You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

Italians are coming!

163 comments in this topic

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,717 battles

Its official. The spicy meat ball, pizza delivering Italian Cruisers are coming. 

SAP rounds. High speed creeping smoke. 

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
6,876 posts
7,519 battles

Lol. Zara is going to be tier 7? WHY?! She was in every way the equivalent of Admiral Hipper.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,816 posts
13,870 battles

If they dont come with a pizza i not going want it.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,330 posts
11,679 battles

MMMMMMM pasta boats, have to check that out when I get home.

[U571]
Members
2,042 posts
13,988 battles

As long as there is a Vat of Vino on board let's DO IT!!!!!!  VITTORIA!!!!!

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
19 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

High speed creeping smoke. 

WHAT?

A whole line of them?

I was just posting yesterday about the usefulness vs. not of the Italian premiums as trainers when/if we got a tech-tree line, but if the tech-tree ships are smoke cruisers like the RN ones then the existing premiums are going to be a poor match to their playstyle, and anyone who buys them is going to have to bear that in mind (I fear too many will not).

I almost commented on making sure the line didn't have a gimmick that was too different from the premiums, BUT THERE WE GO.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,368 posts
12,060 battles

Do we need more smoke firing ships in this game?

Is this really the best gimmick that could be thought of for the wonderful Regia Marina?

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Is this really the best gimmick that could be thought of for the wonderful Regia Marina?

A whole line of Perths, but more so. Methinks I already have the ideal ship to practise with, even if the shells are going to be somewhat different. There's sure to be some sort of catch, a differentiator from RN and Commonwealth smoke, and it will be interesting to see what that is.

[-K-]
Members
7,368 posts
12,060 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A whole line of Perths, but more so. Methinks I already have the ideal ship to practise with, even if the shells are going to be somewhat different. There's sure to be some sort of catch, a differentiator from RN and Commonwealth smoke, and it will be interesting to see what that is.

Well, I haven't watched the video, but @Skuggsja mentioned in the post "high speed smoke"......whatever that is supposed to entail.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,766 posts
5,814 battles

It appears that in exchange for the high speed smoke and SAP shells, they have no radar, no hydro, and no DFAA.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,596 posts
23,639 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Well, I haven't watched the video, but @Skuggsja mentioned in the post "high speed smoke"......whatever that is supposed to entail.

Like Perth or Haida... but on max speed. And only for a short time. 

[KNMSU]
Members
6,876 posts
7,519 battles
4 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

It appears that in exchange for the high speed smoke and SAP shells, they have no radar, no hydro, and no DFAA.

I'd rather have the utility, personally. Don't need more damned smoke boats.

Alpha Tester
4,003 posts
5,281 battles

I can kind of understand why they want Zara at VII. At the same time I think they're wrong and am happily going to use her to predate all the innocent tier V/VI cruisers that will have no way of dealing with a well-armored cruiser.

[5BS]
Members
8,556 posts
35 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Lol. Zara is going to be tier 7? WHY?! She was in every way the equivalent of Admiral Hipper.

Ehhh no. T7 makes perfect sense. The Zara class was far closer in overall combat capabilities to the Algerie and is itself a Treaty Cruiser (whereas most of the T8's are post Treaty Cruisers) in most regards other than a slight overweight due to armour thickness. But if minor treaty violations preclude T7, then the Myoko should likewise be a T8.

4 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

I can kind of understand why they want Zara at VII. At the same time I think they're wrong and am happily going to use her to predate all the innocent tier V/VI cruisers that will have no way of dealing with a well-armored cruiser.

People dealt with the Cleveland at T6 and the Algiere at T7 fine. Remember, 150mm of armour works as much against you as for you (fewer overpens).

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
725 posts
15,446 battles
33 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

They may use her sister Pola at tier 8

[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,204 posts
20,717 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

So heres what I can tell you. 

The smoke will be a creeping smoke like Perth. However the said it is really short duration, I think 40 seconds was mentioned. It also works at full speed. I believe its "break contact smoke"

They wont have access to Hydro or DFAA. 

They wont have HE but have SAP and AP rounds. SAP can start fires and pens light armor better.

They will have slow reload but high alpha damage.

The only similarity they have with the Italian premiums are the torpedoes which will be long ranged, slow, high concealment, but lower alpha.

• Cool 3

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Members
232 posts
3,896 battles
38 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

well, that's perfect news

at least she wont get r*ped by yamatos and conkek

and she can also take part in omaha deletion games :cap_horn:

[SIM]
Members
4,250 posts
7,263 battles

They sound terrible, honestly. A whole line of cruisers that can barely do cruiser things. Hopefully WG reconsiders the decision to give them so little utility.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
3 minutes ago, UraraShiraishi said:

and she can also take part in omaha deletion games 

And operations.

4 minutes ago, UraraShiraishi said:

at least she wont get r*ped by yamatos

She can still get molested by Musashi. :cap_wander_2:

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They won't have any HE, so there's that. Pretty big deal.

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

They sound terrible, honestly. A whole line of cruisers that can barely do cruiser things. Hopefully WG reconsiders the decision to give them so little utility.

I agree, very skeptical. WG will def need to be fudging numbers to make them competitive. Massive, extremely fragile, with lots of low caliber guns with terrible shell performance, and slow rates of fire. In fact their only boon is maneuverability. The two we already have in game are in desperate need of buffs. Also they said they won't have HE, so this will be interesting.

Edited by goldeagle1123

[REVY]
Members
1,676 posts
10,579 battles
21 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

The smoke on the cruisers cling -so to speak - to it at full speed.

...creeping smoke.....stuck to the immediate vicinity of the ship.......

Anyone remember Pig Pen from Peanuts?

tenor.gif?itemid=4602316

• Funny 4