You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ITZ_ACE_BABY

6 bb per game please

21 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
601 posts
9,505 battles

With the amount of bb waiting in queues i feel its a good time to raise the bb cap to 6. This will reduce queue times and only improve enjoyment for everyone in game.

im sure there will be those saying the games will be slower with more bb but if you have played the game in the last year you will see it is already slow and heavily spawn camped with players choosing to play runaway simulator 2019 instead of world of warships.

• Funny 3
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 1

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,803 posts
4,866 battles

there was a cap on bb?

• Cool 1

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
32 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

With the amount of bb waiting in queues i feel its a good time to raise the bb cap to 6. This will reduce queue times and only improve enjoyment for everyone in game.

im sure there will be those saying the games will be slower with more bb but if you have played the game in the last year you will see it is already slow and heavily spawn camped with players choosing to play runaway simulator 2019 instead of world of warships.

Lol no

Bring back 2016 2017 mm with 5-6 cruiser per side

That way it 

1. Benefits BB as there are more chances to dev strike 

2. Benefits cruisers as they have more targets to shoot without putting their life on the line trying to shoot a BB

3. Helps to deal with planes, BB can have an easier time

Only problem is that the DD's will have a harder time, but give 3-5 per side and it's good and they can have enough fun by themselves 

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
601 posts
9,505 battles
2 minutes ago, UraraShiraishi said:

Lol no

Bring back 2016 2017 mm with 5-6 cruiser per side

That way it 

1. Benefits BB as there are more chances to dev strike 

2. Benefits cruisers as they have more targets to shoot without putting their life on the line trying to shoot a BB

3. Helps to deal with planes, BB can have an easier time

Only problem is that the DD's will have a harder time, but give 3-5 per side and it's good and they can have enough fun by themselves 

all of what you have said will make no change if they add more bb per game considering there is already a cap of 5 cruiser per game.

1. more dev strikes does not come down to the amount of cruiser per game but by your aim and positioning.

2. cruisers can freely farm bb already again by positioning using islands and also by learning how to kite and dodge.

3. what cruiser player runs to the aid of a bb being harrased by planes. BB already have respectable AA in current patch to deal with planes effectively. 

LOL no

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
6 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

all of what you have said will make no change if they add more bb per game considering there is already a cap of 5 cruiser per game.

1. more dev strikes does not come down to the amount of cruiser per game but by your aim and positioning.

2. cruisers can freely farm bb already again by positioning using islands and also by learning how to kite and dodge.

3. what cruiser player runs to the aid of a bb being harrased by planes. BB already have respectable AA in current patch to deal with planes effectively. 

LOL no

1. Cruisers are nicer targets for BB as the BB can be more aggressive with her angles and shoot without risk of taking huge damage in 1 salvo of return fire

2. Farming BB is risky in general because you are shooting a target that can take off 10k+ of your hp in a single salvo, even if you are bow on. Meanwhile you are just slowly chipping away at their HP, "farming". It's also risky to "kite and dodge" in open water because of your fragility, and add to that, not every map has islands in good locations for you to just sit behind and farm dmg, so it's overall better, more comfortable and safer for cruisers to engage other cruisers than BB

3. It's not specifically "running to the BB to help with planes", it's "cruiser moving to the cap near a BB at a speed the BB can match"

[INTEL]
Members
11,367 posts
31,838 battles
1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

What... you mean... BB players have been forced to wait in queue? If only they had been CV players, WG would have bent over backwards to accommodate them. 

[O7]
Members
601 posts
9,505 battles
9 minutes ago, UraraShiraishi said:

1. Cruisers are nicer targets for BB as the BB can be more aggressive with her angles and shoot without risk of taking huge damage in 1 salvo of return fire

2. Farming BB is risky in general because you are shooting a target that can take off 10k+ of your hp in a single salvo, even if you are bow on. Meanwhile you are just slowly chipping away at their HP, "farming". It's also risky to "kite and dodge" in open water because of your fragility, and add to that, not every map has islands in good locations for you to just sit behind and farm dmg, so it's overall better, more comfortable and safer for cruisers to engage other cruisers than BB

3. It's not specifically "running to the BB to help with planes", it's "cruiser moving to the cap near a BB at a speed the BB can match"

This will sound extremely cocky but getting gooder at the game will help negotiate these obstacles as all these points are variable to how good you and the enemy are at the game to be fair. 

When i play any ship i hope for more battleships on enemy team because of the sweet sweet damage piniata they are.

A kiting cruiser can easily dodge a battleship salvo by simply speed juking, knowing when to disengage and re-engage the enemy.

cruiser v cruiser fights are the worst compared to a cruiser vs bb as lately battleships seem to only overpen cruisers where as a des moines will run riot vs any enemy cruiser.

[O7]
Members
601 posts
9,505 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

What... you mean... BB players have been forced to wait in queue? If only they had been CV players, WG would have bent over backwards to accommodate them. 

cv mains are the delicate children of our world that need every bit of help.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,685 posts

I don't remember having to wait in the queue as a BB.  It usually loads within a few seconds.

• Cool 1

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
8 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

This will sound extremely cocky but getting gooder at the game will help negotiate these obstacles as all these points are variable to how good you and the enemy are at the game to be fair. 

When i play any ship i hope for more battleships on enemy team because of the sweet sweet damage piniata they are.

A kiting cruiser can easily dodge a battleship salvo by simply speed juking, knowing when to disengage and re-engage the enemy.

cruiser v cruiser fights are the worst compared to a cruiser vs bb as lately battleships seem to only overpen cruisers where as a des moines will run riot vs any enemy cruiser.

When I play a cruiser I expect at least 3 cruisers per team, because more BB=more threats to eating 10k cits. Also it actually allows me to AP a little, and get a cit or 2, instead of just throwing HE at everything (though admittedly I've started to play my Haguro+Nachi recently and I find that the HE is amazing to farm BB's with, which is increasing my tolerance of them, as long as they aren't T9:fish_cute_2:)

Playing BB I also hope for more cruisers (particularly Omaha.. you know why:Smile_trollface:) as it means I have a bigger chance to get cit hits, and they can't do big damage to me in return unless I do a big dumb and overextend

The only time I'm happier with a BB heavy game than a cruiser heavy game, is when I'm in my Warspite, because with only 8 guns and at that caliber, overpens are much more common than in other BB's. I also just got a Nelson, and I'm not minding BB heavy games in her either. I'm averaging 70-90k dmg in her. It's absurd

I'll also have you know I don't play DD, so that's a factor to my preferences 

Members
99 posts
2 hours ago, UraraShiraishi said:

Playing BB I also hope for more cruisers (particularly Omaha.. you know why:Smile_trollface:) as it means I have a bigger chance to get cit hits, and they can't do big damage to me in return unless I do a big dumb and overextend

Omaha and Emerald :Smile_teethhappy:

[INTEL]
Members
1,588 posts
13,461 battles
5 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_NZ said:

Assy.thumb.PNG.d2335337260e9563f18ed0d0b7c19949.PNG

• Funny 2

[O7]
Members
601 posts
9,505 battles
10 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

Assy.thumb.PNG.d2335337260e9563f18ed0d0b7c19949.PNG

well done this made me giggle.

and of course i have everyones best interests in mind i am an honest politician

also i do not own an asashio

Edited by ITZ_ACE_NZ
  • Cool 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I read this thread and it killed so many brain-cells my IQ just dropped about 5 points.

There's already way too many BB's in game as it is. That's why I've dedicated my WoWs career to DD's. The BB overpopulation is a plague on the matchmaking system and their numbers must be thinned out for the good of all humanity.

Torps inbound. Relax! Just keep sailing straight please. Nothing to see here people. Just pest control...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles
4 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I read this thread and it killed so many brain-cells my IQ just dropped about 5 points.

There's already way too many BB's in game as it is. That's why I've dedicated my WoWs career to DD's. The BB overpopulation is a plague on the matchmaking system and their numbers must be thinned out for the good of all humanity.

Torps inbound. Relax! Just keep sailing straight please. Nothing to see here people. Just pest control...

Too many BBs and too many DDs.

Need more cruiser daka.

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
1 hour ago, Incomitatus said:

Need more cruiser daka.

I wouldn't say too many DDs

The CV rework has really slashed the number of DDs around

I'm seeing more and more Kami and Gremys now, and less of everything else

I agree with your 2 other points though 

[WOLFG]
Members
262 posts
2,076 battles
4 minutes ago, UraraShiraishi said:

I wouldn't say too many DDs

The CV rework has really slashed the number of DDs around

I'm seeing more and more Kami and Gremys now, and less of everything else

I agree with your 2 other points though 

Mid-tier games are regularly 4-5 DDs a side. The CV rework drove a lot of the DD captains into the lower half of the tiers.

I don't hate DDs, but that's a lot. Maybe I should grind my way up to T10 if I can get away from all of them... :-P

[MEOW]
Members
231 posts
3,896 battles
13 minutes ago, Incomitatus said:

Mid-tier games are regularly 4-5 DDs a side. The CV rework drove a lot of the DD captains into the lower half of the tiers.

I don't hate DDs, but that's a lot. Maybe I should grind my way up to T10 if I can get away from all of them... :-P

Can't say much about the high tiers. Highest tier I play is tier 7 and I still see them, up to tier 9 games I even see some Benhams around

Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
11 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

Need more cruiser daka.

Nope. Here are the player and battle counts for high tiers (T7-10):

BB Higher Tier 12326 314503
CA Higher Tier 9848 241556
CV Higher Tier 873 19611
DD Higher Tier 6772 173805

There is a legitimate problem with too many BBsthe in-game.

Even DDs that are considered the best at T10 don't come close to even mediocre BBs:

Name Players Total Battles
Bourgogne 56 733
Stalingrad 163 2204
Yoshino 604 8835
Salem 441 5903
Daring 206 2756
Kremlin 689 11050
Audacious 60 748
Khabarovsk 171 2276
Grozovoi 193 2758
Henri IV 298 3892
Hakuryu 128 2014
Minotaur 626 8706
Moskva 287 4170
Des Moines 958 13723
Grosser Kurfuerst 871 11797
Z-52 208 2899
Worcester 608 8054
Yueyang 101 1254
Shimakaze 1230 19275
Harugumo 534 6975
Yamato 970 13860
Midway 282 4057
Zao 513 7643
Hindenburg 443 6068
Republique 353 4602
Montana 1083 15234
Conqueror 325 4631
Gearing 796 11913

The Shimekaze by itself is the only reason why BBs do not literally double DD battles.

Edited by 10T0nHammer

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
5 hours ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Nope. Here are the player and battle counts for high tiers (T7-10):

BB Higher Tier 12326 314503
CA Higher Tier 9848 241556
CV Higher Tier 873 19611
DD Higher Tier 6772 173805

There is a legitimate problem with too many BBsthe in-game.

Even DDs that are considered the best at T10 don't come close to even mediocre BBs:

Name Players Total Battles
Bourgogne 56 733
Stalingrad 163 2204
Yoshino 604 8835
Salem 441 5903
Daring 206 2756
Kremlin 689 11050
Audacious 60 748
Khabarovsk 171 2276
Grozovoi 193 2758
Henri IV 298 3892
Hakuryu 128 2014
Minotaur 626 8706
Moskva 287 4170
Des Moines 958 13723
Grosser Kurfuerst 871 11797
Z-52 208 2899
Worcester 608 8054
Yueyang 101 1254
Shimakaze 1230 19275
Harugumo 534 6975
Yamato 970 13860
Midway 282 4057
Zao 513 7643
Hindenburg 443 6068
Republique 353 4602
Montana 1083 15234
Conqueror 325 4631
Gearing 796 11913

The Shimekaze by itself is the only reason why BBs do not literally double DD battles.

Well... to understand why there's more BB's in game, you have to understand psychology and the male ego...

There's more men in WoWs than women most likely, as with many video-games. Men have a pre-occupation with the size of certain appendages. And this further translates into their class selection in WoWs. They believe BIG GUNS = MO' POWAH! When actually they don't. When you add in the ability to heal and massive health pools combined with giant explosions and several dozen guns, it's easy to understand why the BB is by far the most numerous class in-game. It's an ego trip.

BB's are an "entry-level" class and much more forgiving than any other. They require little skill aside from map positioning. Simply point, click, fire, watch the damage rack up, count to 30, rinse and repeat. That's why they're referred to en-masse as "NooBBs" or "BBabies".

DD's on the other hand are a pure finesse class with a very high skill requirement to truly be good. The guns barely work against larger targets. The health pool is low. Their only saving grace is torpedoes, which require advanced aiming, but also the ability to predict future player positions and movement patterns.

Grab your popcorn and wait for the BB main rage to commence in following posts... :)