You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Bored with game

45 comments in this topic

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,862 posts
4,401 battles

I don’t know about the many of you, but I am rather bored with all of the grinds in the game. It doesn’t motivate me to play when I see all of these different directives and missions and armory ships it is just a turn off for me. Whatever happened to reasonable mission chains that were actually rewarding? I think those are gone due to inflation of these currencies coal and steel. I said before that it would be a problem and that only more higher tier ships would be released. I TOLD YOU SO 

So now all of you can keep grinding away as normal or simply take a break and do something else.I am quite surprised that people like these grinds and have no animosity whatsoever towards that locking of ships behind these currencies. So have fun I guess perhaps all I am doing is beating a dead horse.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Members
4,473 posts

I don't play for the gind, or even the missions anymore.  I play the ship which I have fun in, that's it now.  I also usually go to coop because I just want to blow some s#!t up.

• Cool 6

[H_]
Members
2,898 posts
13,332 battles

As we degenerate into a pure young adult FFA arcade shooter, what ever was left will be unsupported.   We are making plans for retiring and finding a plan A game.....  If our host "gets with the program" and improves quality deliverables, we'd stay !!!  Why they are doing what they are doing is baffling to me......

• Cool 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,085 posts
15 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Way too much stuff in game to do to worry about these events.

I agree.. in fact, anymore, I hardly click the Mission button. After all it's not really a mission button but a thing that takes me to another screen so I can click again to select the screen it's named after, right. 

Oh, I watch for free ships - but then check out the requirments and go back to playing random matches in my Yammy or Montana. 

• Cool 2

[WDS]
Members
2,228 posts
9,679 battles
24 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I don't play for the gind, or even the missions anymore.  I play the ship which I have fun in, that's it now

This ^^ I don't play Coop though but that's cool too . I just play my favorite ships and what ever free stuff comes my way I'm happy . Why stress yourself out you don't have to do every grind all the way through . People make it sound like its a job what fun is that ??

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
6,957 posts
4,994 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

I agree.. in fact, anymore, I hardly click the Mission button. After all it's not really a mission button but a thing that takes me to another screen so I can click again to select the screen it's named after, right. 

Oh, I watch for free ships - but then check out the requirments and go back to playing random matches in my Yammy or Montana. 

I look at the events at the start (got the murmansk from the last one).

This one:  Rougue Wave, CV + a week of vacation = quick nope on the Hill.

Benham? :cap_haloween:

Back to my slow grind.

[90TH]
Members
1,096 posts
9,811 battles

It was really clear the grinds were getting worse for less, so I quit looking at missions completely a long time ago.  If I accidentally get one, fine, but I just play the ships I want to and ignore the missions.

If the missions were reasonable maybe I’d care again.

[SIM]
Members
4,219 posts
7,240 battles

Yep! I grinded out the Benham, played her for two days, and uninstalled. I’ll be back, but the amount of time that I had to put into getting that ship (combined with the shipshow that is the game’s current high tier meta) has exhausted all enjoyment that I receive from playing World of Warships. 

[SALVO]
Members
22,927 posts
23,493 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

I don’t know about the many of you, but I am rather bored with all of the grinds in the game. It doesn’t motivate me to play when I see all of these different directives and missions and armory ships it is just a turn off for me. Whatever happened to reasonable mission chains that were actually rewarding? I think those are gone due to inflation of these currencies coal and steel. I said before that it would be a problem and that only more higher tier ships would be released. I TOLD YOU SO 

So now all of you can keep grinding away as normal or simply take a break and do something else.I am quite surprised that people like these grinds and have no animosity whatsoever towards that locking of ships behind these currencies. So have fun I guess perhaps all I am doing is beating a dead horse.

LK, I understand where you're coming from on this.  I play the grinds regularly, and even I'm getting rather turned off by the CONSTANT grind.  Right now, WG has gotten into this pattern of these 3 month events with each new line release.  And these grindy events for some free premium ship.  And so on and so on.

Honestly, I wish that every few months they'd take a break from this stuff and just ease off on these grindy events for a month or two to let people get a breather.  Maybe play something else without feeling like they're missing out on some major event, so that they can recharge their personal "batteries" and come back.  Basically be able to take a vacation from these event grinds.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
3,161 posts
13,501 battles

You know, I actually don’t mind the way WG has set these out. 

The grind for the Hill doesn’t require anything special - you don’t even need to play the rogue wave event to get it done. Just by playing a mix of ships. And there are no super annoying mission requirements, like get a dreadnought medal, live, three torpedo hits, a flood and a win at the same time to proceed. 

The requirement for Benham is obviously more tedious, but it’s clearly designed to reward continuous play rather than casual play. Again, this is fine because it is a free T9 ship - with great reward comes great work. 

But where would the game be without these events? Free to play players would never get premium ships. There would be no ‘rewards’ for activity. People would complain (rightly) that any premium ships awarded for returning players is unfair; instead, that argument is total rubbish now.

And all the game would be would be grinding up the next new ship line, with the combo of premium time, camo and flags can be done in a week or two pretty easily if you really wanted to - yet it takes far longer than that to create that content. So you’d be playing random battle after random battle with no point or purpose - wouldn’t you be complaining about that too? I would - it would make the game dull. No endgame content. Etc. 

Ultimately, the grind is optional. It gives players who aren’t like you an ‘in’ with premium ships.

And if you’re not having fun, stop playing the high tier meta and rejoin the unpredictable mid tiers, where there is chaos to provide opportunities for good players whilst being constrained by being uptiered. It’s actually challenging. Try giving it a go. 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,943 posts
13,848 battles
1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

I don't play for the gind, or even the missions anymore.  I play the ship which I have fun in, that's it now.  I also usually go to coop because I just want to blow some s#!t up.

So much this^^^^^

[PSP]
Members
10,014 posts

Boredom has a purpose in that it goads us to learn and experience new things. Diversity of knowledge and experience allows the individual to more easily adapt to changing situations. Intelligent people get bored because the biochemistry of boredom is coded for in their genes. Those individuals that gain a diversity of knowledge and experience are more likely to help the society survive than those who do not. 

If you are bored with a game then your mind is telling you that it has learned all that it wants to from it and you need to move on. One of the hardest things that a gaming company has to do is to try to keep their product interesting for their consumer base. Our minds tend to forget, however, and with time an old boring things can become fresh and new again. If I reread a good book immediately it's boring. However, if I reread the same book twenty years later it's become interesting again, and I oftentimes see it in a whole new light because of my expanded knowledge and experience. If the game has become boring then shelve it for a while. 

• Cool 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,792 posts
13,813 battles

Bored with only 3833 battles? Common join us and grind more! So you can be bored even more! :P

[USCG]
Members
473 posts
16,428 battles

I agree... Too much going on (mission wise) to keep track of what I need to do To get whatever. Throttle it back some WGing...

[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,776 posts
23,193 battles

The hell with missions I just play now when in the mood for enjoyment if I get 2 to 3 loss's in a row I call it a day until the next day...………….. 

[INTEL]
Members
11,353 posts
31,822 battles

Yeah, I've stopped paying attention to missions as well. I just don't care anymore, there are too many at the same time, can't focus.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
3,065 posts
11,675 battles

Actually, I will check them out. Sort of window shop missions. Some I choose to do, some I ignore. I remember discovering I had completed a couple that was total coincident. The Aigle, Iron Duke, Bretagne. One day was scrolling through ships and was like "Hello, what is this?" Lol 

[GLF]
Beta Testers
670 posts
13,109 battles
2 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Pretty much this ^

About the only thing I play any more is the tier 6 Operations, and maybe take out Tenryu and Yubari every now and again.

As this week is a tier 7 Op, I'm taking the week off.

There is nothing being offered that I have any interest in

Maybe if Yahagi ever gets released (not holding my breath), it might perk my interest more.

[DIV-F]
Beta Testers
62 posts
4,742 battles

i HATE the dailys due to the HAVE to win and U JUST CAN NOT win not my fault. the mm puts me in with folks that  eather do not care or have no clue how to play i play about 8 to 10 games a nite it a 8 lose or 10 lose. i have imporved my self to were i am in nthe top 5 mostly. but just can not get a win anybody have any clues

• Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,792 posts
13,813 battles

i'm only playing because;

1. i have friends to play with

2. i'm grinding the savage battle

Sinse wg destroy my favorite class [cvs] the game become bored, the only fun i have in this game is because i have friends to play with, (now) lose the last 2 battles is enough to make me want stop playing for today... but meh, friends.