Sign in to follow this  
USS_Taylor_Swift

Players like this should be banned

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles

Was just in a match with this account as our CV. He didn't respond to anything and just rushed straight into the entire red fleet in the cap.

image.thumb.png.35ec1583555c2a3c950c75c9d8d5a89d.png

As you can see from the high battle counts and the for all intents and purposes non-existent average damage, this is clearly a botted account or a troll. It completely ruins a match to get stuck with one of these on your team, especially if it's a CV.

What was even more amazing about that match was 3 other players managed to score lower than him and his XP from doing nothing but shooting down planes attacking him.

image.thumb.png.f37cc72e12e348952b9ecc54d6d7809c.png

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift
  • Funny 1

Members
231 posts
79 battles
13 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Was just in a match with this account as our CV. He didn't respond to anything and just rushed straight into the entire red fleet in the cap.

As you can see from the high battle counts and the for all intents and purposes non-existent average damage, this is clearly a botted account or a troll. It completely ruins a match to get stuck with one of these on your team, especially if it's a CV.

What was even more amazing about that match was 3 other players managed to score lower than him and his XP from doing nothing but shooting down planes attacking him.

Dual boxing account used to sync drop their main account and prop up their main account cv performance.  Of course with the rework and no fear of air to air combat to deal with, you can still benefit from the enemy team having a dud cv.

My guess that's what's happening anyway. But they normally hide their stats to conceal the evidence.

• Boring 1

Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

His name wasn't Lexington_Museum01, was it?

nope, even the school children with the roller ball at the museum could do more damage than that

Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles
2 minutes ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

Dual boxing account used to sync drop their main account and prop up their main account cv performance.  Of course with the rework and no fear of air to air combat to deal with, you can still benefit from the enemy team having a dud cv.

My guess that's what's happening anyway. But they normally hide their stats to conceal the evidence.

I guess that's possible, but this account has other non-CVs on it and like 14 premiums. Wouldn't make sense if this was his dud account. Interestingly, then enemy CV named "heehop" doesn't show up on wows-numbers

[RLGN]
Members
12,043 posts
21,595 battles

Good God.

You could get that kind of pathetic average damage just by flinging spitballs at the enemy...

Members
3,200 posts
4,322 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

The best defense against sync dropping with a not account oddly enough is a healthy CV population.

So instead of ranting about how this can be allowed. Ask why some players think this is better than having functional CVs.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

Members
1,059 posts
6,046 battles

Am i the only one blown away by the fact that his kdr over the lifetime of the account is not zero? Who was the poor schlumpf who got secondaried or ran over?

Members
128 posts
1,109 battles
2 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Am i the only one blown away by the fact that his kdr over the lifetime of the account is not zero? Who was the poor schlumpf who got secondaried or ran over?

Knowing my luck, it was probably me.

• Funny 2

[WHARF]
Members
182 posts
14,754 battles
5 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Here how it works....when you OWN the game...you decide who plays....until then...take your ball and go home

• Boring 1
  • Angry 2

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles

That almost smells like bot behaviour, but the composition of his fleet seems to argue against it.

Whatever the case, he's hatched out of the same litter that produced two star performers I ran across in co-op last night. One of them parked his Farragut behind an island right at the start and walked away, leaving us a ship down for the match and probably contributing to getting my KK chased all over the map and finally sunk. The other parked his Omaha in one of the island complexes on Strait and did likewise, and the only reason the bots didn't cap us out because of it was because our Wyoming player made a gallant stand at spawn that drew them out of the circle, decapping them enough times that our lemming train was able to take THEIR base.

My eight year old daughter could do better than that. Sure, she'd probably miss all the time and get all her planes hacked down, but at least she'd get XP for being in the battle, spotting stuff and generally trying to contribute.

[H_]
Members
2,907 posts
13,368 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That almost smells like bot behaviour, but the composition of his fleet seems to argue against it.

Whatever the case, he's hatched out of the same litter that produced two star performers I ran across in co-op last night. One of them parked his Farragut behind an island right at the start and walked away, leaving us a ship down for the match and probably contributing to getting my KK chased all over the map and finally sunk. The other parked his Omaha in one of the island complexes on Strait and did likewise, and the only reason the bots didn't cap us out because of it was because our Wyoming player made a gallant stand at spawn that drew them out of the circle, decapping them enough times that our lemming train was able to take THEIR base.

My eight year old daughter could do better than that. Sure, she'd probably miss all the time and get all her planes hacked down, but at least she'd get XP for being in the battle, spotting stuff and generally trying to contribute.

As I reported in another thread a few days ago, there were a group of very young kids either playing their parents accounts of started accounts themselves and were doing the same thing:  running in a straight line, responding to no one and just getting obliterated with very little damage.  In both Savage Battle and Randoms.........  This is the cost of a F2P.  And, schools out.  And, there are adults that thrive on being anti-social because they think that is "fun".

is there a way?  No.  You'd have to take a pretty long time to "determine whom" they are.......  Some players are having fun not being very good !  Re-read that: some players are having fun NOT being very good..... 

It's just part of the silliness we talk about everyday on this forum when the word "Skill" comes up.  Or, "Stats" are used to shame....  All of those matches where you tryu your heart out and yet, your team has 50% of the skill of the other team or a 1/3 of your team is AFK or has no intentions of even trying....  Next time anyone starts the "Well, your stats......." think about this thread.

[-K-]
Members
7,323 posts
12,021 battles

nope, even the school children with the roller ball at the museum could do more damage than that

Yet, somehow the CV still didn't rank in last place on your team.  Go figure.

[QQ7]
Members
1,051 posts
4,641 battles
6 hours ago, A_Burning_Sensation said:

There is no air to air combat in this iteration of CVs.  Queue dropping is basically pointless. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
36 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

There is no air to air combat in this iteration of CVs.  Queue dropping is basically pointless. 

A dud CV on the other team is still a pretty decent advantage....

[H-WS]
Members
354 posts
5,696 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

It's just part of the silliness we talk about everyday on this forum when the word "Skill" comes up.  Or, "Stats" are used to shame....  All of those matches where you tryu your heart out and yet, your team has 50% of the skill of the other team or a 1/3 of your team is AFK or has no intentions of even trying....  Next time anyone starts the "Well, your stats......." think about this thread.

Usually, the stat argument only comes up when someone is telling other people how to play. You wouldn’t take studying advice from a student failing the class.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
6 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Still, I don't think this was the case. 

This has been a well known problem with the game for years. It all stems from the fact that WG started allowing people to open multiple accounts, in a game where multiple accounts really only have one use....exploiting the game.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles
7 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

What do you mean?

People usually bot in order to grind lines, but if he's got a heap of premiums he doesn't need that so much.

That being said, people stupid enough to use scripted bots are stupid enough to do some really illogical things. And to paraphrase from one of my favourite SF sagas, "It is impossible to predict the workings of an insane mind for even a small distance into the future."

Members
1,063 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

People usually bot in order to grind lines, but if he's got a heap of premiums he doesn't need that so much.

That being said, people stupid enough to use scripted bots are stupid enough to do some really illogical things. And to paraphrase from one of my favourite SF sagas, "It is impossible to predict the workings of an insane mind for even a small distance into the future."

Ah ok, I thought you were referring to his team- confused me.

[NGAGE]
Members
182 posts
12,596 battles

I don't think people understand just how hard it is to get a 27% win rate in a boat with over 100 games played.  That's worse than afk numbers.  And it shows just how powerful CVS can be.think about it.  Getting this potato on your team means a 75% chance that you loose.  The sad thing is; he is not a bot.  Bots play better than him.  

Sign in to follow this