Battlecruiser_Repulse

Popular Japanese anime/manga studio attacked, at least a dozen killed

7 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
6,853 posts
7,483 battles
10 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

36 dead last I heard. RIP KyoAni studios.

That's crazy and horrific. I saw the total when I got up and was just blown away.

People are just so freaking insane. You can't trust anyone.

Members
727 posts
On 7/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

That's crazy and horrific. I saw the total when I got up and was just blown away.

People are just so freaking insane. You can't trust anyone.

From what I hear, the Japanese Animation Industry is pressure cooker of stress.  It's the kind of job that even those passionate about art and anime will try and avoid now.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,853 posts
7,483 battles
Just now, Royeaux said:

From what I hear, the Japanese Animation Industry is pressure cooker of stress.  It's the kind of job that even those passionate about art and anime will try and avoid now.

Yeah, there have actually been animes made glorifying the unforgiving nature of their entire creative industry.

I love Japan, but I have a feeling that - at some juncture - their society is going to implode.

Members
727 posts
3 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Yeah, there have actually been animes made glorifying the unforgiving nature of their entire creative industry.

I love Japan, but I have a feeling that - at some juncture - their society is going to implode.

Ah yes, I think while I was on a plane to Japan I saw one of the random live-action movies, I think it was called Bakuman, which was all about a pair of creative teens trying to break into the manga industry and it almost crushes them because of how grueling it was.  I imagine anyone watching that movie would have second or even third thoughts about ever trying to make a manga.

Sign in to follow this