You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wows_Nightly_News

Italian tier X cruiser

131 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
8,497 battles

I know it will be unveiled tomorrow, but what do you think it will be like? Something like the normal twelve gun heavy cruiser, or will they go with something odd like a tech tree super cruiser?

Edit: Well I wasn't expecting anything like this.

image.png.dd66cdd784189acd1f2c7b79d42122cc.png

Edited by Wows_Nightly_News

[KNMSU]
Members
6,820 posts
7,440 battles
2 minutes ago, Wows_Nightly_News said:

I know it will be unveiled tomorrow, but what do you think it will be like? Something like the normal twelve gun heavy cruiser, or will they go with something odd like a tech tree super cruiser?

I have money in with bookies from Saint Louie to Alabamy that she'll have a hull, guns, portholes, and at least one funnel. They called me bonkers, but I'm in it to win it!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SYN]
Members
8,126 posts
12,762 battles

Tech-tree super cruiser is my supposition.

Members
1,691 posts
8,497 battles
13 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I have money in with bookies from Saint Louie to Alabamy that she'll have a hull, guns, portholes, and at least one funnel. They called me bonkers, but I'm in it to win it!

That is one safe bet.

[HOTH]
Members
456 posts
7,358 battles

The Italians and Russians shared alot of design similarities(in part due to many spaghetti ships making their way to the soviets after the war)

im expecting an italian super cruiser

Members
770 posts
1,706 battles

2 hours ago, KommandantPerry said:

The Italians and Russians shared alot of design similarities(in part due to many spaghetti ships making their way to the soviets after the war)

im expecting an italian super cruiser

Like the Ansaldo project. I found this image on the subject and here is what it looks like I think this will be close to what it is.

image.thumb.png.386f2352d14fab68ecfceddf7452d3af.png

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_

[SPICY]
Beta Testers
18,960 posts
4,698 battles

Not Ansaldo. That will almost certainly be T10 Steel or Coal. Some crazy, fake design with 203's is more likely. 

If you're reserved on that (the thought of bull-s designs), just realize that Paolo Emilio already exists.

Speaking of Paolo Emilio, I wonder what the tier 10 DD is now that she's a premium? This based off the camo and premium status in her name from the pictures.

Edited by StrixKitty

[SPICY]
Beta Testers
18,960 posts
4,698 battles
1 hour ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Probably something alone the lines of an upscaled Zara with 3x4 20.3cm rifles.

That's most likely it. 

[UFFA]
Members
1,897 posts
73 battles

99% sure it will be some form of this or mid 30s ~20k super cruiser project.

ansaldo_big_gun_cruiser_design_for_russi

https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/Ansaldo-Big-Gun-Cruiser-Design-for-Russia-725546481

1% - Possibility of a Super Washington. Which I am guessing will now be tier VIII/IX instead?

crucero-ansaldo-9203.jpg

https://stefsap.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/the-1940s-super-washington-ansaldo-cruisers-for-spain-1200-plans-iii/

[KNMSU]
Members
6,820 posts
7,440 battles
23 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

99% sure it will be some form of this or mid 30s ~20k super cruiser project.

ansaldo_big_gun_cruiser_design_for_russi

https://www.deviantart.com/tzoli/art/Ansaldo-Big-Gun-Cruiser-Design-for-Russia-725546481

1% - Possibility of a Super Washington. Which I am guessing will now be tier VIII/IX instead?

crucero-ansaldo-9203.jpg

https://stefsap.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/the-1940s-super-washington-ansaldo-cruisers-for-spain-1200-plans-iii/

Boy, that first one looks like an absolutely massive target. :[

[KAPPA]
Members
1,205 posts
6,943 battles

Figures they'd try and one up the previous T10s. I'm getting a bit nervous for my Zao, considering how low her fire rate is and stuff like HIV beating her reload with bigger guns and similar per shell damage. That never sat right with me, even if Zao is meant to fight from range.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,624 posts
6,979 battles

Not going to lie, the Juventus part of me isn't happy that they named the Tier 10 the Milano while the Torino is at Tier 9.  

• Funny 2

Members
1,691 posts
8,497 battles
10 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I frankly think this thing looks like a joke. I refuse to believe the Italians would have ever considered such a wretched turret arrangement.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,624 posts
6,979 battles

It's times like this when I can enjoy the fact I found enlightenment about WoWS' true nature of being a non historically accurate arcade game before I started playing, and can now enjoy the fact we're getting a Tier 10 cruiser with fifteen 203mm guns without caring about its historical practicality.

Yah, it would be nice to get the Ansaldo project sometime down the road, I really hope we do, but I'm also really hyped for the Milano.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
6,937 posts
4,987 battles
Just now, yashma said:

It's times like this when I can enjoy the fact I found enlightenment about WoWS' true nature of being a non historically accurate arcade game before I started playing, and can now enjoy the fact we're getting a Tier 10 cruiser with fifteen 203mm guns without caring about its historical practicality.

Yah, it would be nice to get the Ansaldo project sometime down the road, I really hope we do, but I'm also really hyped for the Milano.

:Smile_honoring:

Except for the name :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1