Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
general_D_H_Chun

what are the odds of an alternate tier ten German BB

4 comments in this topic

Members
222 posts
5,519 battles

Grosser Kurfurst is one of three ships, originally, Kremlin, Conqueror, and herself, with the ability to swap out their guns for those of a different calliber.

Now that Thunderer is announced, and Slava is in the works, it's a matter of speculation whether the German will get her own alternate tier ten sister with a modified playstyle.

It's exciting because Kurfurst is a beautiful ship, and if they follow the Slava framework (please not exactly we don't need another one) and provide an alternate tier ten German BB with a really reliable main battery, I would be hype for days

However, the gun calliber change is relatively minor compared to Conqueror and Kremlin, and Kurfurst herself hasn't even been hinted at receiving an alternate tier ten.

I personally would be excited beyond words at the concept. What do you all think? Would it be neat?

Edited by general_D_H_Chun
  • Boring 1

[KNMSU]
Members
6,801 posts
7,425 battles

Well, considering that Slava doesn't seem to have much traction... I would say pretty low.

They also seem to pay very little attention to the Germans in general. For example, Germany has been in the game for years now, and still doesn't have two flags or alternate camo options.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
5,620 posts
5,340 battles
57 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

They also seem to pay very little attention to the Germans in general. For example, Germany has been in the game for years now, and still doesn't have two flags or alternate camo options.

Don't forget about the legendary commanders. Germany still has none as well.

Still... there's Siegfried, lol. At least, that's something... I think... maybe.:Smile_hiding:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,591 posts
10,798 battles

The problem is - what do they even do? As is, the H class is effectively spent. Top tier already has an option between 406 mm and 420 mm, and there was plenty of salt back in the day on the fact that being one of the later H designs not having the 18.9 and 20 inch guns Wargaming vetoed after the trouble they had with Yamato. As is there is already some frustration in similar weapons not having the same range and all across ships because of -insert reasons used- which has resulted in ships with differences, like Bismarck and Tirpitz, having that changed. So in all likelyhood it still has a secondary battery on par with the current tier x, unless they simply reduce number of secondaries. AA is whatever that whole system is chaos at the moment. Armour and all depends on what were doing ship wise but the main thing will be the main battery. The 406 and 420 mm guns are already options on the existing ship. Wargaming won't go any bigger, so the only option is either lock it to one of those, or go for an even smaller gun. If it uses the 420 or 406, whats the point? The existing ship has those. You go smaller well, it's a 14 inch gun at tier 10 on a BB. Meaning it'll likely sling HE and possibly have high accuracy as compensation.

All together -

• They have to deal with the backlash of a ship almost guaranteed to be 100% created by them - especially with very noticeable omissions from the game
  • They could dig up some of the 'we want H-44 done right' crowd
  • If they give nerfed secondary range vs GK it'll likely be an issue, best you can do is accuracy maybe but then how far?
  • 14 inch guns may mean HE spam vs BB's, which will cause more issues as is because HE/IFHE/Fires still needs balancing work so theres some of the BB community in uproar
  • High accuracy can mean citadel city vs cruisers, who would be up in arms, and possibly even DD's if it's accurately blasting them with several HE rounds 15 km out.
  • If it's locked to 406 mm guns or 420 mm guns, the lack of choice could make it 'inferior GK" to some or "GK 2.0" to others, or if it has enhanced main battery accuracy of the GK as secondary builds in the fire/IFHE meta are at best impractical in most cases "Superior GK", at which point the existent of GK becomes a question of "why is it here and not just replaced by this"

Look, I'm the guy that would say 'screw it, make a german BB sub branch' - I don't care if that means using battlecruisers or what if tweaks to some existing ships like "what if they made a successor as is of Scharnhorst with smaller triple guns than most" though maybe bigger than Scharn. Scharn with a design like the top tier French BB but 6 380 mm guns in 2 turrets with a ton of clearance so no need to be flat out broadside. Bismarck laid out like an NC. Whatever. That being said, seeing some of the rough paper or out right fantasy ships of late - Even I have to go 'Yeah, wheres my second USN BB line that has actual ships that existed in it?"

If it were going to happen, I'd wager not soon, and even then, I'd say it shouldn't be soon if they announced it tomorrow, there should be more of a focus on things that existed. But what tould you even do with the ship to make it worthwhile different to GK, without outright replacing GK, or ticking off the community or at leasy not a sizeable portion of it.

Sign in to follow this