You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xXUglykidXx

Top XP in the game on the losing side

49 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
6,356 posts
16,150 battles

I have, usually its the one's who stat pad and/or the DMG farmers.... They're the ones who DMG farm for a loss AND manage to top everyone for a losing effort.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 5
  • Angry 3

Members
422 posts
6,641 battles

I have, and it was a torp boat DD, so not always those who just farm damage but I will not argue the point.

It happens when you carry, but not quite hard enough.  Learn to carry more...

Well done thou

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,245 posts
11,260 battles

Those are the losses to actually be proud of your performance and screen shot worthy when it happens.

[CK5]
Members
1,149 posts
10,584 battles

In spite of the attempt at character assassination by NavalPride, nice match.  Sometimes you just can't carry enough.  

• Cool 6
  • Confused 1

[SYN]
Members
3,601 posts
19,411 battles

Had one happen today, but they are rare. 

Definitely salt inducing!

shot-19.07.17_09.53.29-0985.jpg

[WORX]
Members
6,356 posts
16,150 battles
7 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

In spite of the attempt at character assassination by NavalPride, nice match.  Sometimes you just can't carry enough.  

????

yikes someone has comprehension issues. Thank god  the confusion emoji was a good addition

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

[INTEL]
Members
1,587 posts
13,448 battles
16 minutes ago, xXUglykidXx said:

I have never seen this before. Anyone else have this experience ? 

Inkedshot-19.07.16_23.08.05-0787_LI.jpg

shot-19.07.16_23.08.03-0186.jpg

Yep, been in the same position a few times.

12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I have, usually its the one's who stat pad and/or the DMG farmers.... They're the ones who DMG farm for a loss AND manage to top everyone for a losing effort.

Not really. Damage farmers are rarely good enough to post the really high numbers that would be required. It usually takes a combination of an enemy team not having a dominant few and serious under performance by your own team. Judging by the the near 700 pnt spread between you and 2nd on your team while the red team has 7 ships in a 400 pnt spread, this was likely the case. Another possibility is getting several unassisted caps, obviously not the case here.

Members
422 posts
6,641 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

yikes someone has comprehension issues

Actually the same thought kinda came up with me when I responded but gave you the benefit of the doubt.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,587 posts
13,448 battles
45 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

9 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

????

yikes someone comprehension issues. Thank god  the confusion emoji was a good addition

1 minute ago, Squib_Surefire said:

Actually the same thought kinda came up with me when I responded but gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Thats funny. I also read NP's post in a negative way. Maybe its not a comprehension issue as much as a writing issue. Just saying.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
6,356 posts
16,150 battles
14 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Not really. Damage farmers are rarely good enough to post the really high numbers that would be required. It usually takes a combination of an enemy team not having a dominant few and serious under performance by your own team. Judging by the the near 700 pnt spread between you and 2nd on your team while the red team has 7 ships in a 400 pnt spread, this was likely the case. Another possibility is getting several unassisted caps, obviously not the case here.

What I see was,

• green DD fail
  • green BB fail
  • his cruisers has 6 kills to red cruisers 7..
  • The only bright performer was Sky cancer.

How did the red BBs let him  (the OP) live, I have to give him credit for producing.  Their is no way a Perth is carrying the huge void of the BBs. As OP as BBs get, as long as  the red fleet has one BB alive. He did a valiant effort

9 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Thats funny. I also read NP's post in a negative way. Maybe its not a comprehension issue as much as a writing issue. Just sayin

Ahhhh I love this feedback, I'll improve the writing to be less negative...

Edited by Navalpride33

[-RNG-]
Members
217 posts
6,287 battles

I came within a few seconds of a CV killing our DD or I would have joined a club.. Luckily I won.. image.thumb.png.20be21b41de03d7b94a78284c89b799b.png

[INTEL]
Members
1,587 posts
13,448 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

What I see was,

• green DD fail Both team's DDs were atrocious. 3 of the red DD's would have finished 9th or lower on the losing team, the Nicholas would have been 7th.
  • green BB fail
  • his cruisers has 6 kills to red cruisers 7.. 7 to 7 (Perth 4, Knucklehead L 1, La Gasoline 2.)
  • The only bright performer was Sky cancer.

How did the red BBs let him  (the OP) live, I have to give him credit for producing.  Their is no way a Perth is carrying the huge void of the BBs. As OP as BBs get, as live as the red fleet has on alive.

Look at the scores closer.

Winning teams get a 1.5 XP modifier. Remove the modifier and the top scoring red ship got 877xp. The 7th scoring red ship got a 602. None were particularly good. The DDs on both teams were atrocious. The OP was in a Perth, with rolling smoke and its own spotter. Plus its a CV match so the CV will naturally be providing some spotting, even if by accident. We also don't know anything about the red BBs other than the GC lived while the Bayern and NM died. Its entirely possible the GC was the only BB alive to shoot, if it even could, and GC's dispersion isnt that great to begin with. A Perth with spotting is a deadly killer.

For the record. I dislike the 1.5 XP modifier being shown in the results screen. I have no problem with it being awarded, I'd just prefer it not be shown in that particular screen. Were it not shown, you could immediately see the OP not only had the top xp, but was over 500 pnts higher than #2.

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I wouldn't take him seriously.

Since he can never come on top of the scoreboard, in his mind only stat padders and damage farmers can score a good game.

It's kind of his schtick to stalk the forums and accuse everyone who's better than himself of damage farming, which is practically almost everyone other than himself.

Just ignore him.

• Cool 5

[WORX]
Members
6,356 posts
16,150 battles
3 minutes ago, yacskn said:

I wouldn't take him seriously.

Since he can never come on top of the scoreboard, in his mind only stat padders and damage farmers can score a good game.

It's kind of his schtick to stalk the forums and accuse everyone who's better than himself of damage farming, which is practically almost everyone other than himself.

Just ignore him.

^^^^^

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

In spite of the attempt at character assassination by yacskn

Funny Yac... I do post what I do on Femm's post... check out :cap_horn:

• Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
95 posts
6,858 battles

Happened to me last week ... with 3 kills. I’m in a two week slump with lots of damage inflicted, a decent kill ratio and only a 45% WR (vs 53%). I then started pushing too hard and it got worse. Gotta go back to basics.

Members
1,044 posts
1,286 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you manage to get top score while losing and get more XP than the enemy team, you backpacked hard and your team was what lost the match. The dude had 4 kills. Seriously, your posts are all [edited] and wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Community Department
3,018 posts
1,107 battles
22 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

If you manage to get top score while losing and get more XP than the enemy team, you backpacked hard and your team was what lost the match. The dude had 4 kills. Seriously, your posts are all [edited] and wrong.

Edited your post, please don't write in such a way, it's restricted by our Forum Guidelines. 

Edited by turbo07

[5IN]
Members
304 posts
21,892 battles

This happened a few days ago where I held a flank myself in a Marblehead.....yes a Marblehead while my team just melted, it is one of the most frustrating experiences in game,  worst part was when a few ships had just plain given up and ran away to hide instead of fighting the battle out to the end win or lose.  one of the best Marblehead games I've had and it was marred by a sound Butt-kicking lol

shot-19.07.15_21.35.04-0805.jpg

shot-19.07.15_21.35.08-0640.jpg

shot-19.07.15_21.35.15-0066.jpg

Members
1,044 posts
1,286 battles
4 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Edited your post, please don't write in such a way, it's restricted by our Forum Guidelines.I can't agree with you generally.
It highly depends on every battle and my experience does not confirm your thought either.

you got it mayne

it gets frustrating reading wrongpost after wrongpost from the same guy

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles
1 minute ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

it gets frustrating reading wrongpost after wrongpost from the same guy

@Navalpride33 is building quite the reputation in the forums.

Community Department
3,018 posts
1,107 battles

Everything is ok until anybody take everything too personally. Or  anybody posts personal attacks. 
So don't hesitate to report this situations to protect others time and mood.
Contact me in PM if you have additional questions, I'll be around. 

[WOLF2]
Members
246 posts
6,340 battles

I'd been putting off doing the RU BB grind until the other day since I didn't receive any missions in a crate to skip the lower tech tree ships, so I Free XP'd and started my grind with the Gangut...first battle.

shot-19_07.12_16_27.50-0209.thumb.jpg.fd23932fd022f2c5c4295f2a4c300bf2.jpgshot-19_07.12_16_27.57-0542.thumb.jpg.ba733c08dd3c5ed7dc051a614807c1c0.jpg

[WAG]
Members
849 posts
11,438 battles

I recall making a 1,500 hurdle in Naval Battles on a loss a few weeks ago. I have had 1,500+  Base XP games in a loss with some regularity. Being bottom tier and damaging top tier ships helps.

Here is a recent game in which I did 77K damage AND sank an Iowa in a T7 CL.

shot-19.07.11_00.10.30-0506.jpg

shot-19.07.11_00.10.37-0484.jpg

shot-19.07.11_00.10.47-0570.jpg