Sign in to follow this  
SeaQuest_

WG I am done buying doubloons and here is why..

28 comments in this topic

Members
454 posts

You keep turning on use in game cash to buy camo and signals. People have complained about this for a long time. The only time that should turn on is if I turn it on....!!!!!! 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,855 battles

Wait I thought that was fixed many patches ago.

[WORX]
Members
6,485 posts
16,189 battles

Why is it only you, with the exact same issue? No one else has the issue you have... When they did, a solution was posted on your threads to fix it and POOF! Issue resolve,

So how are you the only one not benefiting from that advice?

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Members
1,161 posts
7,114 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why is it only you, with the exact same issue? No one else has the issue you have... When they did it, a solution was posted on your threads to fix it and POOF! Issue resolve,

So how are you the only one not benefiting from that advice?

It is not just him. The fix did not work for everyone. I know a bunch of players still having this issue. As far as i can tell this is the first time he has posted about this yet you accuse him of doing it before. 

Edited by USMC2145

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
6 minutes ago, paradat said:

Not for signals....

If you remove all sigs, then reinstall an economic one, it resets the flag to try and charge you.

if you remove only economic flags and reinstall one, it does not reset the flag for doubloons.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
6,485 posts
16,189 battles
1 minute ago, USMC2145 said:

It is not just him. The fix did not work for everyone. I know a bunch of players still having this issue. 

understandable,  its  a small population issue... Send  bug report to @Gneisenau013 .... If they say all is well then the issue is on the player side.

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
45 posts
21,534 battles

I think this last patch is the first time it didn't happen to me.  Maybe i'm just used to having to check every time i look at a ship in port.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,855 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Not for signals....

If you remove all sigs, then reinstall an economic one, it resets the flag to try and charge you.

if you remove only economic flags and reinstall one, it does not reset the flag for doubloons.

Ah OK... wow, I almost never remove flags so... I have not run into this bug yet. Will keep my eye on it.

[A-D-F]
5,675 posts

Not for signals....

I just removed all signals from my Bismark.  I then installed the Zulu signal.  The game did not enable resupply.

[PSP]
Members
10,014 posts

It's only a minor inconvenience to ascertain that the auto-purchase box is not checked. However, I did notice that it no longer auto-checks like it did before. Of all the actually annoying things in life the need to see if an auto-purchase box in a game is checked rates way down there among the nearly inconsequential to me.

Before sending a report, avail yourself of the file check and correct option that is available through the gaming center (you need top select support for WOWS specifically to find it). The file checker corrects most issues with the game. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,161 posts
7,114 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

I just removed all signals from my Bismark.  I then installed the Zulu signal.  The game did not enable resupply.

It will if the flag runs out. It will charge you doubloons. 

[A-D-F]
5,675 posts
Just now, USMC2145 said:

It will if the flag runs out. It will charge you doubloons. 

Even though resupply is NOT enabled?

If that is case, yeah, that's a pretty big problem.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

When you enable resupply, it rechecks the box.....

[A-D-F]
5,675 posts
Just now, awiggin said:

When you enable resupply, it rechecks the box.....

Yes, every time you enable resupply, you have to disable with doubloons.

I don't think that is a "bug".

Members
1,161 posts
7,114 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

It may not be a bug but it is a cheap thing WG is doing. That box should only check if the player wants it checked. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If it's a feature, it's a feature that tries to take actual money....

It should NEVER default an actual cash item to on...if you don't get that...there's no help for you.

Furthermore it's the way it's implemented is designed to catch players by surprise. When you remove economic signals only, it hides the box, you re-add one and it pops the box back up, empty.

It's only when you remove all sigs that it resets it.

Edited by awiggin

Members
4 posts
603 battles

So far I have never noticed that I left this unattended for so long that I didn't notice it was 'on'. I have wondered how often WG gets angry complaints about people unintentionally spending real money. I don't think I have lost any funds. However, yah, obviously the default to 'on' is metrics and revenue driven, could easily be reversed, but there is a monetary cost associated with doing so, so absent sufficient complaint volume... Having it default to on is ethically distasteful, imo.

Edited by CrashesintoMountains
an additional point to make

[A-D-F]
5,675 posts
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

If it's a feature, it's a feature that tries to take actual money....

It should NEVER default an actual cash item to on...if you don't get that...there's no help for you.

Furthermore it's the way it's implemented is designed to catch players by surprise. When you remove economic signals only, it hides the box, you re-add one and it pops the box back up, empty.

It's only when you remove all sigs that it resets it.

I get it, I get why that would upset people. 

Hasn't it been that way for a long time though?  People are talking about "the last patch" or it was "fixed", I must have missed it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,289 posts
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I get it, I get why that would upset people. 

Hasn't it been that way for a long time though?  People are talking about "the last patch" or it was "fixed", I must have missed it.

No, they used to pull this with consumables as well, defaulting to doubloons every time you re-selected premium consumables.

It took years of players [edited] about it to finally get it fixed, but this issue is still here, because they added the ability to buy flags for doubloons in the interface more recently.

[A-D-F]
5,675 posts

No, they used to pull this with consumables as well, defaulting to doubloons every time you re-selected premium consumables.

It took years of players [edited] about it to finally get it fixed, but this issue is still here, because they added the ability to buy flags for doubloons in the interface more recently.

Got ya.

[-BRS-]
Members
938 posts
34,785 battles

Yeah, this nice feature regularly ripping me off hundred or another doubloons after every big wave of flags/camos... one of the reasons wallet is closed for this game. 

[HINON]
Members
1,981 posts
19,363 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

It broke for me as well. Should have caught it sooner.

Sign in to follow this