You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DracoTB

Elite XP

14 comments in this topic

[DTB]
Members
264 posts

So, I looked at buying the T9 Alaska for 1,000,000 Free XP. I haven't been playing long enough to have accumulated 1,000,000 Free XP but I do have just over 2,000,000 Elite XP.

To convert 1 million EXP into 1 million FXP costs, at standard rates, 40,000 doubloons (1 million divided by 25). 25,000 doubloons (the most I could find in the Premium store) costs NZ$150 thus, at best rates, to convert 1 million EXP costs NZ$240.

Other T9 ships available in the Premium Store sell for NZ$120 so to buy the Alaska using EXP would cost twice the present going rate of T9s. Even with the present special on of 35 per doubloon it would still cost over $170.

At these rates even using a few doubloons to convert a few EXP over to FXP so as to get the next ship in the tech tree just isn't worth the cost.

Elite XP - the XP that you earn as a special of elite ships but can't afford to use.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,919 posts
7,566 battles
13 minutes ago, DracoTB said:

Elite XP - the XP that you earn as a special of elite ships but can't afford to use.

It's basically useless, but if WG can extract that kind of money from wallet warriors to fund a F2P game, I have no problem with that. 

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
27 minutes ago, DracoTB said:

So, I looked at buying the T9 Alaska for 1,000,000 Free XP. I haven't been playing long enough to have accumulated 1,000,000 Free XP but I do have just over 2,000,000 Elite XP.

To convert 1 million EXP into 1 million FXP costs, at standard rates, 40,000 doubloons (1 million divided by 25). 25,000 doubloons (the most I could find in the Premium store) costs NZ$150 thus, at best rates, to convert 1 million EXP costs NZ$240.

Other T9 ships available in the Premium Store sell for NZ$120 so to buy the Alaska using EXP would cost twice the present going rate of T9s. Even with the present special on of 35 per doubloon it would still cost over $170.

At these rates even using a few doubloons to convert a few EXP over to FXP so as to get the next ship in the tech tree just isn't worth the cost.

Most people wait until there's a sale on the conversion giving you 35 instead of 25 to 1 dubloon. If that helps.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,223 posts
11,364 battles
13 minutes ago, DracoTB said:

Few would disagree. Especially since the Alaska is available in the premium shop for $80 US.

If you don’t want to go that route, just play to build your Free XP to a level that renders the Alaska free, or affirdable.

[DTB]
Members
264 posts
13 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's basically useless, but if WG can extract that kind of money from wallet warriors to fund a F2P game, I have no problem with that. 

The present special on conversion tells me that they're not achieving that. Or, to put it another way, they'd probably get more income if they made the conversion significantly cheaper than buying the ship direct from the Premium Shop.

3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Most people wait until there's a sale on the conversion giving you 35 instead of 25 to 1 dubloon. If that helps.

Even at 35, as it is presently, it simply isn't worth it to convert EXP to FXP.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,059 posts
4,196 battles
3 minutes ago, DracoTB said:

The present special on conversion tells me that they're not achieving that. Or, to put it another way, they'd probably get more income if they made the conversion significantly cheaper than buying the ship direct from the Premium Shop.

Even at 35, as it is presently, it simply isn't worth it to convert EXP to FXP.

It depends on the ship i guess. I used some cash to convert for my Mighty Mo before she was gone forever in the shop. I don't regret it one bit. I guess it depends how bad you want the ship in question.

To be fair in my case there was a time crunch.

[SYN]
Members
3,612 posts
19,503 battles

The model for a free 2 play game, invest time or money.

If you really want that ship fine but otherwise not worth it until you accumulate enough FXP through normal play.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I have over 8.5 million Elite XP. In 4 years of playing I don't think I've ever converted even one doubloon of it...

Agreed. Its a near useless currency/feature. Its simply there to encourage additional doubloon sales and it's far too expensive generally speaking to utilize.

[TBW]
Members
8,633 posts
15,512 battles

I never convert, I don't think that I would convert if they added a Zero to the 35 per doubloon. The conversion rate has always been a rip off.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,830 posts
9,700 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

It depends on the ship i guess. I used some cash to convert for my Mighty Mo before she was gone forever in the shop. I don't regret it one bit. I guess it depends how bad you want the ship in question.

To be fair in my case there was a time crunch.

TBH, MO is also a MUCH better ship than Alaska. Not that AK is bad, it's just that MO is much better, and tbh, so is Kronnie. And yes, I have all 3. In fact, there are very few "easily" earnable or purchasable premiums I don't have. Comparisons, I can make them, yo.(I don't have Stolivodkagrad, BurgerkingisgoodonYAY, or plsNeutermyShima, because, why?)

Krimzon, keeping ya'll folks' lights on since 2016. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
461 posts
17 battles
4 hours ago, DracoTB said:

Way cheaper to buy the alaska in the premium shop for cash if you intend to spend money, converting freexp is wayyyyyy to expensive. But WG wont tell you that....

[SRPH]
Members
1,012 posts
2,800 battles

At least in Tanks, one has the option of having that elite XP go towards crew training instead of getting stuck on the tank and requiring gold to move it into free XP.  Wish they did that here...

[CRMSN]
Members
8,830 posts
9,700 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

[hidden]

Did I say it was for sale? No. I was simply comparing the overall performance of the ships. And yet, you A) Assumed, and then B) Insulted me for no reason at all.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,170 posts
9,959 battles

Elite XP for conversion is there for emergencies only, e.g. when Missouri was being withdrawn from sale and people needed 750K FXP right away to get it or miss out.

I seriously considered converting some of mine when Musashi was on the chopping block, but at the end of the day I managed to grind it out and didn't have to take the last resort. At the time, the cost would have been equivalent to an un-discounted Tier 8 premium ship; not a bad deal under the circumstances. Working out the cost and grinding hard to bring it down as much as possible served as a motivator.

• Cool 1