You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Forum statistics Players Online

24 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,084 posts

image.thumb.png.03fdb717d9ee099f77fba40cc2482688.png

image.thumb.png.f938d6febee4af89a7a0962262b8d573.png

I was thinking to myself, self... not seeing any new posts in half an hour... well, there's the problem. 

Seriously though - may i suggest players online get fixed or removed? Or tell me where I reset the switch. 

[5BS]
Members
8,493 posts

It's been broken like that for me for months. Always only shows me viewing a particular topic or forum.

[-K-]
Members
7,298 posts
12,003 battles

Unless you're looking to see if someone particular is on the forums, is there any real value in this anyway?

[POP]
Members
2,131 posts
19,217 battles
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I was thinking to myself, self... not seeing any new posts in half an hour... well, there's the problem. 

Seriously though - may i suggest players online get fixed or removed? Or tell me where I reset the switch. 

I have been saying this for 4 months now including  at least 3 separate post in the general discussion area but WG seems to be more concerned about OP Russian BBs at this time :Smile_teethhappy: 

[TBW]
Members
8,591 posts
15,446 battles

Fem said they were working on it a few weeks ago, I am not holding my breath though.

[RLGN]
Members
12,018 posts
21,513 battles
17 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It's been broken like that for me for months. Always only shows me viewing a particular topic or forum.

Same thing with your profile friends list. Following still works, but friends is dead and gone.

[POP]
Members
2,131 posts
19,217 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Fem said they were working on it a few weeks ago, I am not holding my breath though.

In 2012, German freediver Tom Sietas held his breath underwater for 22 minutes and 22 seconds, besting Dane Stig Severinsen's previous Guinness record by 22 seconds

When It comes to waiting for a fix I think we are way past that point.

Members
1,059 posts
6,020 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Unless you're looking to see if someone particular is on the forums, is there any real value in this anyway?

Dont deny us the ability to stalk you, ace... :cap_look:

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
6,912 posts
4,942 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Always good to know when the mods are around.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,288 posts
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It disappeared at the same time they removed the player count from the main page, and hid the player count in game.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
292 posts

It is another WG attempt to conceal the slowly declining player numbers.  This time last year, seeing 15k people on NA was not uncommon.  This month I rarely see the player count above 11k.  WG will make a great case study for future developers on how to destroy your game in just 6 months!

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[WGA]
Administrator
2,096 posts
14,609 battles
29 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

It is another WG attempt to conceal the slowly declining player numbers.  This time last year, seeing 15k people on NA was not uncommon.  This month I rarely see the player count above 11k.  WG will make a great case study for future developers on how to destroy your game in just 6 months!

*Head tilt* This couldn't be further from the truth. Our numbers are stable and within our expected range for the time of the year and the life of the product. Furthermore, active users on the forums is a microscopic percentage of the users who actively play the game. This is the case for almost every game. 

As I confirmed a few weeks ago when this was previously brought up. It has to do with that particular plug-in and its interaction with the version our forum is currently running on. The forum system was updated a few weeks ago, and so was the plug in. Unfortunately at the time, our forum engineer was on vacation and couldn't begin the work on testing and implementing this update. As of this morning, I saw that this was in fact being worked on (the upgrade to the new version), and hopefully that feature will be restored soon. 

I'll be keeping an eye on it and keeping in contact with the forum dev in case the issue persists after the update.

Fem, 

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,411 posts
10,604 battles
37 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

• Cool 1

[A-O]
Members
783 posts
8,038 battles
31 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

Reminds me of DrHolmes52 :-)

Members
164 posts
12,426 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Only value is to show I'm not the only knucklehead looking at the forum... Sometimes I'll feel like man is this crazy I'm the only one who looks at these

[O_O]
Members
292 posts
3 hours ago, Femennenly said:

As I confirmed a few weeks ago when this was previously brought up. It has to do with that particular plug-in and its interaction with the version our forum is currently running on. The forum system was updated a few weeks ago, and so was the plug in. Unfortunately at the time, our forum engineer was on vacation and couldn't begin the work on testing and implementing this update. As of this morning, I saw that this was in fact being worked on (the upgrade to the new version), and hopefully that feature will be restored soon. 

Fair enough, the forum count claim was dumb on my part. 

3 hours ago, Femennenly said:

This couldn't be further from the truth. Our numbers are stable and within our expected range for the time of the year and the life of the product.

The player numbers are down a few thousand from last summer, at least on the NA server.

The CV population has almost fallen back down to pre rework levels, this now 6 month running rework has made no positive impact on the game at this point in time.

Am I really supposed to believe all of this is "within the expected range for the time of the year and the life of the product."  No. 

I am not rooting for the game to die, believe me.  But do not act like I cannot see what WG has done to upset the player base in the past 6 months with annoying grinds, increasingly predatory monetization methods, and a polarizing CV rework.  WG has made something wonderful, stop ruining it please.

Edited by Rustyhole
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,084 posts
5 hours ago, Femennenly said:

It has to do with that particular plug-in and its interaction with the version our forum is currently running on. The forum system was updated a few weeks ago, and so was the plug in. Unfortunately at the time, our forum engineer was on vacation and couldn't begin the work on testing and implementing this update. As of this morning, I saw that this was in fact being worked on (the upgrade to the new version), and hopefully that feature will be restored soon. 

I'll be keeping an eye on it and keeping in contact with the forum dev in case the issue persists after the update.

Talk about yer perfect storm... "Hey Loo... let's update the forum software! Our key forum engineer is on vacation!" "Ahahaa Fran... what a hoot! Let's do it... give him something to rush back to work for, right? Right!" 

Well thank you for the response. I did not see the previous post about it. Surprisingly (to me at least) a lot of people find it at least annoying? perhaps. 

@FemennenIy since you're on the line so to speak, how come we haven't seen you put together any training films on 'How to Carrier" for each of the carriers, individually? I know a whole lot of folks would love such a series. Maybe you can pitch it to management? 

Members
181 posts
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

@FemennenIy since you're on the line so to speak, how come we haven't seen you put together any training films on 'How to Carrier" for each of the carriers, individually? I know a whole lot of folks would love such a series. Maybe you can pitch it to management? 

giphy.gif

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
7 hours ago, Femennenly said:

*Head tilt* This couldn't be further from the truth. Our numbers are stable and within our expected range for the time of the year and the life of the product. Furthermore, active users on the forums is a microscopic percentage of the users who actively play the game. This is the case for almost every game. 

That's exactly what someone trying to conceal the truth would say.

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HRVAT]
Members
1,233 posts
9,503 battles
9 hours ago, awiggin said:

It disappeared at the same time they removed the player count from the main page, and hid the player count in game.:Smile_teethhappy:

Alot of games do this when numbers drop super low than what they was expecting.

Maybe is why we seeing all these " Recruit " events. 

The game is hurting and there is proof.