Stauffenberg44

WR can go blow (honey badger don't care!)

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,165 posts
9,397 battles

Yes, after years at this, going in for the HP honey amidst swarms of high-WR bees: "honey badger don't care!"

Really I'm a 50-51%er and either play really well or so-so, or... ok sometimes bad, real bad, but seriously not often. You can check my WR but do notice I inflict a lot of damage on BBs, serious damage, in the unicum range it seems. I push in my Nagato and other brawlers, and yes I am one of those who rant at "endzone floater BBs" lobbing misses half the battle floating around waaaaay back until the real fighters turn the tide and they feel safe to advance towards a cap finally., and I get chat-banned once a month or so: mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

But I play all my ships, even ships I suck at because I love the variety and I love my little fleet; and as for WR--don't care anymore. I play to have fun, win or lose and I am just really into the ships. Even with the teething problems WoWs is having plotting their course just now (less ships please, more new battles, interface improvements, reducing CV tweak angst etc etc).

Having a stiff drink helps a lot with this attitude--you either make a boner move and get your ship shot out from under you, or you're brilliant and actually carry the team. At least that's what I recall. With the former I just laugh, c'est la vie non? And as for the latter... that calls for another shot of vodka--"Prosit" on a German ship, "Nostrovia" on one of my Russian ships; "Cheers" on the Hood of course, "Cin cin!" in French or Italian, and "Kanpai" on one of my IJN beauties.

This BB (mostly) honey badger don't care about WR anymore.

[But don't get me wrong, I respect those with high WRs I do, your twitchy fingers are to be marveled at. Wait, that sounded odd. nm]

And as an example of laughing off defeat I offer the Dunkerque sinking in 3 Acts:

Spoiler

9337370_DunkergueSinking1.jpg.ada5b12936ecb6295ddd0ddcd8cddf93.jpg

""Attention! Abandonne le bateau, camarades!"

2040021196_DunkergueSinking2.jpg.43b9801e4b5c1b9c93cb96270e5f7358.jpg

"Laisse s'il te plaît du fromage et du vin, il n'y a pas de temps!"

265999862_DunkergueSinking3.jpg.1ce928df9a6af7c9b5f4d756d678cdac.jpg

"Nagez pour votre vie! Vive la France!" 

[n.b., no  slur on French courage is intended with this. Just think on Verdun. For myself my French spouse is enough.]

Edited by Stauffenberg44
  • Cool 7

[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
11,892 battles

:Smile_teethhappy:       Sie La Gar  ! ( since I am truly terrible at other languages I probably got it wrong tho . lol ) 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
22,146 posts
16,004 battles
5 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Je bent een fijne kerel

Ik doe m'n best :Smile_honoring:

Members
4,165 posts
9,397 battles
2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

:Smile_teethhappy:       Sie La Gar  ! ( since I am truly terrible at other languages I probably got it wrong tho . lol ) 

OK friend a wild guess... you meant c'est la guerre? "That's war"?

+1 for that anyhow. lol

[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
11,892 battles
34 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

OK friend a wild guess... you meant c'est la guerre? "That's war"?

+1 for that anyhow. lol

Yep that's it !   I told you I was TRULY terrible !

• Funny 1

Members
4,165 posts
9,397 battles
7 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Yep that's it !   I told you I was TRULY terrible !

Yeah but yer honest, +1 encore in my books.