You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Full Georgia secondary build ?

94 comments in this topic

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

You are just wrong. Secondary builds can be fun, but in almost no cases are they superior builds to survival builds.

I run secondary meme builds on quite a few battleships. Because they are fun. Not because they are good. But I also nearly never play them solo, because in a solo random game, I nearly never would want to be in a secondary BB over a survival build. Why? Because they aren't as good. They lack the game impact required to more easily carry a game.

And as an example, you call the Alsace not a flanker ship. It's one of the best flanker ships in the game, even post nerf.

I'm curious of there are any ships a secondary buildd is superior.  I'm also aware not all unicums agree on all builds, but what do you and other top players think of people like b6 that says secondary builds on ships like Georgia are the way to go.

Members
485 posts
17 battles
43 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

No i don't realise that and again you highlight your lack of understanding of secondary mechanics because without a manual secondary build, the secondaries will still auto fire at the closest enemy so AI is still involved but less effectively as dispersion is 60% worse and so a non secondary is even more brain dead than a manual secindary build.

For with manual secondaries you have to multitask multiple targets, setting manual targets for secondaries while focusing MB on your primary target.

Wih manual secondaries I can focus two ships at once, kill them and thus be twice as effective for my team.

You dont know what you are talking about so shut up before I make you look even more stupid.

Talking of handicap, I cant think of anything more handicap than sitting in a cloud of smoke with a butt plug up my rear nozzle while spamming HE every where.

Nothing more mindless than sit and shoot and thats what you do in a dd. Xoxoxo

35 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

If you want to see a clown you just need to look into a mirror

I have honestly never seen anyone who still dares to talk back after I have explicitly refuted every [edited] argument you have came up with

If you think left clicking once inbetween your 20+ second reload is apparently "skill" in compairson to using concealment then you do not have a single clue about this game

Keep going you clown, entertain us with your stupidity.

Remember, I give you a way out.

I refer to the answer I gave some moments ago

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
3,842 posts
9,054 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I refer to the answer I gave some moments ago

Hmm, playing Alsace mostly not-secondary build has resulted in me having nearly 2x your average damage in it... certainly not related to how we play/build the ship.

Members
485 posts
17 battles
36 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

You are just wrong. Secondary builds can be fun, but in almost no cases are they superior builds to survival builds.

I run secondary meme builds on quite a few battleships. Because they are fun. Not because they are good. But I also nearly never play them solo, because in a solo random game, I nearly never would want to be in a secondary BB over a survival build. Why? Because they aren't as good. They lack the game impact required to more easily carry a game.

And as an example, you call the Alsace not a flanker ship. It's one of the best flanker ships in the game, even post nerf.

Well I make Secondaries work in every game, I do more offensively with them.

I have tried survival build on secondary ships but they are just not as effective. 

A bismarck flanking at range with survival / mb build is not as effective as a bismark specced with full secondaries. Since it main battery sucks at range, the dispersion becomes to inconsistent.

Close I tear 200k butts worth of damage.

My US bbs and japan bbs are survival specced because they have better main batteries.

Even my republic has a mb / survival build coz it main guns are so powerful.

But I wouldnt do that on the alaace or bourgogne

[A-I-M]
Members
2,233 posts
11,368 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The fact that you are being proud of being able to ctrl+left click and hope that no one shoot you is mind boggling

I am trying to talk some reason into that head of yours but it seems like I am just talking to a brick wall at this point.

You do realize secondary spec are for handicapped people who cant aim to save their live so they depend on AI to shoot for them right? How hard is this to understand?

Perhaps he is satisfied to be, as the old phrase says, “a first-rate, second[ary]-rate man.”

Members
485 posts
17 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Hmm, playing Alsace mostly not-secondary build has resulted in me having nearly 2x your average damage in it... certainly not related to how we play/build the ship.

Yet you have only 1 / 10th the games I have. So I dont see how our stats comprable. Play that ship more and your rating will go down.

[OO7]
Members
3,842 posts
9,054 battles
4 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Well I make Secondaries work in every game, I do more offensively with them.

I have tried survival build on secondary ships but they are just not as effective. 

A bismarck flanking at range with survival / mb build is not as effective as a bismark specced with full secondaries. Since it main battery sucks at range, the dispersion becomes to inconsistent.

Close I tear 200k butts worth of damage.

My US bbs and japan bbs are survival specced because they have better main batteries.

Even my republic has a mb / survival build coz it main guns are so powerful.

But I wouldnt do that on the alaace or bourgogne

Of course you're less effective with survival builds - having a 28% survival rate with almost all your games in battleships means that you don't really understand basic positioning tactics other than #yolo.

Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Yet you have only 1 / 10th the games I have. So I dont see how our stats comprable. Play that ship more and your rating will go down.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll end up averaging 1/2 the average damage, 1/2 the average kills, and 15% lower winrate just by playing more. lol. I could play nearly 100 straight afk games and still have better stats.

If anything my stats are going up in the ship because I first played through it when I was much worse and less competent in general.

[THOR]
Members
373 posts
5,134 battles

Has it been decided yet who has the bigger one? OP just wanted opinions on secondary builds not who has the biggest.

• Cool 1

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,540 posts
6,040 battles

Secondary builds are never optimal. They can be fun, even mildly useful in very specific situations, but that is all. There is almost never a time where a secondary spec would have helped you more than a standard (and pretty uninteresting tbh) survivability build.

[TARK]
Members
4,421 posts
1,666 battles

Cruisers are far better at flanking than any battleship.

Cruisers are far better at DPS than any battleship...especially at range.

Battleships only generic firepower advantage over cruisers is up close spike damage.

Anyone playing a battleship primarily for damage output or flanking is playing the battleship wrong.

Battleships are area denial weapons...they force enemy teams to either spend time sinking them...or go around their firepower focused area.

Battleships are NOT properly built to maximize firepower output...they should be built to maximize their ability to deny enemy free movement.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,944 posts
9,881 battles

I hate to break this to you but your clan mate's rating is 1637, this is above your average player but it cannot be called "excellent"

As a comparison my rating is 4533

You can find player ratings here: https://na.wows-numbers.com/

What's up with your stats? It shows you have played only CAs and DDs, the battle count is wrong when compared to battles per ship... is numbers broken again?

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
Grammar

[OO7]
Members
3,842 posts
9,054 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Cruisers are far better at flanking than any battleship.

Cruisers are far better at DPS than any battleship...especially at range.

Battleships only generic firepower advantage over cruisers is up close spike damage.

Anyone playing a battleship primarily for damage output or flanking is playing the battleship wrong.

Battleships are area denial weapons...they force enemy teams to either spend time sinking them...or go around their firepower focused area.

Battleships are NOT properly built to maximize firepower output...they should be built to maximize their ability to deny enemy free movement.

:cap_wander:

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles

I hate to break this to you but your clan mate's rating is 1637, this is above your average player but it cannot be called "excellent"

As a comparison my rating is 4533

You can find player ratings here: https://na.wows-numbers.com/

Eh, it doesn't count if you rerolled. Don't get me wrong, you're a good player but your stats are not being dragged down by the first few thousand battles you needed to learn the game.

• Boring 1

Members
832 posts
4,638 battles

Stat shaming aside secondaries aren't the best thing to do comparative to survivability for any ship but it makes the game something different so I think its worth having a few BBs that are setup that way. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,328 posts
6,303 battles
7 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Eh, it doesn't count if you rerolled. Don't get me wrong, you're a good player but your stats are not being dragged down by the first few thousand battles you needed to learn the game.

Then we have the venom guy who is basically a troll posting from an alt account spouting numbers that could be either faked entirely, or cherrypicked to make his arguments look good. I'll take a reroll's word over that, at least the reroll has verifiable proof that x thing works.

Just now, ksix said:

Stat shaming aside secondaries aren't the best thing to do comparative to survivability for any ship but it makes the game something different so I think its worth having a few BBs that are setup that way.

It's definitely a subpar setup, but that's why I keep my GK around.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
Just now, MnemonScarlet said:

Then we have the venom guy who is basically a troll posting from an alt account spouting numbers that could be either faked entirely, or cherrypicked to make his arguments look good. I'll take a reroll's word over that, at least the reroll has verifiable proof that x thing works.

Oh, definitely. I'd take DolphinPrincess's advice over Venom's. My post was more for the semi-stat shame. some of us could Reroll and float into the blue/purple field since we don't have to learn to game again.

• Boring 2

[-NOS-]
Members
1,145 posts
19,209 battles

For the average player, the keyword is is average....i think recommending them to go with secondary build would encourage and give them more reason and excuse to engage closer, get more involves in the battle and as a result more supportive to their team mate in general.  Otherwise the average players are just going to stay far back and camp from the edge of the map to snipe throughout the whole game, completely disengaged and no reason for them to push since they now became the unofficial 'snipers'.      A good player is a good player and he or she would do well in ANY type built, as they would be able to capitalize on the ship's strength to make up for the ship's shortcoming or weakness, and they would make robust adjustment on-the-fly in their gameplay, positioning, and strategy based on what they were sailing.

We have so many different BB to choose from, for sniping you have Yamato and Republique, for brawling you have GK and Kremlin, for HE spamming you have the Conqueror, then you have the Monty that is pretty good for just about any type situation.  Built your ship based on your personal preference and liking, afterall...you play game for fun right? if it's fun to go secondary build then go for it, nobody could stop you from doing what you like!  lol

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,533 posts
8,693 battles

FjttTAe.png

[-BUI-]
Members
1,438 posts
4,379 battles

My feeling on it is this:  If you're playing a ship with capable long range secondaries (Massachusetts, Georgia, GKF, Bismarck, etc) and you aren't secondary spec, you're wasting the potential of the ship and should just be playing a more "standard" Battleship in the first place.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
3,714 posts

Don't go full secondaries, the main guns are too good.

However thanks to the US having their dispersion mod in slot 6 you can still go very heavy into both secondaries and fire prevention without detracting from the main guns.

[WOLF3]
Members
22,821 posts
20,761 battles
10 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

To emphasize what @DolphinPrincess said, full secondary builds are great fun, but by no means are the most efficient or effective.

On a high tier ship like Georgia with only 6 main guns, I'd be looking to enhance the main battery accuracy and/or reload over everything else.

USN BB upgrades work differently from all other ship lines.

1.  They can't even slot ASM1 in Slot 3.  So what's Georgia going to slot there?  AAGM1 or SBM1?  AFAIK, they are the only ship line that can't access a specific upgrade that all similar ship lines can equip for most of their tiers.  New York, Texas, Colorado, Arizona, North Carolina, Alabama, etc.  They cannot access ASM1 at all, nor the next upgrade unless their tier is high enough...

2.  Tier IX-X USN BBs get access to APRM2, an 11% dispersion buff but it goes in Slot 6.

The way USN BB upgrades work, Georgia can literally be both Secondary & Main Battery Spec'd.

SBM1 in Slot 3 with APRM2 in Slot 6.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[HOTH]
Members
456 posts
7,410 battles

Does the Georgia have the innate increased secondary accuracy like the mass?

If so then you don't need IFHE or manual. Could easily get FP CE and even AFT for secondary range .