You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Are Ribbons in a standard Military order?

15 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
917 posts

I ask because it is confusing sometimes when I think I had a great game to see not much in the rewards part.  Not really even that but what is worth what?  Are these in the L to R order of import as the order in Actual Mil Spec?

If so the Hits are worth more than Cits and Cits less than incaps etc.   Spotted ( which is very dangerous ) least valued?

Is there a chart?  Not that I would focus on any certain thing because of Value, I just like to understand what I am doing.

Thank you for any input.

Col Out

exaple.png

Edited by Col_Nasty
forgot photo
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
22,187 posts
16,083 battles
2 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

You're over thinking this ...

^

• Cool 2

Members
5,033 posts
8,574 battles

Spend some time in the Wiki about economics and what increases XP and credits.  There are even videos on the economy.  Do realize that with less than 400 games - you will not see great rewards till you get to higher tiers and learn more about the game.

• Confused 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
724 posts
5,504 battles

Lol idea that these ribbons exist on “an actual milspec” chart

[GOB]
Members
917 posts
17 minutes ago, missile742 said:

You are going to be very embarrassed in a minute.

I'm thinking you never served and have no idea what I am referring to.  Just had to come mock a post.   FYI I was just told that YES they are in order of achievement and YES that is EXACTLY how WE wear them in real life.  Still LOL ING???

A Game that tries to follow Military customs and ranks and History and you are too full of yourself to think they may just arrange the ribbons in order like the actual Armed forces  OF THE ENTIRE WORLD does??

See what happens when you mock people for a hobby?

Col Out

• Funny 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[GOB]
Members
917 posts
26 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Spend some time in the Wiki about economics and what increases XP and credits.  There are even videos on the economy.  Do realize that with less than 400 games - you will not see great rewards till you get to higher tiers and learn more about the game.

Thanks for the info I will look at the charts.  Fyi I have only 300 or so Posts. I have over 3400 Battles. 

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
10,015 posts

I served for six years and never bothered to learn what went where on the uniform. After AIT, I wore Class As exactly twice -- once at a change of command ceremony and the other time at a wedding. I just copied the next guy's uniform. As a medic, I had more important things to with my mind than learning useless pomp and circumstance.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,816 posts
13,870 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

You're over thinking this ...

^ ²

Members
5,033 posts
8,574 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

Thanks for the info I will look at the charts.  Fyi I have only 300 or so Posts. I have over 3400 Battles. 

Ugh - long day at work.  Is your account Premium?  In the screen shot - the rewards are pretty decent - not sure what you expect to be higher or why you think it 'should' or 'might' be higher.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,311 posts
17,890 battles

Wow …..…..just …. Wow!

[WOLFG]
Members
24,919 posts
6,177 battles
16 hours ago, missile742 said:

Not those ones per se, but actual analogues to them probably do have an order IRL.

Beta Testers
780 posts
10,000 battles

Prior service here as well,

Really and truly this is a game with fake ribbons.  If I understand you correctly, trying to equate these game ribbons to anything remotely real is a waste of time.  While in the US Military ribbons do have an order, this is a world wide game meaning lots of foreign military services have their own schemes.  I remember plenty of Reforger Exercises squinting trying to figure out if the individual was a officer or NCO.  Some had so many ribbons we used to joke that it was continued on their next uniform. So suffice to say, as several had pointed out, you are spending too many brain cycles on this.

[WOLFG]
Members
24,919 posts
6,177 battles
15 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

FYI I was just told that YES they are in order of achievement and YES that is EXACTLY how WE wear them in real life.

That's what I was thinking. The only difference is, for RL campaign ribbons, everybody who has them will have them in the same order, whereas here, the only set thing is that hit ribbons will come first.