You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PrairiePlayer

Summer Sale

18 comments in this topic

[CK5]
Members
1,151 posts
10,623 battles

I am almost tempted to get the Krasny Krym for $7.99 to make sure I don't get it in a future Christmas box or other drop.  

• Funny 6

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
674 posts

lol read so many are in that same line of thought, maybe that's their plan ...

Members
1,850 posts
16,108 battles

You know the first ship that will be dropped in a X-mas crate will be KK - so creative avoidance by minimizing the cost may be a viable strategy...

[REEF]
Beta Testers
874 posts
9,797 battles

Yes, I was very stupid and when I got a ship I didn't want I sold it.  So, I ended up getting several ships twice!  I just wanted to scream!  :cap_horn:

I just went and bought the KK and the Yubari.

Edited by FlashTX1
Update

Members
487 posts
3,765 battles

Yeah, it works, I did that before the Christmas crates last year. I purchased some of the less expensive ships when they were on sale.  The 99 cent sale was great for this.

Members
5,397 posts
3,213 battles

By far the most pitiful summer "sale" I've seen. Literally just WG unashamedly pushing their most garbage premiums on sale or in bundles.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BS]
Members
1,847 posts
9,415 battles

I got 3 Krasny krym's and 4 Monaghan's from 2018 christmas crates, it seriously pissed me off. It's like it chose the cheapest ships to limit my doubloon payout. (i had every ship possible to get)

Members
1,259 posts
15,961 battles

So you're going to spend an extra $2.99 to prevent getting something in a $5 Santa Crate.

OoohKaay... Doesn't make sense to me but what ever floats your boat.

Members
1,336 posts

I am completely lost by this $7.99 Krazy Krem...... Are they paying me $7.99?

I think it is a fair deal if I am being paid $7.99 to have Krispy Kreme take up a Port Slot....Do I 

1. Have to put a Captain on her?

2.  Do I have to play her? If so how many times?

3. $7.99 is that cash or credit for a future purchase?

4.  When can I sell her for credits? 

Are there any planned Krespy Krem events?    Perhaps...

1.  Camo your Kremo -  Best looking Camo!

2.  Nothing but Krem ---- Events where you must bring Kraspy Kreme...

3. Operations where you can only bring Krispy Creme (Sorry running out of nick names)

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles
1 minute ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

So you're going to spend an extra $2.99 to prevent getting something in a $5 Santa Crate.

It may sound like false economy, but what he's doing is locking out what some would see as the worst possible choice and forcing the selector algorithms to give him something of far greater value (if it issues him a ship at all).

I can see that being worth the extra money to some people. And in the meantime, who knows? If he's got a suitable captain for it (and the Russian gunboat captains can be quite suitable if you go the full BFT, AFT, yada yada all guns all the time build), it might be just the thing to lay down the hurt in co-op and maybe even in Randoms. He might actually enjoy it.

I'm highly tempted to get it myself, but that's because I have a Russian DD captain that's working towards such a build who ironically used to captain my Svietlana. He'd be perfect to stick in the KK for a bit of co-op fun.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,701 posts
13,065 battles

I bought Krasny Krym the other day.  I, uh, actually kind of like it so far! :Smile_hiding:

[USCN]
Beta Testers
2,776 posts
23,220 battles
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I am almost tempted to get the Krasny Krym for $7.99 to make sure I don't get it in a future Christmas box or other drop.  

I enjoy play her if played right , I  even have a 19 point captain on her. She is a good DD killer and burns them there BB at distance when I'm hiding as well

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles
2 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Are there any planned Krespy Krem events? 

Promo tie-in with Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Buy a box of so many, get a code for an alternative permacamo that is doughnut-themed. :Smile_hiding: To make it more desirable, add in a captain or free XP bonus to differentiate it from the usual one.

[WOLFB]
Members
213 posts
6,321 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Promo tie-in with Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Buy a box of so many, get a code for an alternative permacamo that is doughnut-themed. :Smile_hiding: To make it more desirable, add in a captain or free XP bonus to differentiate it from the usual one.

Maybe they could cut a deal with the Simpsons franchise and get Homer as the captain? They could use the voice work too - Doh! It would go with the doughnut camo.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,156 posts
9,917 battles
10 minutes ago, Geococcyx said:

They could use the voice work too - Doh!

Run aground? D'oh!

Torped a team-mate? D'oh!

Went broadside to a BB and got dev-struck or detonated? D'oh!

:Smile_teethhappy: