Sign in to follow this  
Kami

ST: European nation, improvements to autopilot and new Camouflages

19 comments in this topic

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,640 posts
1,067 battles

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

With the upcoming super test session, a new game nation, Europe, will be added to the game. Initially it will include Viribus Unitis, Friesland and Blyskawica. These ships will keep their national flags, voiceovers, their commanders uniform, names and ranks.

This way, small European fleets will be merged into one tree.

EU.jpg

In the upcoming update we continue to work on improving the autopilot. Now the autopilot takes into account speed, maneuverability and size of the ship when planning the path, and also automatically changes the speed. The movement trajectory is now displayed as a real path on the tactical map and mini-map.

autopilot.jpg

autopilot2.jpg

With this improvement, the chance of a collision with an island will be much lower, but if it does happen, the new autopilot will maneuver on its own and return the ship to its previous course.

Special permanent camouflages for Graf Spee, Warspite & Shinonome were added.

• -3% Detectability range by sea.
  • +4% Dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship.
  • -10% Cost of the ship's post-battle service.
  • +100% XP per battle.
  • +35% Credits per battle.

Graf Spee.jpg

Warspite.jpg

Shinonome.jpg

The special permanent camouflages for Furious, La Galissoniere, Le Terrible & Fuso were added.

• +50% XP per battle.

furious.jpg

glass.jpg

le terrible.jpg

fuso.jpg

These camouflages will be available to purchase for doubloons.

• Cool 3

[CVR]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester
1,557 posts
23,165 battles
26 minutes ago, Kami said:

These camouflages will be available to purchase for doubloons.

Hi @Kami 

ty for the info. Are all camouflages for purchase with doubloons?

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,640 posts
1,067 battles
31 minutes ago, zproxy said:

Hi @Kami 

ty for the info. Are all camouflages for purchase with doubloons?

Hey zproxy,

Yes, all of the previewed camouflages will be available for doubloons. Any of them interest you? I see one that interests me =).

• Cool 2

[JASH]
Supertester
245 posts
7,265 battles

Let me guess ...  @Kami wants the Fuso?

Is there a reason why those new camos for the T6 premium ships have those "buffed" stats compared to regular T6 camos while the Le Terrible at T8 only gets a "normal" one?

Edited by tmGrunty

[TARK]
Members
4,290 posts
1,636 battles

So...does this mean captains are going to lose control of their speed settings for the autopilot?

At what point will we dispense with the conceit that we are captaining ships?

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

This way, small European fleets will be merged into one tree.

To confirm the seemingly obvious: Does this mean they can cross-operate their captains?

1 hour ago, Kami said:

The special per manent camouflages for Furious, La Galissoniere, Le Terrible & Fuso were added.

These have the standard bonuses for T6-T8 ships, yes? I was thinking about a permacamo for Furious and Fuso; this is well timed.

1 hour ago, Kami said:

is it just me, or are the bonuses from these camos HIGHER than the regular permacamo bonuses? Also, not that it matters to me, but will the Graf Spee camo also work on the HSF ship?

[CVR]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester
1,557 posts
23,165 battles
3 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey zproxy,

Yes, all of the previewed camouflages will be available for doubloons. Any of them interest you? I see one that interests me =).

I really like all the jobs I would like to be able to get some. My favorite painting is the French because I think it could confuse the enemy
But my tradition is to keep all my doubloons for the Christmas sales (I do not have Italians). I prefer not to spend on camouflage if the boat already has 1 available.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So...does this mean captains are going to lose control of their speed settings for the autopilot?

You fail to comprehend what is happening here.

It depends on how well you set your waypoints. If you clip an island despite your best intentions, the autopilot will take over. If you don't, your own speed settings should be retained.

What this should allow is for you to set a destination with one click and not have to worry about what's in between, if you so choose. 

[KWF]
Members
3,686 posts
5,280 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

is it just me, or are the bonuses from these camos HIGHER than the regular permacamo bonuses? Also, not that it matters to me, but will the Graf Spee camo also work on the HSF ship?

Won't be able to make sure until they are ingame and we can have some earning samples, but I think they may be nearing T8 premium earnings credit wise.

[TARK]
Members
4,290 posts
1,636 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You fail to comprehend what is happening here.

It depends on how well you set your waypoints. If you clip an island despite your best intentions, the autopilot will take over. If you don't, your own speed settings should be retained.

What this should allow is for you to set a destination with one click and not have to worry about what's in between, if you so choose. 

Hopefully that is so. I wasnt sure based on the wording in the announcement. 

• Boring 1

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,640 posts
1,067 battles
20 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Hey Daniel_Allan_Clark,

Why would you lose speed controls for the autopilot? This improvement is to make the autopilot better and to keep you on the desired path you set. This change is designed so that the autopilot is "smarter" and doesn't take you straight into an island or do weird turns. 

[ARGSY]
Members
15,261 posts
10,040 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Won't be able to make sure until they are ingame and we can have some earning samples, but I think they may be nearing T8 premium earnings credit wise.

I'm pretty sure this would make Warspite a strong go-to for T6 operations (not to mention the others, but I either don't have them or don't play them much).

Here are the wiki's stats for Warspite's standard Type 10 Tier 6 premium camo:

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service (-20% for Tier IX ships).
  • +50% to experience earned in the battle (+100% for Tier IX ships).

Here are the stats for the proposed new camo:

• +100% XP per battle.

As a comparison, here are the stats for Ocean Soul one-shot camo: 

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.

So this is basically a better camo than Ocean Soul for XP and credits earned, and it has the cost reduction bonus as well. To put it another way, it's ALMOST as good as running a permanent Basilisk flag on a base-permacamo Warspite, and better than running a permanent Zulu and Equal Speed Charlie London. You could either run both those flags for even more bonuses, or free up the space for combat flags.

This is what WG has needed to do for an age when it comes to selling permacamos for premium ships (which sort-of includes things like spending coal to finish the North Cape collection); something needs to be different from the regular one that comes with the ship. It's probably going to be more expensive, but the benefits will accrue very quickly to anyone who plays those ships a lot.

Editing to tag @Lightninger as he and his operations buddies might see these new camos as very lucrative for farming ops if they have and enjoy bringing the relevant ships.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
678 posts

curious how europe captain cross training will work too

[BOATC]
Members
379 posts
10,148 battles

Will the behavior of the autopilot for aircraft carriers improve? I've died several times because it chose to go the long way around the island it was peeking out of rather than backing up a bit.

[TROLO]
Members
200 posts
13,206 battles
3 hours ago, Kami said:
  • +100% XP per battle.

Warspite.jpg

@LittleWhiteMouse is this a permanent camo for your baby that satisfies your aesthetic needs? I don't actually mind the permanent camo we have already, especially with the alternate palate, but with the economic bonuses and the aesthetic of England I will be snapping this up 

[TARK]
Members
4,290 posts
1,636 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hey Daniel_Allan_Clark,

Why would you lose speed controls for the autopilot? This improvement is to make the autopilot better and to keep you on the desired path you set. This change is designed so that the autopilot is "smarter" and doesn't take you straight into an island or do weird turns. 

Right now, the speed the autopilot uses is set by my ship settings prior to initiating the autopilot. 

If I leave it alone, it tries to do forward movement at full speed...which, while somewhat clumsy, is at least predictable.

The wording of the announcement leads me to believe that the autopilot will adjust speed settings to try to avoid islands and the like. But this essentially means I am not in control of the ship...as I cant easily predict what my autopilot input will lead to in terms of a ship position output.

This is not an issue when merely plotting a transit course. However, when placing a ship behind cover...or using autopilot to maneuver while under fire or torpedo attack while managing air strikes against the attacking ships...uncertainty in hull steering can be VERY, VERY annoying.

• Boring 1

[NGA]
Members
1,878 posts
9,937 battles
2 hours ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

@LittleWhiteMouse is this a permanent camo for your baby that satisfies your aesthetic needs? I don't actually mind the permanent camo we have already, especially with the alternate palate, but with the economic bonuses and the aesthetic of England I will be snapping this up 

Same.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,942 posts
9,171 battles
8 hours ago, Kami said:

• +100% XP per battle.

Warspite.jpg

I know this is preliminary, but please do make sure,; @Kami, that the Union Jack (rear half of Warspite) is the right way up. Clue is in the the orientation and thickness of the diagonal bars. On the devblog screenshot, it appears correct on the flag icon in the lower left of the image, but incorrect as applied to the Warspite's aft section. If you think this is not a problem, I look forward to seeing an upside down stars and stripes (distress signal), or for serious blasphemy, a back to front French (or italian) Tricolore! 

Flag_of_the_United_States_(upside_down).

I have already raised this point, and although I don't mind being ignored, I'd hate to see WG blunder because of that.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[RLGN]
Members
12,081 posts
21,659 battles
21 hours ago, Kami said:

With this improvement, the chance of a collision with an island will be much lower, but if it does happen, the new autopilot will maneuver on its own and return the ship to its previous course.

• +100% XP per battle.

Warspite.jpg

20 hours ago, Kami said:

Hey zproxy,

If it’s Warspite... vvv

18 hours ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

16 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Same.

Our ‘aesthetics’ are obviously wildly different.

This new Warspite camo is ugly as hell. Certainly not worth the expenditure of doubloons.

Increased economic benefits? Not enough to outweigh being repulsed by its looks.

Sign in to follow this