Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

I see the forum is back to normal...

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
930 posts

I see that there are very few nerf CV post now and we are back to nerf DD, HE, BB AP, concealment....etc. The good old days are back as many of us predicted. 

  • Cool 9
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,686 posts
18,084 battles

I can start a new CV topic if you like,  but honestly I don't care about this game as  much I used to

 And the forum has become rather boring

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,250
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
22,987 posts
12,826 battles
20 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I thought it was because CV's have disappeared from the game again? :Smile_teethhappy:

The numbers are not quite to pre-rework levels yet but they are down by a huge amount.

7.? http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/pastrecords/20181222/na_week/average_class.html

8.3 http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190511/na_week/average_class.html

8.5 http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190713/na_week/average_class.html

The number of people playing CV's dropped by 79% between 8.3 to 8.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,455
[CRMSN]
Members
8,856 posts
9,728 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

 

The number of people playing CV's dropped by 79% between 8.3 to 8.5

R. N. Gesus heard our prayers, and the appropriate sacrifices were made. Praise R. N. Gesus!

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,250
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
22,987 posts
12,826 battles
7 minutes ago, Not_Taking_my_Cents said:

R. N. Gesus heard our prayers, and the appropriate sacrifices were made. Praise R. N. Gesus!

A 79% drop is a sure sign that they screwed up.

  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,884
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,597 posts
23,639 battles
42 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I thought it was because CV's have disappeared from the game again? :Smile_teethhappy:

First answer speaks the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,164
[WOLFG]
Members
7,065 posts
5,064 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A 79% drop is a sure sign that they screwed up.

And likely means they are going to change some things going forward.

This rollercoaster ride isn't finished.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,250
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
22,987 posts
12,826 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

And likely means they are going to change some things going forward.

This rollercoaster ride isn't finished.

I would hope they would and they should have done far more to reverse the decline in hot fixes.

No, the rollercoaster is just getting going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
185
[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
746 posts
10,610 battles
57 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

I see that there are very few nerf CV post now and we are back to nerf DD, HE, BB AP, concealment....etc. The good old days are back as many of us predicted. 

Saving it up for the coming Submarine hate. :fish_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,137 posts
9,583 battles
1 minute ago, Viper069 said:

Saving it up for the coming Submarine hate. :fish_viking:

Only if they want the player base to shrink even more.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,113
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,816 posts
13,870 battles

The forum alread have the win war vs cvs, now its need nerf everthing! DDs and HE are the next one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,250
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
22,987 posts
12,826 battles
4 minutes ago, Viper069 said:

Saving it up for the coming Submarine hate. :fish_viking:

That will be epic and will make the CV brouhaha look like a church social.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,025 posts
4,912 battles
37 minutes ago, Not_Taking_my_Cents said:

R. N. Gesus heard our prayers, and the appropriate sacrifices were made. Praise R. N. Gesus!

Bring in the submarines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

FYI. The first two are week averages with the last one being the 2-month average. CV population goes up by about 10% from the first link to the second link.

Here is, what I believe, to be a more accurate snapshot of the CV population (dates are hyperlinked to source on maplesuryp's website):

  04/27/2019  
  PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 59,611 6,766,723
CA 63,926 7,402,854
CV 10,911 1,118,587
DD 37,522 4,116,243
TOTAL 171,970 19,404,407

You can see that in terms of player count, CV make up 6.34% of the population and 5.78% of total battles played. CV population doubled over a year and we lost a good amount of players from 04/28/2018.

04/28/2018 PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 70,151 8,129,507
CA 66,224 7,326,844
CV 5,793 542,444
DD 42,663 4,719,036
TOTAL 184,831 20,717,831

These are both 2-month snapshots. CVs make up 3.13% of players and 2.62% of battles. Looking at most stat snapshots, CVs have always made up around 4-6% of total battles played/population. I would argue that CV usage is still within the norm.

 

CV population has gone down, naturally happens when a perceived OP ship gets nerfed but there was a massive uptick in CVs after the changes from RTS to what we have now. It ebbs and flows but CVs still make up around 5% of the population:

07/13/2019 PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 18,530 458,901
CA 15,597 381,847
CV 2,061 45,326
DD 10,893 269,916
TOTAL 47,081 1,155,990

CVs make up 4.3% of players and 3.92% of battles.

04/27/2019 PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 17,707 427,381
CA 18,418 453,091
CV 4,489 108,635
DD 11,019 266,814
TOTAL 51,633 1,255,921

 

CVs make up 8.69% of players and 8.65% of battles.

There is a CV drop, but I'd argue that it's still within the normal value for CVs.

Side rant:

CVs have become more challenging so I'd argue that people who used them to stat pad have abandoned the class and have moved on to the next OP ship/class. However, even with the damage reduction, CVs are still some of the easiest ships to use and be the most influential. I'll put my own (bad) stats on the line to support this argument:

image.thumb.png.e17c0a8e29e0df94baedfa09f2cc9044.png

- Source

I've only been back from the game for approximately 2 months and are still having to relearn all the mechanics of the game. Yet, CVs are so simple and influential that the only thing I needed to learn was how to minimize losses and timing on dropping DBs. Which is why I argue that CVs are a broken class and not necessarily an OP/UP class.

Edit: me no spell good

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by 10T0nHammer
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[BS]
Members
1,859 posts
9,456 battles

They nerfed CV's for the upcoming French DD line release. Who would buy 200$ of crates if CV's were pre0.8.5 strength, buzzing around DD's constantly? DD's without smoke to boot! They wanted the CV population to drop off temporarily. It's called a metamorphic profit model. CV's will be buffed when the French crates leave the premium shop.

 

That whole IFHE change is to set up future profit points, might have something to do with the italian cruiser :-P

EJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,250
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
22,987 posts
12,826 battles
4 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

FYI. The first two are week averages with the last one being the 2-month average. CV population goes up by about 10% from the first link to the second link.

Here is, what I believe, to be a more accurate snapshot of CV population (dates are hyperlinked to source on maplesuryp's website):

 

  04/27/2019  
  PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 59,611 6,766,723
CA 63,926 7,402,854
CV 10,911 1,118,587
DD 37,522 4,116,243
TOTAL 171,970 19,404,407

You can see that on terms of player count, CV make up 6.34% of the population and 5.78% of total battles played. CV population doubled over a year and we lost a good amount of players from 04/28/2018.

 

04/28/2018 PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 70,151 8,129,507
CA 66,224 7,326,844
CV 5,793 542,444
DD 42,663 4,719,036
TOTAL 184,831 20,717,831

These are both 2 month snapshots. CVs make up 3.13% of players and 2.62% of battles. Looking at most stat snapshots, CVs have always made up around 4-6% of total battles played/population. I would argue that CV usage is still within the norm.

 

CV population has gone down, naturally happens when a perceived OP ship gets nerfed but there was a massive uptick in CVs after the changes from RTS to what we have now. It ebbs and flows but CVs still make up around 5% of the population:

 

07/13/2019 PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 18,530 458,901
CA 15,597 381,847
CV 2,061 45,326
DD 10,893 269,916
TOTAL 47,081 1,155,990

CVs make up 4.3% of players and 3.92% of battles.

 

04/27/2019 PLAYERS BATTLES
BB 17,707 427,381
CA 18,418 453,091
CV 4,489 108,635
DD 11,019 266,814
TOTAL 51,633 1,255,921

 

CVs make up 8.69% of players and 8.65% of battles.

There is a CV drop, but I'd argue that it's still within the normal value for CVs.

Side rant:

CVs have become more challenging so I'd argue that people who used them to stat pad have abandoned the class and have moved on to the next OP ship/class. However, even with the damage reduction, CVs are still some of the easiest ships to use and be the most influential. I'll put my own (bad) stats on the line to support this argument:

image.thumb.png.e17c0a8e29e0df94baedfa09f2cc9044.png

- Source

I've only been back from the game for approxamely 2 months and are still having to relearn all the mechanics of the game. Yet, CVs are so simple and infuential that the only thing I needed to learn was how to minimize losses and timing on dropping DBs. Which is why I argue that CVs are a broken class and not necessarily an OP/UP class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

All three are one week averages which I feel tell the story best.

On the more challenging part we now have rts level plane losses without rts alpha strike power, that turned off a lot of people for CV's. CV's before the 8.4 + 8.5 double whammy were really only over powered in the hands of top players aka unicums and there is no way to reduce their power that doesn't impact the lesser players in increasing amounts as you go down the line. They did change Survivability expert for planes pretty much making it required for CV captains but without a free reset those that don't have it need to spend doubloons which cost real money which also turns people off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

All three are one week averages which I feel tell the story best.

On the more challenging part we now have rts level plane losses without rts alpha strike power, that turned off a lot of people for CV's. CV's before the 8.4 + 8.5 double whammy were really only over powered in the hands of top players aka unicums and there is no way to reduce their power that doesn't impact the lesser players in increasing amounts as you go down the line. They did change Survivability expert for planes pretty much making it required for CV captains but without a free reset those that don't have it need to spend doubloons which cost real money which also turns people off.

We'll see how 8.6 will affects CVs. It isn't so much a nerf as it is a change on how AA will apply damage. I am in the boat that the new AA changes will make CVs easier to fly. Instead of taking massive damage per tick, it will be a slow build (instead of losing half a squad in 2-3 ticks, with massive damage per tick) so you'll have more time to react to AA (losing half a squad over 10 ticks with less damage per tick) shredding your planes. I'll be keeping an eye on those stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
824 posts
5,160 battles
30 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

All three are one week averages which I feel tell the story best.

On the more challenging part we now have rts level plane losses without rts alpha strike power, that turned off a lot of people for CV's. CV's before the 8.4 + 8.5 double whammy were really only over powered in the hands of top players aka unicums and there is no way to reduce their power that doesn't impact the lesser players in increasing amounts as you go down the line. They did change Survivability expert for planes pretty much making it required for CV captains but without a free reset those that don't have it need to spend doubloons which cost real money which also turns people off.

I think it’s rediculous and “other swear words” that so many people expect CVs to be even on avg damage with BBs ontop of all the other insane benefits and stats they already get.  Including their innate survivability and insane spotting. 

 

Of course the opportunists quit now that the unavoidable damage farming train is over.

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,174
[TARK]
Members
4,290 posts
1,636 battles
15 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

We'll see how 8.6 will affects CVs. It isn't so much a nerf as it is a change on how AA will apply damage. I am in the boat that the new AA changes will make CVs easier to fly. Instead of taking massive damage per tick, it will be a slow build (instead of losing half a squad in 2-3 ticks, with massive damage per tick) so you'll have more time to react to AA (losing half a squad over 10 ticks with less damage per tick) shredding your planes. I'll be keeping an eye on those stats.

Nope.

Instead of boosting through the long and mid range aura before it gets a chance to hit you...it will be hitting you constantly.

Nominal value is ALWAYS greater than 0.

0.8.6 is yet another AA buff that WG thinks is a scalpel but is really another sledgehammer.

By the time 0.8.7 rolls around, we will be back to RTS levels of carrier population. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
7,307 posts
3,248 battles
4 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Nope.

Instead of boosting through the long and mid range aura before it gets a chance to hit you...it will be hitting you constantly.

Nominal value is ALWAYS greater than 0.

0.8.6 is yet another AA buff that WG thinks is a scalpel but is really another sledgehammer.

By the time 0.8.7 rolls around, we will be back to RTS levels of carrier population. 

Guess you just gotta adapt. I still manage a 60% solo win rate in "dead" CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,250
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
22,987 posts
12,826 battles
4 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I think it’s rediculous and “other swear words” that so many people expect CVs to be even on avg damage with BBs ontop of all the other insane benefits and stats they already get.  Including their 

 

Of course the opportunists quit now that the unavoidable damage farming train is over.

They were BB damage level with the ability to nuke most ships in a single attack.

Unavoidable damage like a CL sitting untouchable behind an island damage farming?

Maybe you should spend more time in your CV's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,174
[TARK]
Members
4,290 posts
1,636 battles
4 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

Guess you just gotta adapt. I still manage a 60% solo win rate in "dead" CVs.

I manage > 50% too...

...but I was never a damage farming captain (old USN RTS AS captain).

The trouble is that WG seems to want CV captains to be focused on damage farming...but then they design the game to make it too difficult.

Its maddeningly incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
824 posts
5,160 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They were BB damage level with the ability to nuke most ships in a single attack.

Unavoidable damage like a CL sitting untouchable behind an island damage farming?

Maybe you should spend more time in your CV's.

Ohh you mean the CV you can get away from by going dark?  Or you can get away from by driving away?  Or you can simply not position yourself so far forward that they can reach you without someone else putting pressure on them?

 

 

There are ample ways and opportunities to deal with an island camper.  You should know that.  You should also know that HE spammers in no way compare to CVs who you could not get away from until the AA change. 

Edited by eviltane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[KAPPA]
Members
1,227 posts
6,943 battles

I'm largely down to playing only Lexington and Kaga, with the way AA is right now, even in co-op where I live. Kaga has the reserves to still get through, and Lexington isn't quite as good with AA, but still has the best tier for tier punch of the CVs I have right now. The entire IJN line, plus RN CVs up to tier 8 (that's as far as I got), USN CVs below tier 8, and GZ have all been tossed into mothballs for the time being, they just can't handle the plane losses or deal out enough damage fast enough to be viable in the 5-10 minute battles of co-op where bots travel in groups that tend to form AA deathballs. Even then, when playing Lex and Kaga I am draining credits and have to be careful to not drain too much, at least on my US/Allies account for sure. It's dirt poor compared to my IJN/Axis account and can't handle too many unprofitable battles too quickly. I do think AA still needs tweaking to find a balance point between satisfying the gunboats and letting enough planes get through to let CV players do something. I'd honestly like the ability to fight for air superiority back. I may have been garbage at the old RTS CVs, but that was one thing I always tried to prioritize, protecting my team from the enemy CV first, then trying to do some damage of my own. It's how CVs work in reality, and it would give us something to do while we wait for the AA boats to thin out. If they could just come up with a system that makes it work and not be entirely RNG based, I'd bet it would do wonders for the complaints about CVs. I think removing the capability of establishing air superiority was the single biggest mistake of the whole rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×