You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

8.6 INSANITY

86 comments in this topic

Members
485 posts
12,786 battles

I have a four-year college degree and in my readthrough of the 8.6 events, I still did not understand what was going on. 

Its shameful WG does this to the player base: the very people who keep the lights on and the staff employed. 

Who can remember back to the best early access event this game has had, in August 2017 for the RN BBs? But now we had events like those in 8.6, and I believe it will only get worse as time moves on.

Bring back skill-based missions! Long live update 6.10!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/up-the-irons/

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,010 battles

It was a simpler time back then, @saintsfan1622000.  Most of the new events these days (along with the monthly events calendar) seem overly complicated.

• Cool 4

[OO7]
Members
5,758 posts
12,700 battles

It's information overload IMO, a huge wall of text with many sections and I can't be bothered to try and figure it out. 

Wonder why WG stopped using the disclaimer: "it isn't as complicated as it may seem"

[INTEL]
Members
11,345 posts
31,808 battles

One thing I learned when I moved to Taiwan is that giving and receiving explanations is really important in American culture, and Americans are often good at it since we practice so much. It requires a certain empathy for what others will and won't know, which not every culture cultivates. 

here's the link asked for above

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-the-full-guide/

The French Destroyer Event is the same as the other events, with the addition of Snowflake-like bonuses on random ships, so it's actually an improvement. 

One thing I wish is that I could dismiss certain missions. For example, I will never get all the Savage Battles DDs and want to make them disappear so I don't have to keep scrolling through them.  That would certainly help lower the information overload.

• Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Members
2,847 posts

glad it's the dd tree i have 0 interest

but i agree this directive/mission setup is crazy, i guess that's the way the designers keep their jobs? lol

[WOLFG]
Members
6,937 posts
4,987 battles
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

One thing I wish is that I could dismiss certain missions. For example, I will never get all the Savage Battles DDs and want to make them disappear so I don't have to keep scrolling through them.  That would certainly help lower the information overload.

This never bothered me.  Until this one.  Having 15 missions is a bit much.

[BUOY]
Members
533 posts
10,955 battles
35 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It was a simpler time back then, @saintsfan1622000.  Most of the new events these days (along with the monthly events calendar) seem overly complicated.

I know I had to reread the purple prose 2-3x to understand the gist of it... Love how they say ' permaflages will also be available for tokens' without actually saying how many tokens they will be.

At least we know the general odds of pulling high tier silver missions now as a 1 in 30 chance. :Smile_smile:

[_-_]
Members
2,629 posts
7,524 battles

For me the complexity of recent events/missions just isn't worth the bother.

I just play, and if I wind up with some unexpected reward along the way it's purely by accident.

• Cool 23

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts

Desperation to keep people playing 24/7. 

The Benham event was a failure, it actually drove numbers down, do they really expect another will be any different?:Smile_sceptic:

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I have a four-year college degree

What was your degree in? If you can't sort this event out, maybe your college failed you.

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

Members
1,279 posts
2,399 battles

More grind to keep the server numbers up. Also maybe they are finally trying hard for the korean market by making the game more and more grindy.

[GOB]
Members
888 posts

I treat the game like a box of Cracker Jack.  Enjoy the popcorn and let the prize surprise me !  : )

For me ignorance is bliss.  I simply play and get little surprises along the way.  When I first got here and was clicking YES to everything I apparently opted into some mission where I got a 10pnt little girl looking Captain.  I went in and saw a couple more 10 pnt captains I have no Idea how I got.  Not for ships I have though.    The only one I played on purpose was the Main event where I got the Free carriers and the Victory one where I got 3 Russian BBS and a CL and a DD. 

I's SURE I am missing out on things not being so into it but it is easier.

Hell , I just discovered OPS a couple of months ago LOL

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles

Okay:

Directives give crates for some of their tasks, which contain the possibility of early-unlock missions. This is as it was for the British DD arc last year. The end prize for completing all directives is a T5 premium French destroyer.

Every premium and every tech-tree ship at T5 or above gets what basically amounts to a French snowflake, which gives out either tokens or coal. The table for how much of what is given out is here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-the-full-guide/ 

If you get early-unlock missions and thus the ships, each of them comes with its own special mission that grants further tokens. There may also be other ways to earn them in combat; I don't know.

The prizes for tokens are either camo/flag packs or permacamos for the early-unlock ships.

If you go for the camo/flag packs and get them all in sequence, this unlocks a series of further camo/flag packs purchased with doubloons. If all are bought, this will give you an early unlock of the Tier 9 tech-tree French destroyer. If you're that desperate to get her early and avoid the grind to T8, go for it. Otherwise, bear in mind that she can be had for free eventually. 

Premium French destroyer containers will be available for purchase.

In short, probably the best thing to do is just complete the directives, grab yourself a free French premium destroyer, and cross your fingers for an early unlock. The tech tree ships will all be free to grind anyway; spending money trying to unlock them early is not worth it unless you desperately want the other stuff in the crates and you believe it's worth the money.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[VETSN]
Members
950 posts
6,832 battles

It would be one thing if these were premium ships, with premium rewards, then I could see the justification in the grind.  But this, like the RU event has me at a loss.  All that work/dubs to get ships that will all be available in 8.7.  The only benefit I see is the camos, but they only go up to tier 8? So...  idk.  I like Le Terrible, so we’ll see I guess.  If it’s a ridiculous grind just don’t bother.

[PVE]
Members
155 posts
13,244 battles

I too cannot bother to keep up with all the contests and missions. Have ignored all in game content and just play,if a surprise appears in port great and thanks. Basically if I want something I buy it and if not ignore it. However I can remember when there was little to do and so the more I guess is merrier for the good of the game and playerbase.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles
37 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

All that work/dubs to get ships that will all be available in 8.7.  

Mogador and Kleber aren't being fully released until another patch after that, but that's mere detail. Some people have got to have their toys NOW, and WG knows how to cater to that.

Me, I'm going to get all the free crates I can and hope for an unlock or two plus being able to get enough tokens for the permacamos. But I've checked how much XP I have on the T2 French cruiser and I'll be unlocking and playing the line from T2 the day it drops, even if I win all the early release stuff. They'll just be a whole bunch of credits I don't have to spend.

[13CLM]
Members
409 posts
2,767 battles
2 hours ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

I have a four-year college degree

having a BA/BScience means nothing....Some of the dumbest people I have met, have a college degree.

Edited by Markk9
  • Confused 1

[ARGSY]
Members
15,108 posts
9,874 battles
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

So we can get Bayard through crates? Am I reading that correctly? They seem to mention her almost as an afterthought. 

I sort of got the same vague flavour, but I couldn't be sure. I have no more than the general flavour of this event, gleaned from analysing the PTS version 

...but I'm going to wait until it goes fully live; there will be further important details we will be told then that I think will make the picture a lot clearer.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
6 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Increase the grind, frustrate the player, more people are willing to pay to avoid the grind. Profit. 

More like Increase the grind, frustrate the player base and drive people away......:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,943 posts
13,846 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

with the addition of Snowflake-like bonuses

Love this part! The grind is way more flexible in this event than the Rougue Wave event. Looks like less grind to me.