You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Full Georgia secondary build ?

94 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts
8,499 battles

Is it really the best thing to do on the Georgia? I feel like it is on the Mass because you are an absolute monster when top tier. Georgia see's a lot less ships that it's secondary's can pen expect on those very few occasions when it see's tier 7. What is everyone's opinion about this. I actually like Georgia's Main guns a lot and they hit like a truck unlike the Mass. TIA

Members
464 posts
17 battles
8 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Please secondary spec. I love free kills on secondary spec BBs that have no FP and no CE, its literally free damage and exp.

unknown.png

No free kill for you in my sec specced alsace, 687 and 262k dmg record. You will have a bad day trust me xD 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,567 battles

I'm waiting to get the GA after the clan battle free respec starts.  I'm planning to go IFHE secondary build.  Many "full" secondary builds include BFT, but if you're going IFHE secondary you only have one 3pt skill and that's better put to SI. 

If the proposed IFHE changes go into effect, I might switch to CE instead of IFHE.  But I don't have the Mass, and one of the main reasons I want the GA is for secondaries.  It almost seems pointless to go without it IMO.  It will still be useful as top tier, and many players don't recognize that secondaries aren't a huge threat; they just hear their ship getting pounded over and over and panic... setting them up to pound with the main guns. 

Members
464 posts
17 battles
12 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

That's extremely low for a damage record, no surprise since you choose an inefficient build

Its builds like that in which helps me get games like these

image.thumb.png.0ca3b92c07674969b39d888b318cb7cc.png

image.thumb.png.662512f66f0adcc658098570c8bf39df.png

Those are destroyer records idiot, hardly skillful sitting in smoke spamming shells where no one can see. Try doing that in a bb!

Thats what I do

263k dmg and 687 secondary hits in a an alsace are my highest records for a second specced ship. I want to break the 1000 hits record. 

Even more amazing was 4 kills by secondaries which I wouldnt have got if it wasnt specced that way. So yeh good luck farming potatoes but good players will tear you a new hole.

Best ever bb record for me was 282k in a Musashi.

Not even 5% of the server population will ever hit such records.

So you are a mute point, low skill dd spammer.

Now go away before I have to bash you some more....

image.thumb.png.862dfae584894511bf154e01

image.thumb.png.8b575c3d0fa3a281877f1884

mush1.thumb.png.8362503a8934d4533e49194b

Edited by ___V_E_N_O_M___
  • Cool 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,239 posts
7,254 battles

Secondary spec is a terrible idea for Georgia. She has those secondaries to help offset her horrible DPM in a brawl. The point of the ship is the potential for high alpha salvos and the speed to get into positions to deliver them. By trying to brawl, you often end up giving away shots at her vulnerable sides. Maybe toss a secondary flag on her, but I wouldn't suggest wasting any captain skill points or upgrade slots on them.

Privateers, Members
8,913 posts
7,837 battles

It depends on what you want.

Do you want to get the highest possible scores? Then no.

Do you want to have fun, even if your results are not as good as they could be? Then yes.

• Cool 5

[FG]
Members
403 posts
4,338 battles

Frankly, there is no reason to play the Georgia if you are not going for a secondary build. It is just an all round meme of a ship. Might as well rack up some CQE achievements while you play her. 

In the end, she is a premium ship so you can run whatever US captain you want on her. And it never hurts to have a secondary captain lying around.  

[-K-]
Members
7,347 posts
12,044 battles

To emphasize what @DolphinPrincess said, full secondary builds are great fun, but by no means are the most efficient or effective.

On a high tier ship like Georgia with only 6 main guns, I'd be looking to enhance the main battery accuracy and/or reload over everything else.

Edited by Ace_04

[TF_HQ]
Members
89 posts
10,309 battles

I built my GA with main gun reload in mind. 

at 50% health 18 sec reload. 180 turret speed is at 43.2

speed with flag 40knots

with super 5 repairs 38 sec cooldown with flag

sec 11.3 not manual

this is a very fast build.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,827 posts
3,806 battles

I found the best Georgia build is to simply ignore secondaries save for the upgrade in slot 3 (since the US doesn't get dispersion buffs). Like Dolphin said, they re just not potent enough to be worth that 8 point minimum investment at the cost of concealment and tankiness. 

[LEGIO]
Members
3,345 posts
6,849 battles

I intend to build mine for secondaries like I do for most BBs. Secondaries generally need a buff though but the DD crowd throws a tantrum at the prospect. 

[TARK]
Members
4,263 posts
1,630 battles
7 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is it really the best thing to do on the Georgia? I feel like it is on the Mass because you are an absolute monster when top tier. Georgia see's a lot less ships that it's secondary's can pen expect on those very few occasions when it see's tier 7. What is everyone's opinion about this. I actually like Georgia's Main guns a lot and they hit like a truck unlike the Mass. TIA

Do you want to be a DPM machine? Then dont spec for secondaries...but I would argue you should be playing a cruiser, not a battleship.

If you want to be a tank...then go survivability or hybrid. FP, BoS, and whatever secondary or AA skills you want to keep planes or DDs honest.

Concealment is dumb on a tank. That's a cruiser skill...and if you are playing the battleship like a cruiser...than go play cruiser.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

Beta Testers
780 posts
10,000 battles

I recommend a full Georgia secondary build.  Its basically stupid fun.  For some reason she seems to fire faster than the Massachusetts.  It maybe an illusion but I have recieved plenty of secondary kills.  Its alot of free damage while focusing on your main turrets.  For this grind for the Benham it has made the repetition in matches somewhat bearable.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,867 posts
9,713 battles
6 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

NOT A SINGLE GOOD PLAYER SPECS FOR SECONDARIES 

I spec for secondaries...

• Cool 3

[SRBL]
Members
329 posts

Running full-spec on mine, currently running at a 63% win rate and a 2.4 destruction ratio. Best stretch I had was last week where I had back to back to back games of 5, 6 and 5 kills. They key that I've found is to know when to boost into an area and get the exposed flanks.

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
719 posts
2,705 battles
7 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I'm waiting to get the GA after the clan battle free respec starts.  I'm planning to go IFHE secondary build.  Many "full" secondary builds include BFT, but if you're going IFHE secondary you only have one 3pt skill and that's better put to SI. 

If the proposed IFHE changes go into effect, I might switch to CE instead of IFHE.  But I don't have the Mass, and one of the main reasons I want the GA is for secondaries.  It almost seems pointless to go without it IMO.  It will still be useful as top tier, and many players don't recognize that secondaries aren't a huge threat; they just hear their ship getting pounded over and over and panic... setting them up to pound with the main guns. 

Like the Mass, the Georgia doesn't need IFHE.  This is, unfortunately, a common mistake.  The CC's all recommended it, but rarely do I ever see CC's actually play brawling ships to really understand the mechanics behind all of this.  The *only* targets that are going to benefit from you having IFHE are enemy cruisers and low tier battleships, but what are cruisers against battleship main battery weaponry, and how many T7 battleships are you having a problem with at T9?  Also, cruisers just don't stay in secondary range for long, and any cruiser that is in secondary range is prone to being dev struck by your 457's.

Save the 4pts for Concealment or FP.  Trust me.  I play my Mass this way and doing massive damage with my secondaries has never been a problem.  I've even broken 100k damage from just secondaries (and their fires) in my Mass without IFHE.  If that doesn't tell you how overstated IFHE is for the Mass/Georgia/soon-to-be-Ohio, I don't know what will.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
1,593 posts
10,642 battles

Just because you are getting secondary kills, doesn't mean you needed the secondary spec for it.  Impossible to know for sure of course, but how many of those "uber secondary kills" could have been done without IFHE and Manual secondaries?  My bet is, a lot.  The amount of times the scenario comes up where your secondaries are allowed to just chew on someone that it can pen, is probably fairly slim.  On the other hand,. the amount of times fire prevention could have helped you (or a little more concealment) is going to be far more often.

As the guys above said, secondaries are a fun spec and great for ribbon gathering for sure.  I doubt they will ever make secondaries (which are automated) be competitively high DPS, because you would essentially be just the driver at that point and letting the AI do all the work.

Push the secondaries out to the max and then focus elsewhere.

• Confused 1

[LEGIO]
Members
3,345 posts
6,849 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I spec for secondaries...

Ignore the bleating of someone who says nonsense like that but would probably freak out if you suggested buffing secondaries.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
3,832 posts
9,054 battles
7 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Now go away before I have to bash you some more....

You do realize that @DolphinPrincess is one of the best players on the entire server... right?

• Confused 2

Members
464 posts
17 battles
9 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

262k is more than 100k lower than my BB record, even your Musashi game pales in comparison

image.png.bb711e642eb979ed919fa306ff900f50.png

I specifically showed you DD records to save your face since DDs on average deal less damage than BBs

And the nail in the coffin is the fact that

I give you a ladder to climb down but you insist on acting like a clown.

There is an 80k difference between your best bb score and mine, that in effect = the hull of another bb I have to kill in order match that score. Hardly an impossible feat.

As said it makes you nothing special.

My achievements as a secondary focused bb main are to be proud of. 

You are not a paradigm to me just a hothead that needs to gitgud at secondaries.

• Confused 1

Members
464 posts
17 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

You do realize that @DolphinPrincess is one of the best players on the entire server... right?

No I dont realize that, as per my dress down of him above.

He is not as good as me in utilizing secondary builds else he would not be making such stupid comments about them.

For e.g. to suggest to me that a main battery / CE / SI focused build instead of a secondary build on alsace would be the optimum strategy is plain lunacy. Since the alsace / bismarck etc are not sniper or flanker ships, they built for close to mid range combat of which a secondary build is perfectly placed to boost the ships performance in this area.

What we can agree on is the Georgia is no secondary ship, it fails dismally at the same close ranges alsace flourishes in as Georgias armor is not built for it. She is just an iowa wih massa secs which arent that good either due to no 150mm guns like bis and alsace have.

I sold my georgia after 3 games...

• Confused 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,688 posts
10 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Its the only way to play.   Her speed makes her twice as good at it as Massachusetts.

[HKC]
Members
426 posts
9 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Not true.  My clanmate DimtridaCablguy specs his Georgia for secondaries. And he is an excellent player.

And doesn't the Kurfursk you have your best game in have excellent secondaries?

• Cool 1

Members
464 posts
17 battles
13 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

You do realize secondary spec are for handicapped people who cant aim to save their live so they depend on AI to shoot for them right? How hard is this to understand?

No i don't realise that and again you highlight your lack of understanding of secondary mechanics because without a manual secondary build, the secondaries will still auto fire at the closest enemy so AI is still involved but less effectively as dispersion is 60% worse and so a non secondary is even more brain dead than a manual secindary build.

For with manual secondaries you have to multitask multiple targets, setting manual targets for secondaries while focusing MB on your primary target.

Wih manual secondaries I can focus two ships at once, kill them and thus be twice as effective for my team.

You dont know what you are talking about so shut up before I make you look even more stupid.

Talking of handicap, I cant think of anything more handicap than sitting in a cloud of smoke with a butt plug up my rear nozzle while spamming HE every where.

Nothing more mindless than sit and shoot and thats what you do in a dd. Xoxoxo

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
3,832 posts
9,054 battles
18 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

No I dont realize that, as per my dress down of him above.

He is not as good as me in utilizing secondary builds else he would not be making such stupid comments about them.

For e.g. to suggest to me that a main battery / CE / SI focused build instead of a secondary build on alsace would be the optimum strategy is plain lunacy. Since the alsace / bismarck etc are not sniper or flanker ships, they built for close to mid range combat of which a secondary build is perfectly placed to boost the ships performance in this area.

What we can agree on is the Georgia is no secondary ship, it fails dismally at the same close ranges alsace flourishes in as Georgias armor is not built for it. She is just an iowa wih massa secs which arent that good either due to no 150mm guns like bis and alsace have.

I sold my georgia after 3 games...

You are just wrong. Secondary builds can be fun, but in almost no cases are they superior builds to survival builds.

I run secondary meme builds on quite a few battleships. Because they are fun. Not because they are good. But I also nearly never play them solo, because in a solo random game, I nearly never would want to be in a secondary BB over a survival build. Why? Because they aren't as good. They lack the game impact required to more easily carry a game.

And as an example, you call the Alsace not a flanker ship. It's one of the best flanker ships in the game, even post nerf.