Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

change appearance of camo?

8 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
752 posts
9,105 battles

This has probably been discussed somewhere before, but I must not be typing the correct magic words in the search box.  I'm wondering if there is a setting I could change that would make a funky looking camo just appear "normal," so I don't have to look at it while I'm playing.  I have 799 fuel tokens, so I will be getting Benham tonight, and I'd rather not be stuck looking at the savage battles camo all the time.  Not a big deal.  Just a minor irritant.  Certainly not enough to forgo the economic benefits or throw down 4000 doubloons to get the regular camo.  Thanks in advance if anyone has the answer.

[5BS]
Members
8,554 posts

Only with mods. Otherwise the only 'alternate camo (to a particular type) is with certain nations, when unlocked from a collection, can shift the color scheme of certain camos (typically the basic, stat's only, ones and default premium camos) that don't necessarily make the ship look 'normal' by which I assume you mean basically just the naked gunmetal grey. There are a few ships with a few premium camos that approximate that appearance, like Hood, some of the French Cruisers, Missouri, ect but they are the abnorm.

Edited by _RC1138

[WHARF]
Members
182 posts
14,754 battles
52 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

This has probably been discussed somewhere before, but I must not be typing the correct magic words in the search box.  I'm wondering if there is a setting I could change that would make a funky looking camo just appear "normal," so I don't have to look at it while I'm .  I have 799 fuel tokens, so I will be getting Benham tonight, and I'd rather not be stuck looking at the savage battles camo all the time.  Not a big deal.  Just a minor irritant.  Certainly not enough to forgo the economic benefits or throw down 4000 doubloons to get the regular camo.  Thanks in advance if anyone has the answer.

hey...you wont have to use the savage camo...you can remove it ..just like all the camo in the game

[O_O]
Members
5,702 posts
13,076 battles

Benham comes with two camo...one is the Post Apocalyptic, and one is a regular camo.  But, both have the same bonuses.

• Cool 1

[SAVAG]
Members
637 posts
57 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Only with mods. Otherwise the only 'alternate camo (to a particular type) is with certain nations, when unlocked from a collection, can shift the color scheme of certain camos (typically the basic, stat's only, ones and default premium camos) that don't necessarily make the ship look 'normal' by which I assume you mean basically just the naked gunmetal grey. There are a few ships with a few premium camos that approximate that appearance, like Hood, some of the French Cruisers, Missouri, ect but they are the abnorm.

I believe there is an option on your main port bottom right corner to remove special camo. And just run stock . Then again I gave up on the Benham cause if time constraints . Heck I may not even get the Hill either.

Meh oh well. Not dropping cash on these .

[5BS]
Members
8,554 posts
11 minutes ago, Versili said:

I believe there is an option on your main port bottom right corner to remove special camo. And just run stock .

Yes but the camos are actually removed, as in cannot be applied while that setting is enabled.That means the bonuses attached to it are off as well. And it sounds to me like he more likely wants a 'naked' ship, with the stats-bonuses; naked in the sense that is just the pure gun-metal grey, not any type of appreciable camo scheme (akin to the Measure 22/23).

Edited by _RC1138

[DOG]
Members
752 posts
9,105 battles
16 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Yes but the camos are actually removed, as in cannot be applied while that setting is enabled.That means the bonuses attached to it are off as well. And it sounds to me like he more likely wants a 'naked' ship, with the stats-bonuses; naked in the sense that is just the pure gun-metal grey, not any type of appreciable camo scheme (akin to the Measure 22/23).

Yeah, this basically.  I don't care if it has some kind of camo.  I just don't want something so garish it's distracting me while I'm trying to play.  Also, I want to be able to view destroyed AA guns, although that's maybe not such a big deal on a DD.  If you've got enough damage that it's visible, you're probably about to die anyway.

32 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Benham comes with two camo...one is the Post Apocalyptic, and one is a regular camo.  But, both have the same bonuses.

Cool.  That will work.

Thanks, folks.

[SAVAG]
Members
637 posts
5 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Hmm interesting . WG and their logic . That really sucks m8.

Sign in to follow this