all my effort to Savage Battles from the start, but I wasn't willing to ignore my tech-tree ships for an entire patch, especially with a week of 200% first-win bonuses to advance important grinds (and finish a couple of them). My call, my responsibility. Not WG's problem. Like @_1204_, I'm going to end up with a metric ship-ton of camos (though I wish the tokens could also have been used to buy those commanders; I don't have enough credits for them all).

In the first of the Russian events, I fell short of Lazo fairly early in the event. 1500 tokens was not possible, but 1000 tokens got me two T8 permacamos and the loose change got me a crate with an early-unlock battleship (T5).

In the second, I considered Kuznetsov beyond my reach so I settled for the Murmansk and some crates... and that got me the Okhotnik.

When I fail in the main goal, I look to what I can salvage out of the situation. So far, what I've salvaged is arguably worth more to me than what I missed out on.

• Cool 4

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles

We can't accrue tokens anymore? that's funny because i have like 787 i think. Oh well, i'll buy one container.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,399 battles

Is there a way to see how many games you've played in savage battles? I played at least 4 rounds every night for most of the event...I finished the credit grind a few days ago, i was cheating with special flags though. I didn't waste that many. I'm done with 3 of the 5 missons of the 4th directive as well. I just need to finish the nearly finished 1776 ribbons, and the cruiser 20k base XP mission, half done with that

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,702 battles

If you've gotten your dailies done everyday yo should get 100 more fuel tokens in a couple days. You need 48 out 50 dailies completed. Not sure if you knew that or if it will help. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,518 posts
18,664 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

If you've gotten your dailies done everyday yo should get 100 more fuel tokens in a couple days. You need 48 out 50 dailies completed. Not sure if you knew that or if it will help. 

This, I have done daily missions every day as far as I know and after today only have one more days worth to get 100 more tokens.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,820 posts
3,786 battles
21 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

We can't accrue tokens anymore? that's funny because i have like 787 i think. Oh well, i'll buy one container.

Being that close, you might be able to scrape enough up through daily missions before the event ends. 

Members
220 posts
1,545 battles
1 hour ago, Nova4g said:

Every time there is an event, I'm so close to getting the main reward when WG decides to make it impossible to gain any more of the event currency. Right now I have 729 fuel tokens but can't get anymore unless I purchase a container. I don't have the money to spend on this game to get doubloons and I the amount I have at the moment isn't enough to get me to the 800 mark. I'm tired of spending time grinding events when I can't get what I been working so hard for.

This is exactly the WG business model. You are being given a choice between frustration and payment.

• Cool 1

[RSF]
Members
146 posts
11,219 battles

its cheaper to get the crates from the website shop

[TBW]
Members
8,617 posts
15,471 battles
1 hour ago, Nova4g said:

If you've got the Hill you can still get 3 fuel tokens per day for today and 2 more days that = 9, and if you get the 6 from the dailies for today and 2 more days you get 18 more. That will get you 27 closer.

[TARK]
Members
4,154 posts
1,620 battles
1 hour ago, Nova4g said:

Working as designed, comrade!

You didnt think WG was a free2win game, did you?

Come, join us peasants.

[TDRB]
Members
3,321 posts
10,203 battles

I agree with the OP, at least in part. One needs the 100 tokens from the Rogue Wave combat mission but completing the 48 daily mission requirement in the time frame was just too many. And for those with real life obligations such as jobs & family it was impossible from the start. This type of demand on a player's time does not endear players to WG.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,663 posts

If you have been doing all your dailies, you should get another 100 tokens tomorrow.  It is not over, this last set are the last that are needed to get the Benham.

Starting Saturday you should start seeing a bunch of them in games because everyone that has been running the dailies will all have them at the same time.

You can miss up to 2 of the dailies, if you did, it will continue to run to the 22nd.

Members
1,027 posts
19,518 battles

It's kinda pitiful, the amount of players that think that happiness is just a <insert name of cartoon boat nearly identical to some other cartoon boat already possessed> away.

• Cool 4

[O7]
Members
1,753 posts
15,980 battles

They post timeframes and what can be earned and how much at any given time. If you fall short and were unaware that's not a WG problem.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
5,663 posts
Just now, theLaalaa said:

It's kinda pitiful, the amount of players that think that happiness is just a <insert name of cartoon boat nearly identical to some other cartoon boat already possessed> away.

We are not hinging our "happiness" on a ship, this is just the last push to finish the marathon.

[DSAM]
Members
9 posts
9,988 battles
11 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I agree with the OP, at least in part. One needs the 100 tokens from the Rogue Wave combat mission but completing the 48 daily mission requirement in the time frame was just too many. And for those with real life obligations such as jobs & family it was impossible from the start. This type of demand on a player's time does not endear players to WG.

Sadly I will end up 2 dailies shy of getting it, because i noticed the requirements too late.

[--O--]
Members
297 posts

Its a bait n switch,  bait you in with the potential for a free dd and then make it so you have to spend "real money" to get it. That to me says a company might be having serious money issues or is very dishonest.

• Boring 2

[A-D-F]
5,663 posts
8 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Its a bait n switch,  bait you in with the potential for a free dd and then make it so you have to spend "real money" to get it. That to me says a company might be having serious money issues or is very dishonest.

You can get it completely for free.  If you have been running the dailies since the beginning of the event, you will have it without spending a penny, tomorrow.

There are very few events in which WG offers a ship as the reward, that actually require you to spend money.  There have been some but most of them, including this one, just require that you complete the requirements.  This one was a tough one to do for free.  You had to be consistent every day, but it was not a bait and switch.  They laid out what needed to be done to get it from the first day of the event.

• Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
320 posts
8,374 battles

and the last few events are one of the reasons i am not spending much real money on this game anymore. as a crappy 48% er i did get all of the ARP ships as well as the bizmark and DoK but it was hard. now you can get close but need  to buy creats to reach the final prize or have no life outside the game. 

this will drive some players away. i already see a drop in people on in the mornings. it use to be about 100-200 and now it is 10-40. we knew each other and had some fun, now i have to try to find where everyone is to fill a match. 

• Boring 1