Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Connection issues, Game pausing when a ship explodes

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
3,324 posts
10,215 battles

The last few days I've been getting a momentary pause when a ship explodes or an in game pop up occurs. Then my ship jumps ahead to where it would have been had not the pause occurred. The speed test, from different online sites, show I'm running a tad above the advertised 150Mbps download & 15Mbps upload with a 9 ping rate. I still need to reset the modem and restart everything on my side of the modem, router, switch, etc. The grand kids are streaming movies & playing quietly, I do not want to interrupt that. BTW, I get the same jump when my computer is the only one up & running.

My questions are

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Is there anything else I can check on my end before I summit a report to WG?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

Sounds like graphics lag, but just because you have a good ping to a hub, does not mean you couldn't have a router issue between you and the server.

I assume you have a strong system and the latest drivers, might want to traceroute to the server, just to see.

[TDRB]
Members
3,324 posts
10,215 battles

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 with a 1060 factory overclocked gpu. I used the Nvidia app to automatic "optimize" my graphics. I will check for a driver update.

[SIDE]
Members
2,622 posts

It’s called EMP. It happens when a nuclear weapon, in this case large caliber or Russian AP, detonates and your ship explodes. Interrupts unshielded electronics for miles. It’s just another example of wargaming cranking the realism in this game to 11.

Edited by thebigblue

[WOLF5]
Members
2,911 posts
3,219 battles

I get it too. For the first couple minutes I get a stutter every time someone a popup occurs (cap notice, weather warning), an enemy ship is spotted, or a ships sinks. Then usually things work themselves out. I don't think it's a connection issue, I think it's a graphics thing. The ship render is still a bit wonky, so my guess is it's some inefficient graphics coding that maybe takes a bit to get worked out. It doesn't bother me that much, so I don't mind and don't give it much thought.

[TDRB]
Members
3,324 posts
10,215 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

I get it too. For the first couple minutes I get a stutter every time someone a popup occurs (cap notice, weather warning), an enemy ship is spotted, or a ships sinks. Then usually things work themselves out. I don't think it's a connection issue, I think it's a graphics thing. The ship render is still a bit wonky, so my guess is it's some inefficient graphics coding that maybe takes a bit to get worked out. It doesn't bother me that much, so I don't mind and don't give it much thought.

I'm thinking it is a graphics thing on WG part too. I do not have this issue elsewhere. But I will check out my side to be sure.

Sign in to follow this