TheURLGuy

French Destroyers Event: the Full Guide

102 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
Members
21 posts
8,031 battles

It would have been nice to have gotten a play first in Pub Test. Why didn't that happen since it was called French Destroyers, hmmmmm?

Members
119 posts
1,939 battles

A nice way to gain a lot of coal or doubloons. 

Hope this new coal influx do not inflate the next ships coal price. 

• Angry 1

Members
91 posts
9,851 battles

Is the coal rewarded on a daily basis for the entire update or only once throughout the event?

You’ll find that in your carousel, researchable Tier V–X ships, as well as Premium and special Tier II–X ships, will have new symbols on them—Symbols of France—in addition to the usual stars that give a bonus for the first victory of the day. These Symbols act in much the same way as the stars: for the first victory on a ship with a Symbol of France, you'll receive Coal or Republic Tokens—a new temporary resource for the Armory.

This should probably mean only once, which makes it much lesser than the snowflakes event:

Please note: you can get a bonus for each ship only once during Update 0.8.6.

Members
2,649 posts
7,611 battles
1 hour ago, OnociTsalk said:

Is the coal rewarded on a daily basis for the entire update or only once throughout the event?

I’d assume it functions like the snowflakes so it would only be once over the entire update. 

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
40 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I’d assume it functions like the snowflakes so it would only be once over the entire update. 

Yes it mentioned somewhere that it's once for the entire update, which means the primary source of tokens will be this:

Have you obtained flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 V Jaguarflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VI Guépardflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VII Vauquelinflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VIII Le Fantasque, or flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_dac9e09cf46059e1432206f07fdb2eab V Siroco? Complete a one-time combat mission for each of the ships to earn 15,000 XP and 250 Republic Tokens as a reward. A similar mission is available for completion for Premium cruiser flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fapremium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 VIII Bayard.

You might be thinking, hey that's great! I just need to get my hands on those French destroyers!

One problem: they don't just hand them to you; this is how you get them:

EVENT CONTAINERS

You can obtain as many as 30 containers in total: 20 for completing Directives and missions, three from Daily Shipments, and seven for your success in Daily Missions.

You can also obtain up to 10 additional containers by watching the official World of Warships streams, activating the codes that drop, and completing combat missions.

The Armory offers standard and Premium French Destroyers containers in exchange for doubloons. The Premium variety drop more rewards than standard ones.

A French Destroyers container provides:

• 1x French Riviera camo or 1x special signal (Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, or Hydra).
  • 600 Coal, or 1 day of Warships Premium Account, or 1x special signal (Dragon, Scylla, Leviathan, or Basilisk).
  • 50,000 credits.
  • A chance to get a combat mission that rewards players with one of the following French destroyers: flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 V Jaguarflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VI Guépardflag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VII Vauquelin, or flag_France_1b45875fe2166c392a4b0801c9fanormal_578f4cb5e5bd1007d5df8ade07a8c4836 VIII Le Fantasque.

I imagine that the premium French DD container will have the same chance, same uncertain possibility or impossibility, of unlocking these ships - ships that you need to earn enough tokens for their own premium camos or for those special bundles. Ships that you need to actually test them out and decide for yourself if you want to play them when they arrive in the tech tree... ships whose very existence is the enitre theme of the next two upcoming patches.. ships that you may not even get if you're unlucky

Edited by Silisquish

[LK7TH]
Beta Testers
171 posts
5,897 battles

Will the Premium Containers be available in the Shop at the start of the event?

[R-F2]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
19,846 battles

Chance for getting a French DD should be included with the 1000 doubloon bundles offered! Chances for getting one should be increased anyway for pay cash or Doubloons.

• Boring 1

[WULUF]
Members
6 posts

So, it appears you will still keep the French destroyer Aigle an orphan... with no place for an "owner" to go within the new French Destroyer line?

Why not give us a break and allow us to freely swap the Aigle for an equivalent (or near equivalent) ship in the new line to allow us to grind our way up?

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
753 posts
12,165 battles

Jeebus my head hurts . Wargaming please add more currencies and objectives and walls.  Confusion apparently equals fun to you ......

• Cool 13

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
38 minutes ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

Chance for getting a French DD should be included with the 1000 doubloon bundles offered!

That won't really help that much, because you need 1,400 tokens just to unlock those bundles, which means unless you have a massive fleet of 100 high tier ships you'll need to unlock the French DDs to even have access to that bundle

EDIT: also the whole point of those 1,000 bundles is to have a chance to get the T9 french DD, so players who are able to get that bundle aren't going to care about the possibility of unlocking the lower tier DDs. I like how WG shows you the random rewards in advance before  you purchase the 1k doubloon bundle, and how to unlock it the previous bundles give you 1k doubloons so the first try is 'free'... 

Edited by Silisquish

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,583 posts
23,606 battles

Wait, I first thought only French ships count for the tokens.

All ship and doable in co op? I have all techtree at max and tons of premiums. It will be boring to spam one co op battle after the other, but doable. I have about 250 ships that count for coal or tokens.

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

Wait, I first thought only French ships count for the tokens.

All ship and doable in co op? I have all techtree at max and tons of premiums. It will be boring to spam one co op battle after the other, but doable. I have about 250 ships that count for coal or tokens.

Lucky bastard...

• Cool 1

[-K_P-]
Members
321 posts
2,960 battles
1 hour ago, Silisquish said:

You can also obtain up to 10 additional containers by watching the official World of Warships streams, activating the codes that drop, and completing combat missions.

@FemennenIy@Kami Does this mean the NA crew are going to do some streaming during 8.6 or am I going to have to catch the Crsyantos & MrConway show while I'm supposed to be at work?  The EU stream is at 12pm-2pm here on the east coast.  Sometimes I wish I understood Japanese (or is it in Chinese) so I could catch the SEA stream late at night.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
12 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Jeebus my head hurts . Wargaming please add more currencies and objectives and walls.  Confusion apparently equals fun to you ......

Hey EyE_dYe_QuIck,

Republic Tokens is the new name for the "rotating" currency that has been used in previous events. The names on the tokens will change to correspond with the event/arc that is active at the time. 

When it comes to the "Symbols of France" these will act like snowflakes that were knocked off during the winter event of 0.7.12. Remember, you can only knock off the "Symbol of France" one time off of each ship during update 0.8.6.

What walls are you referring to? 

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
22 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey EyE_dYe_QuIck,

Republic Tokens is the new name for the "rotating" currency that has been used in previous events. The names on the tokens will change to correspond with the event/arc that is active at the time. 

When it comes to the "Symbols of France" these will act like snowflakes that were knocked off during the winter event of 0.7.12. Remember, you can only knock off the "Symbol of France" one time off of each ship during update 0.8.6.

What walls are you referring to? 

I can't answer for him, but, my initial impression of this new announcement/article when I read it the first time is that it was in fact a bit confusing/complicated - more complicated that the Rogue Wave event, probably because the system itself is confusing/complicated. That's why I made a reply where I highlighted what I considered to be the most important parts. Maybe it'll become clearer once the actual event starts

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,949 posts
13,878 battles

I was thinking I was going to more or less not be worried about early access events.... but Wow that mini snowflake event portion is really cool! I will be out of town for a big junk of this, but that is a lot of potential coal up for grabs! 

Thanks WG will do what I can.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
3 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

I can't answer for him, but, my initial impression of this new announcement/article when I read it the first time is that it was in fact a bit confusing/complicated - more complicated that the Rogue Wave event, probably because the system itself is confusing/complicated. That's why I made a reply where I highlighted what I considered to be the most important parts. Maybe it'll become clearer once the actual event starts

HeySilisquish,

That is quite understandable because there is a lot of information thrown at you. With this event there are two different things going on: The Symbols of France and the Republic tokens. The way they work together is certain tiers, you can earn Republic tokens for "knocking off" the Symbol of France tokens (Tier VII and up). 

Simplified: Earn Republic tokens and buy items in the Armory with them. 

Symbols of France: "Knock" these off and get either coal or Republic tokens.

[-K-]
Members
4,962 posts
16,321 battles

@Kami What do the 250/350/450/550 tokens listed with the T5-T8 FR DDs mean, at the bottom of the bundle graphic?

ce7c3730-a88c-11e9-949b-d89d6715223c_120

Edit: I have been informed that those are apparently the permacamo costs for each of the tech tree ships. Thanks.

Edited by Edgecase

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

@Kami What do the 250/350/450/550 tokens listed with the T5-T8 FR DDs mean, at the bottom of the bundle graphic?

ce7c3730-a88c-11e9-949b-d89d6715223c_120

Hey Edgecase,

Permanent camouflage cost for those DDs, stats are located at the bottom of the article.

[WOLFC]
Members
665 posts
6,169 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

HeySilisquish,

That is quite understandable because there is a lot of information thrown at you. With this event there are two different things going on: The Symbols of France and the Republic tokens. The way they work together is certain tiers, you can earn Republic tokens for "knocking off" the Symbol of France tokens (Tier VII and up). 

You know what we need to help simplify all of this? Youtubers. Send in the youtubers. Notser, iChase, Jingles, Flamu; they'll figure it out and have nice little videos explaining everything, like they always do.

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
15,219 posts
9,994 battles

@TheURLGuy - apart from the early unlock French DD missions and the "snowflake"-type distribution system, how else do we earn Republic tokens?

[SALVO]
Members
22,969 posts
23,561 battles
2 hours ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get all this whining about event currencies.  It's one thing to complain about new, PERMANENT currencies.  But with event currencies, it's the same thing every time, except for the name.  All they're doing is changing the name of the event currency to be more fitting for the nation of that event.  This isn't brain surgery.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,969 posts
23,561 battles
1 hour ago, Kami said:

HeySilisquish,

Even simpler...

"Symbols of France" == "French Flakes".  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[-TKS-]
Members
753 posts
12,165 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get all this whining about event currencies.  It's one thing to complain about new, PERMANENT currencies.  But with event currencies, it's the same thing every time, except for the name.  All they're doing is changing the name of the event currency to be more fitting for the nation of that event.  This isn't brain surgery.

its everything put together thats a pita  need to get this currency to buy this stuff to unlock this other thing that you need this other  currency to finish ?do  i still need doubloons ? how much? 

Just want to play some pixel boats why do i need to a dictionary, a high school diploma and a doctorate in abstract algebra to figure out wth i need to pay WG to win or maybe get some french DD's? 

I dont complain about much i dont think but this was just silly 

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck
  • Cool 1