You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Elisabeth

Why is Friesland flying a Polish naval ensign?

26 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
5,805 posts
6,092 battles

Just curious:

bhbOwaw.jpg

Is that a stand-in for the pan-European flag? And, if so, why does every photo I have of Viribus Unitus have it flying the fake-world Kriegsmarine colors?

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Confused 1

Modder
1,188 posts
5 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Is that a stand-in for the pan-European flag? And, if so, why does every photo I have of Viribus Unitus have it flying the fake-world Kriegsmarine colors?

No, it's the other way around. Currently Friesland is under the Polish nation with Błyskawica and therefore flies the Polish ensign. Viribus Unitis is flying the WG Kriegsmarine ensign because when she was undergoing playtesting, she was added to the German nation.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,910 posts
21,822 battles

Because the Blys is the only Pan European ship by now. The flag will change after this ship is released.

• Cool 3

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,521 posts
17,611 battles

The Pan European Tree doesnt technically exist yet so they threw the ships in under nations already in the game. On the stream today they showed all these ships under the pan European flag which I believe means its officially coming soon.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
5,805 posts
6,092 battles
7 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

The Pan European Tree doesnt technically exist yet so they threw the ships in under nations already in the game. On the stream today they showed all these ships under the pan European flag which I believe means its officially coming soon.

Here's hoping Viribus gets to fly this as an option. Für den Kaiser!

ah~1786.gif

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
11,738 posts
7,526 battles
43 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

And, if so, why does every photo I have of Viribus Unitus have it flying the fake-world Kriegsmarine colors?

Because Germany and Austria-Hungary were allies in the First World War, and it makes a certain sense for that reason to assign her there until Pan-Europe goes live.

Poland (which IIRC didn't exist as a distinct nation in WW1) and Holland share the dubious distinction of being victims of Germany in the SECOND World War, which is why I think Friesland is lumped under the Polish flag along with Blys.

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
434 posts
4,684 battles

I do believe that poland is being changed to pan-europe when the friesland goes live. The blys and poland in wows predate the concept of pan-national tech trees, which is why poland was a distinct entity when australia or china were not. 

[KAPPA]
Members
757 posts
5,323 battles

Obviously it's because Poland finally got tired of being conquered by the rest of Europe and went on it's own conquering rampage for once. :Smile_trollface:

(Nah, it's definitely just a placeholder for what will be the PE flag and tree. Besides, I'm sure it would tick off our resident Dutch forum cat and a bunch of his countrymen to see it sail under some of the other flags they could have used.)

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[KNMSU]
Members
5,805 posts
6,092 battles
34 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Obviously it's because Poland finally got tired of being conquered by the rest of Europe and went on it's own conquering rampage for once. :Smile_trollface:

(Nah, it's definitely just a placeholder for what will be the PE flag and tree. Besides, I'm sure it would tick off our resident Dutch forum cat and a bunch of his countrymen to see it sail under some of the other flags they could have used.)

Nah, I'm sure Lert's down with his new eastern overlords.

QQ1Yf9B.png

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Members
1,596 posts
6,100 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Just curious:

bhbOwaw.jpg

False Flag operation, shhhhhhh.....

[ARGSY]
Members
11,738 posts
7,526 battles
14 hours ago, PG908 said:

which is why poland was a distinct entity when australia or china were not. 

Even if Australia had gone in, the Commonwealth would eventually have had to replace and absorb it in order for Haida to have a home.

Pan-national tech trees also allow free transfer between premiums like Anshan, Lo Yang and Irian and all the other ships in the PA line, and they allow it to be a line of tech-tree ships in the first place; otherwise they'd just be a handful of premiums as Commonwealth, Pan-Europe and Pan-America are now.

Members
23,165 posts
5,841 battles
13 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

QQ1Yf9B.png

The question is, will he spend the dubs to change his handle to Lertski?....:Smile_trollface:

[WGA]
Administrator
1,612 posts
757 battles

Hey Captains,

This is a great question and when the Friesland was announced it was accompanied with this line: Please note: Friesland will be tested in the Polish nation and then moved to the Pan-European nation.

Hopefully this answers your question on why the Friesland is currently flying a Polish flag.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,933 posts
9,088 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey Captains,

This is a great question and when the Friesland was announced it was accompanied with this line: Please note: Friesland will be tested in the Polish nation and then moved to the Pan-European nation.

Hopefully this answers your question on why the Friesland is currently flying a Polish flag.

if it has the ability to change its flag, then im asking for a friend here, can this be her flag?

51SYXpyNC2L._SX425_.jpg    < the Netherland's Naval Ensign

[N-W-T]
Members
1,523 posts
6,325 battles

They should put a ROC flag on a pan-asian premium ship just to watch the SEA and China servers have a conniption. 

• Cool 1

[NSWC]
Members
192 posts
9,242 battles
21 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Here's hoping Viribus gets to fly this as an option. Für den Kaiser!

ah~1786.gif

Pan-Asia has national flags. Makes sense for Pan-Europe. It would be nice to see the dual monarchy in the game as neither the modern Austrian or Hungarian flag would work.

By the way, there was supposed to be a naval ensign after 1915 with both the Austrian and Hungarian crests but I have not been able to find a picture.

Edited by Caledanicus
Ok, Austria sort of works but it is not same.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,805 posts
6,092 battles
13 minutes ago, Caledanicus said:

Pan-Asia has national flags. Makes sense for Pan-Europe. It would be nice to see the dual monarchy in the game as neither the modern Austrian or Hungarian flag would work.

By the way, there was supposed to be a naval ensign after 1915 with both the Austrian and Hungarian crests but I have not been able to find a picture.

I personally prefer the more traditional tricolor, but that's just me.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,952 posts
14,557 battles
On 7/19/2019 at 4:51 AM, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

QQ1Yf9B.png

DKUR9Tk.png

I won't be fully satisfied with Friesland until she flies the Dutch naval jack, a flag WG is fully aware of exists:

PJlb3Cw.jpg

[KNMSU]
Members
5,805 posts
6,092 battles
30 minutes ago, Lert said:

DKUR9Tk.png

I won't be fully satisfied with Friesland until she flies the Dutch naval jack, a flag WG is fully aware of exists:

PJlb3Cw.jpg

Lol. I fully support your crusade, as I want nothing more than to see additional (proper) flags in the game (and, particularly, the HSF jack flying over the early German ships).

[_-_]
Members
2,100 posts
19 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

51SYXpyNC2L._SX425_.jpg   

If you stare at it long enough, there's a cat in the center.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,805 posts
6,092 battles
4 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

If you stare at it long enough, there's a cat in the center.

No, no. It's a portal to the cat dimension.

[_-_]
Members
2,100 posts
Just now, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

No, no. It's a portal to the cat dimension.

Feline recursion is a thing? :Smile_teethhappy:

giphy.gif

[HINON]
Supertester
3,930 posts
6,085 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

@Nuk_@Jnobsire

An excellent addition to the Polish Navy. :faustyay:

:33333

• Confused 1