You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

97 comments in this topic

Members
80 posts

Tired of BB's getting lucky with max shots that kill me in 1 hit or take 50% of my health while ONLY hitting the very front of my ship. This game is almost dead as it is figure another year of this biased game mechanics and noone but hardcare people will be playing it....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 8
  • Angry 2

[SIDE]
Members
2,631 posts
2 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Tired of BB's getting lucky with max shots that kill me in 1 hit or take 50% of my health while ONLY hitting the very front of my ship. This game is almost dead as it is figure another year of this biased game mechanics and noone but hardcare people will be playing it....

Such is the life of Omaha and Nurnburg. Most other ships aren’t quite like that. Well, dev strikes and detonations happen to every single ship from time to time.

Just Dodge Bro.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Funny 1

Members
1,112 posts

And...it might get worst very soon. What you have to understand my friend is that some BB drivers in this Forum consider themselves victims of cruisers and DD.  

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
3,075 posts
11,694 battles
25 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Hi, what ships are you sailing? Is it cruisers? Destroyers?

Most lower tier cruisers are susceptible to taking BB shots pretty hard. If you know your going to take a hit a slight angle is the better than head on. Does your cruiser have smoke available? Try to use islands to hide behind. I know this sounds elementary but practice surviving and not getting hit. Survival is very important. The longer you live the more you can contribute to a win.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[KNCOL]
Members
619 posts
1,604 battles
9 minutes ago, loco_max said:

And...it might get worst very soon. What you have to understand my friend is that some BB drivers in this Forum consider themselves victims of cruisers and DD.  

The whole community thinks they are victims of something not just one part of it

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
6,982 posts
5,011 battles
10 minutes ago, loco_max said:

Some are.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,855 battles
18 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

LOL game is doing just fine.

You have barely scratched the surface. Any way perhaps you should try these OP Battleships for your self. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,681 posts
20 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

This game is almost dead as it is figure another year of this biased game mechanics and noone but hardcare people will be playing it....

Lol.

The game has been around a long time and people have been saying that for "fun" I guess since about open beta.  It will be around and just fine in another 4 years.

You are brand new, which is fine, welcome!  There is a lot more to this game than meets the eye though.  It's more complicated than it looks and learning armor thicknesses,  where the armor is, angleing etc etc etc, will make the difference between winning and losing.

Members
1,259 posts
15,967 battles
13 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL game is doing just fine.

You have barely scratched the surface. Any way perhaps you should try these OP Battleships for your self. 

Well he could try BBs... but... wouldn't he be here complaining about invisible ships and unlimited torpedo reloads instead.:Smile_child:

[O7]
Members
1,774 posts
16,027 battles
36 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

BB's don't get lucky most of the time, it sounds like you are just not paying attention to incoming fire. There are a LOT of reasons to quit, many good players quit because the game does not reward skill as it used to, but getting deleted is just something that happens to new and/or bad players, just learn from it and improve, the game is not difficult at the end of the day to a man who pays attention.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,855 battles
6 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Well he could try BBs... but... wouldn't he be here complaining about invisible ships and unlimited torpedo reloads instead.:Smile_child:

Yes very likely. Not even sure if opp is a ligit player. Seems like a very trollish post.

Looked up the op's other threads and yeah..... not sure if we could save him if we tried. 

[O7]
Members
1,774 posts
16,027 battles
34 minutes ago, loco_max said:

Cruisers are the strongest surface ships especially at high tier, so technically you could say BB drivers would be right about that. But anyone who only plays a single class doesn't understand enough to give a reasonable opinion on it

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[187]
Members
1,625 posts
9,523 battles
33 minutes ago, loco_max said:

Victims?

I am the cure...

repub.thumb.jpg.dcb8ef40d4089d0fdddcda41eadc02b0.jpg

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
8,625 posts
15,496 battles

The game is easy to learn but hard to master. To be in the Navy, you have to survive boot camp, then go to some A schools, before you truly get on a ship. Not every one makes it.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
8,554 posts
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes very likely. Not even sure if opp is a ligit player. Seems like a very trollish post.

The game is very rough to new players thanks to the over-reliance on spike-damage mechanics; BB's get blamped by walls of Clubsome torps. CA/CL's get 1 shotted by BB's. CV's get snuck up on by DD's (again we're talking LOW tiers here). And DD's get blasted by cruisers that get close enough to land a full salvo of HE. All of these are obviously avoidable... if you have hundreds of games to recognize both how and why these happen. Most games don't have such a steep learning curve though and that's why WoWs has player retention issues.

[-BRS-]
Members
938 posts
34,785 battles
1 minute ago, Kebobstuzov said:

BB's don't get lucky most of the time, it sounds like you are just not paying attention to incoming fire. There are a LOT of reasons to quit, many good players quit because the game does not reward skill as it used to, but getting deleted is just something that happens to new and/or bad players, just learn from it and improve, the game is not difficult at the end of the day to a man who pays attention.

Very much so. Also this thread reminds me of good idea somebody mentioned on the forum earlier - mentors and tutoring. If WG would add this as convenient feature - something like wait in queue as tutor for T2,3 CL/DD with as low reward as one school camo for match and some kind of feedback available to rank tutors and promote them...

this might be good for game in general 

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,855 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

The game is very rough to new players thanks to the over-reliance on spike-damage mechanics; BB's get blamped by walls of Clubsome torps. CA/CL's get 1 shotted by BB's. CV's get snuck up on by DD's (again we're talking LOW tiers here). And DD's get blasted by cruisers that get close enough to land a full salvo of HE. All of these are obviously avoidable... if you have hundreds of games to recognize both how and why these happen. Most games don't have such a steep learning curve though and that's why WoWs has player retention issues.

Yeah I mostly agree with you. There is a learning curve to WOWS but in my opinion it is not that steep as far as the world of PC games go. Probably just below medium difficulty. The reality is that every game ever made is too difficult for some one. You need to find you comfort zone and have fun. If WOWS was any easier I would not be that interested but that is just me and players like me. Everyone has their own threshold. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
24,802 posts
6,142 battles
43 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Such is the life of Omaha and Nurnburg. Most other ships aren’t quite like that. Well, dev strikes and detonations happen to every single ship from time to time.

Just Dodge Bro.

I wonder if part of the problem is him trying to get in close and use the torps on those ships, when they're really just for opportunity shots.

Members
231 posts
79 battles
56 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

So instead of learning what you're doing wrong, you give up?  There are players (that are playing solo) that have performance histories in the exact same ships you're playing over 4 times greater than the production you're doing and they aren't cheating or even using mods.  So by simple deductive reasoning, at some point your brain has to reach the conclusion, "Gee they are doing something different or know things about the game I haven't learned yet and maybe instead of emotionally shutting down at the slightest level of stress and retreat to my safe space, I'll put on my big boy pants, man up, grow some confidence, and post a replay video or two because I have enough self esteem to handle constructive criticism and advice from the player community."

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GOB]
Members
892 posts

152  Battles................  You could be in a T10 BB and play all T5s and get owned with that little experience.   This isn't a game you get good at it 100 or even 1000 battles.  MAYBE 10,000  . Looking for immediate gratification so soon is not going to go well.

Also MANY top players have abandoned the higher tiers and are playing T4 through 7 now.  and with 19 pt captains and tones of experience.  Give yourself time.

Col Out

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
2,631 posts
29 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I wonder if part of the problem is him trying to get in close and use the torps on those ships, when they're really just for opportunity shots.

Might be. Depends if it’s a primary account with accurate battle count or a downvote mining alt act. If it’s genuine then, yeah, bad business to get that close in those boats.