TheURLGuy

French Destroyers Event: the Full Guide

102 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
23,384 posts
23,974 battles
2 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

its everything put together thats a pita  need to get this currency to buy this stuff to unlock this other thing that you need this other  currency to finish ?do  i still need doubloons ? how much? 

Just want to play some pixel boats why do i need to a dictionary, a high school diploma and a doctorate in abstract algebra to figure out wth i need to pay WG to win or maybe get some french DD's? 

Ah, now that's a different discussion, i.e. how to EARN the French DD currency.  I was speaking exclusively about how easy it really should be to understand that the names of event currencies really should NOT be difficult for anyone playing this game to deal with.  A name's just a name.

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,283 battles
8 hours ago, Kreigspelar said:

It would have been nice to have gotten a play first in Pub Test. Why didn't that happen since it was called French Destroyers, hmmmmm?

Well it's consistent with past releases.  Other than CV's where they were testing out the rework, they don't often put ships soon to be released, but not yet available on the live server on the test server.  

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,283 battles
3 hours ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Jeebus my head hurts . Wargaming please add more currencies and objectives and walls.  Confusion apparently equals fun to you ......

For headache relief, just remember this. 

These are tech tree ships which will appear as researchable vessels in a few weeks.  Only the impatient need over stress about this. 

• Cool 3

[ENCOM]
Members
73 posts
5,809 battles
4 hours ago, Silisquish said:

Yes it mentioned somewhere that it's once for the entire update, which means the primary source of tokens will be this:

You might be thinking, hey that's great! I just need to get my hands on those French destroyers!

One problem: they don't just hand them to you; this is how you get them:

I imagine that the premium French DD container will have the same chance, same uncertain possibility or impossibility, of unlocking these ships - ships that you need to earn enough tokens for their own premium camos or for those special bundles. Ships that you need to actually test them out and decide for yourself if you want to play them when they arrive in the tech tree... ships whose very existence is the enitre theme of the next two upcoming patches.. ships that you may not even get if you're unlucky 

WHY WG NEVER SAY WHAT ARE THE CHANCES ON REGULAR AND PREMIUM CONTAINERS???

I SUSPECT THEY ARE SO LOW THAT WOULD MAKE RUN AWAY EVERYBODY.

BESIDE THAT HOW CAN SOMEBODY EVALUATE IF ITS WORTH TO GO PREMIUM RATHER THEN REGULAR CONTAINER IF DOESN'T KNOW HOW MUCH IS THE SO CALLED "BETTER" CHANCE???

I GUESS IT IS ALSO SO SMALL NOBODY WOULD BUY PREMIUMS.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,706 posts
22,019 battles
21 minutes ago, alphapn said:

BESIDE THAT HOW CAN SOMEBODY EVALUATE IF ITS WORTH TO GO PREMIUM RATHER THEN REGULAR CONTAINER IF DOESN'T KNOW HOW MUCH IS THE SO CALLED "BETTER" CHANCE???

Not posting the odds of different prizes from containers will be the undoing of Loot Boxes in all gaming titles. Eventually enough people will get fed up, complain to government, and we will start getting regulation. It is pretty stupid too since people know ahead of time what the odds of winning the various lotteries are and yet they still buy tickets. It is just laughable that companies like to brag about how "transparent" they are and yet do silly stuff like this that proves that to be a lie. When regulation comes to online games, the companies can only blame themselves for what happens after that. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
786 posts
12,409 battles
55 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

For headache relief, just remember this. 

These are tech tree ships which will appear as researchable vessels in a few weeks.  Only the impatient need over stress about this. 

I didnt get to be this much of a high tier potato by playing my way through these lines . I buy my way to the top. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
137 posts
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not posting the odds of different prizes from containers will be the undoing of Loot Boxes in all gaming titles. Eventually enough people will get fed up, complain to government, and we will start getting regulation. It is pretty stupid too since people know ahead of time what the odds of winning the various lotteries are and yet they still buy tickets. It is just laughable that companies like to brag about how "transparent" they are and yet do silly stuff like this that proves that to be a lie. When regulation comes to online games, the companies can only blame themselves for what happens after that. 

That's the only thing that troubles me is that the odds are hidden.  PWE/Cryptic used to list the odds at one time but dont know if they still do since it's been a while playing one of their games. I am more shocked a company wouldnt let the odds be known unless there is something to hide.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
3,599 posts
8,314 battles

So to clarify, the steps you need to go through to all the content are:

1. Finish directives and combat missions to get containers which have a chance of giving out combat missions for the tier 5-8 French destroyers.
  2. Finish said missions and receive said French destroyers.
  3. Finish xp-related combat missions with the French destroyers to earn Republic tokens.
  4. Use said Republic tokens earned (and those from the Symbols of France) to obtain enough tokens to purchase either the bundles for Mogador or the perma-camos.

I am rather confused about Bayard though—there's no mention of how to get this tier 8 cruiser on the WoWs website.

How many tokens are earnable in total (without opening the wallet)?

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
673 posts
6,319 battles
10 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I am rather confused about Bayard though—there's no mention of how to get this tier 8 cruiser on the WoWs website.

She's probably going to hit the premium shop on next update. Method of acquisition: opening up that wallet of yours and letting WG have a go at her.

10 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

How many tokens are earnable in total (without opening the wallet)?

up to 1,250 if you're lucky enough to get all 4 tech tree  DDs, and you complete the mission for the T5 premium DD. Add to that whatever token you can earn from winning a battle one time in all of your qualifying ships, which, unless you have a bunch of ships, really won't get you that many tokens.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/french-destroyers-the-full-guide/

Have you obtained flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 V Jaguarflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VI Guépardflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VII Vauquelinflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VIII Le Fantasque, or flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab V Siroco? Complete a one-time combat mission for each of the ships to earn 15,000 XP and 250 Republic Tokens as a reward. A similar mission is available for completion for Premium cruiser flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 VIII Bayard.

Ship Class Tier Resource Amount
Premium and special X Republic Tokens 20
IX 20
VIII 15
VII 10
VI Coal 400
V 300
II–IV 200
Researchable ships and early access ships X Republic Tokens 15
IX 15
VIII 10
VII 5
VI Coal 300
V 200

Bonuses can be obtained for a victory in any battle type, except for Clan or Training Battles. If your base XP in the post-battle statistics is zero, you won’t receive a bonus for the victorious battle, but you'll be able to get it when you win the next battle on the ship.

Symbols of France will also appear on ships that were purchased, repurchased, or obtained from containers during Update 0.8.6.

Please note: you can get a bonus for each ship only once during Update 0.8.6.

Edited by Silisquish

[AR]
Members
108 posts
2,365 battles

The amount of grinding I have to do to earn simple rewards like mediocre ships is inversely proportional to the amount of money Im going to be spending on this game.

In laymen's terms, if you keep requiring me to grind several hours a day for a month to get a single ship reward or pay upwards of $200 in crates, my faith in the game decreases and my desire to play decreases which means the amount of my money you get decreases. 

It feels like every new game "event" is expressly designed only to extract money at this point and the amount of fun being rewarded for the money or time investment is way off.

Im still going to play, but Im going to be spending much less money from now on and Im going to be opting out of events with an insane grind rate like this French DD or the Benham. It probably wont make a difference but hopefully enough people start doing this that you guys re-examine what makes your game fun and reconsider how you get people to spend money.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
673 posts
6,319 battles
4 minutes ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

Do tokens come in the cereal box of French Flake. where do we get it

Well, first you have to frost your flakes by playing a few arctic-themed maps

2 minutes ago, EmojiSupreme said:

if you keep requiring me to grind several hours a day for a month to get a single ship reward or pay upwards of $200 in crates, my faith in the game decreases and my desire to play decreases

Well the good news is with this event you can't even grind your way to success; it's all left to chance, really. If you're lucky enough to get the actual DDs, then great! Everything else should be easy. If not, well then there's nothing you can do (other than throw money at the problem by buying premium containers)

Edited by Silisquish

[DD214]
Members
795 posts
30,261 battles

So, do the folks still upset with FR since the Bush II era call them Freedom Flakes?

• Funny 2

[R-F2]
Beta Testers
1,780 posts
20,184 battles

With the 106(II-X) Premiums and all of the 131 (V-X)regular tech tree French Flake ships I can get up to 28,600 Coal and 1745 Tokens if I win a game in each. haven't added the French DD,s or new reward ships though.

Edited by Dah_Bears268

[SALVO]
Members
23,384 posts
23,974 battles
14 hours ago, alphapn said:

STOP YELLING!!!

• Boring 1

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,283 battles
17 hours ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I didnt get to be this much of a high tier potato by playing my way through these lines . I buy my way to the top. 

Ok soooo ... self induced headache then. :Smile_Default:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,138 posts
14,073 battles

Love this event. Please do all of the pre-release events like this.

So refreshing to not have to grind. The rewards are nice and can be fun to go for if you enjoy the grind, nice to see some free doubloons up for grabs. The great thing for this event is no pressure. Love it. Nice to have a break from the Rouge Wave event. Now that was a grind.

• Cool 2

Members
9 posts

Does this mean there is no stupid event associated with French DDs.....y'know the one where people are encouraged not to play the low tiers?? When the French BBs came out it was a cool way of launching them but the novelty soon wore out as most players were able to have a tier 9 or 10 after the event and completely skip the lower teirs.......which is detrimental to gameplay etc etc blah blah.

Hmm ok just read the news info...another event designed to get players to high tiers fast....pretty dumb move in my opinion WG.....you take the fun out of the grinding/playing.

Sad that you don't seem to see what you are doing to the game WG.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
301 posts
8,487 battles

I'm okay with this event, since I'm just going to take it relatively easy and not grind every day like I have for the Benham (can't wait to get it tomorrow once I'm done). I'm not going to stress over the chance to get early access to tech tree ships. For the last few ship lines that had early access crates, I got missions for up to Tier 6 with the French BBs, Tier 7 with the RN DDs, and Tier 5 with the Russian BBs for roughly the same number of crates each time. It's a crap shoot so just be thankful if you get even one mission out of 30 containers (roughly a 5% chance). 

I am looking forward to playing my old ships for coal and tokens - I don't even consider them a grind. It's the one aspect of these events that I like as it gives me a reason to play all 132 ships currently in my Port.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,283 battles
On 7/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, EmojiSupreme said:

The amount of grinding I have to do to earn simple rewards like mediocre ships is inversely proportional to the amount of money Im going to be spending on this game.

In laymen's terms, if you keep requiring me to grind several hours a day for a month to get a single ship reward or pay upwards of $200 in crates, my faith in the game decreases and my desire to play decreases which means the amount of my money you get decreases. 

It feels like every new game "event" is expressly designed only to extract money at this point and the amount of fun being rewarded for the money or time investment is way off.

Im still going to play, but Im going to be spending much less money from now on and Im going to be opting out of events with an insane grind rate like this French DD or the Benham. It probably wont make a difference but hopefully enough people start doing this that you guys re-examine what makes your game fun and reconsider how you get people to spend money.

Ok guys, remember these will be researchable Tech Tree ships in a few weeks. Honest, the sky is not actually falling. :Smile_facepalm:

Members
80 posts
14,693 battles

So, the players would need to pay 15K doubloons on average for the Mogador . 

And that's assuming WG won't be monkeying around with the odds to make even more money.

Easy pass for me... Supposed I should thank for making this decision so easy.  :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2