You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Oh come on WG!

31 comments in this topic

[EGO]
Members
3,714 posts

A French Legendary commander in 8.7?

They already have the 2 best special commanders.

Where are the Japanese commanders??? The Japanese had a pretty good navy during WW2.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,827 posts
3,806 battles
4 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Where are the Japanese commanders??? The Japanese had a pretty good navy during WW2.

There is legendary commanders and there is unique. Prime difference is usually in game abilities that can be activated. Japan has Yamamoto, France has none (neither does Germany or Britain). 

Japan is missing unique commanders yes, but not legendary. Germans are the real ones being kicked to the curb. Jutland brothers are meh, and most the candidates for legendary captains are unfit for games (war criminals)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[EQRN]
Members
1,618 posts
13,579 battles

Seems like they’re tying these to tech tree releases.  So do the Japanese have any candidates to add to their tech tree? :fish_book:

[WOLF8]
Members
5,690 posts
5,384 battles
35 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Seems like they’re tying these to tech tree releases.  So do the Japanese have any candidates to add to their tech tree? :fish_book:

If I were to make a prediction, I would say that when the submarines are implemented in the game, we might see one for an IJN sub line, lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I don't even think the game should have these commanders.... it creates a very slight unbalance between players who have them and others that do not.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[EGO]
Members
3,714 posts
45 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

There is legendary commanders and there is unique. Prime difference is usually in game abilities that can be activated. Japan has Yamamoto, France has none (neither does Germany or Britain). 

Japan is missing unique commanders yes, but not legendary. Germans are the real ones being kicked to the curb. Jutland brothers are meh, and most the candidates for legendary captains are unfit for games (war criminals)

Yep the Jutland boys are terrible. The only unique commanders where I didn't get the twin. I don't even use the one I do have. That's no reason to screw IJN though. Their Navy was years ahead of everybody else when the war started.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,583 posts
23,606 battles
11 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

If I were to make a prediction, I would say that when the submarines are implemented in the game, we might see one for an IJN sub line, lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

We will rather see a legendary German Kapitän.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,798 posts
4,267 battles

STILL SALTY ABOUT TSUSHIMA.

Semi-seriousness aside, WG really should have just made all Event Commanders (including Collaboration and Halloween/Rogue Wave/Etc) have special skills, even if it's just the usual EM bonus and maybe a token JoaT bonus. Moreso since many of them have to be purchased anyway, whether it's directly via the Shop or indirectly via Premium Container Currency.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,935 posts
12,817 battles
45 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

For the German's you really have to go back to the imperial era to find their legendary commanders. Number one on my list is Karl Friedrich Max von Müller of the Emden.

The IJN didn't have the atrocities that the imperial army had so there are more candidates for both types.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
5,690 posts
5,384 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

We will rather see a legendary German Kapitän.

A German U-boat kapitan, lol. :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_hiding:

[BASIN]
Members
3,327 posts
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

10 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Yep the Jutland boys are terrible. The only unique commanders where I didn't get the twin. I don't even use the one I do have. That's no reason to screw IJN though. Their Navy was years ahead of everybody else when the war started.

4 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

STILL SALTY ABOUT TSUSHIMA.

Semi-seriousness aside, WG really should have just made all Event Commanders (including Collaboration and Halloween/Rogue Wave/Etc) have special skills, even if it's just the usual EM bonus and maybe a token JoaT bonus. Moreso since many of them have to be purchased anyway, whether it's directly via the Shop or indirectly via Premium Container Currency.

2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

For the German's you really have to go back to the imperial era to find their legendary commanders. Number one on my list is Karl Friedrich Max von Müller of the Emden.

The IJN didn't have the atrocities that the imperial army had so there are more candidates for both types.

:Smile_great: Valid points all :Smile_medal: So the question is why no legendary IJN  Commanders?

• Cool 2

[BASIN]
Members
3,327 posts
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

17 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I don't even think the game should have these commanders.... it creates a very slight unbalance between players who have them and others that do not.

:Smile_great:Stay On Topic!:etc_swear: It

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
6,583 posts
23,606 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

A German U-boat kapitan, lol. :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_hiding:

The only possible new techtree for the KM would be subs. And since WG had the idea that they would contribute to the game, this would be the chance to add him as part of another tremendous token grind.

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Stay On Topic!:etc_swear: It

What are you talking about? The thread is about commanders. Those posts discuss commanders...

[ARGSY]
6,583 posts
23,606 battles
3 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great: Valid points all :Smile_medal: So the question is why no legendary IJN  Commanders?

We have a legendary one, just a normal with some extra skills.

[BASIN]
Members
3,327 posts
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

What are you talking about? The thread is about commanders. Those posts discuss commanders...

:Smile_great:The topic is about IJN  commanders

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,969 posts
23,578 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't care about ship captains.  Legendary commanders are famous admirals.    IMO, the German legendary admiral should be Admiral Scheer, who commanded the High Seas Fleet at the Battle of Jutland.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Supertester
22,935 posts
12,817 battles
21 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

The IJN have Yamamoto, what they are missing are unique commanders.

[GWG]
Supertester
22,935 posts
12,817 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't care about ship captains.  Legendary commanders are famous admirals.    IMO, the German legendary admiral should be Admiral Scheer, who commanded the High Seas Fleet at the Battle of Jutland.

The ones they have selected have been admirals but I don't think they should lock themselves to that, they are legendary commanders not legendary admirals in the game.

[BASIN]
Members
3,327 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The IJN have Yamamoto, what they are missing are unique commanders.

:Smile_great:The Difference Is One Legendary IJN  Commander  VS  Multiples688286755_WorldofWarshipsUniqueCommanders.thumb.png.006d5c3b90cfd0500fdb37417b805ead.png

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
2,160 posts
19,291 battles
7 hours ago, _1204_ said:

There have been many German Commanders mentioned as candidates from both World Wars that would be fine even some that were in fact members of a certain political party but were still honourable men however it seems WG are giving Germany the shaft and lets not forget we have a Commonwealth branch  and a Italian branch ( so to speak ) still nothing for them :Smile_sad:

Edited by tm63au

[POP]
Members
2,160 posts
19,291 battles
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Maximilian von Spee
Image result for maximilian von spee

[GWG]
Supertester
22,935 posts
12,817 battles
14 minutes ago, tm63au said:

There have been many German Commanders mentioned as candidates from both World Wars that would be fine even some that were in fact members of a certain political party but were still honourable men however it seems WG are giving Germany shaft and lets not forget we have a Commonwealth branch  and a Italian branch ( so to speak ) still nothing for them :Smile_sad:

Officers had to join the party so they all have that taint. However, Langsdorff of the Graf Spee would be an excellent Kriegsmarine era choice just for this photo of the funeral for the dead from the battle. Notice how he is saluting.

1939_12_15_funeral_for_crew_montevideo_n

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,931 posts
13,436 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Ah, the Sino-Japanese war hasn't been forgotten by our host's country.....  Nor the fact that after WW2, they didn't get a "warm water port" nor access to the IR tracking tech; nor, the advanced aircraft; nor, the I-400 series subs........   Then, we used tactical nuclear weapons and they stayed in Kamchatka.

And, we wonder why the IJN is somewhat under represented.... 

[--V--]
Members
1,043 posts
12,249 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I don't now if 'technically' the IJN navy could be called years ahead of everyone else.  Thru 1942 they certainly had FAR superior training and doctrine, especially for night fighting. (surface ships).   FAR superior training and doctrine for naval aviation, especially torpedo strikes.  And they had superiority in numbers of ships/planes in the war zone thru 1942.  There are few, if any instances, thru 1942 where the INJ did not out match the USN or Brit navies simply by tactics and a result of superior training. (Excluding Midway, which was an IJN strategic and tactical leadership failure and a lot of luck on the US's part).

Where they did have a technological superiority thru 1942 were ship/sub launched torpedoes and the Zero fighter.  Other than that, I believe that ship for ship, the IJN was no better or worse than the US or Brit at the time.  Technologically that is.