Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dad003

Stalin is stronk my new dmg record !

17 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
851 posts
10,493 battles

had a pretty decent match unfortunately it ended up to be a lost but still so my last dmg record was 297k with the audacious , my new one is now 320k with the stalingrad !

shot-19_07.16_23_40.57-0506.thumb.jpg.5e3aa4a908f82d30dfa41f2f5303d1dd.jpg

here a partial replay of the end were it is the most interesting part of this match

https://plays.tv/video/5d2eb66e2299184f4a/stalin-is-stronk-320k-dmg-

Edited by dad003
ortho
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[-RNG-]
Members
217 posts
6,323 battles

jesus, that crushes my damage record.. That's alot of achievements. Well done sir

[-K-]
Members
7,346 posts
12,032 battles
4 hours ago, dps_gunner said:

jesus, that crushes my damage record.. That's alot of achievements. Well done sir

Mine too.  The best I've ever managed was 254k in Montana.  My play style doesn't really gravitate towards damage-farming (as I like to pursue objectives and be aggressive), so it'll likely be a long time (if ever) before that record is broken.

Nice work, @dad003.  I have enough steel to pick up Stalingrad, so seeing your results may make me re-consider it.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,682 posts
5,280 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Mine too.  The best I've ever managed was 254k in Montana.  My play style doesn't really gravitate towards damage-farming (as I like to pursue objectives and be aggressive), so it'll likely be a long time (if ever) before that record is broken.

It's all about consistency. I think my own should be 190k+ in Tashkent in Randoms, but I would take constant results over fireworks any day.

Edited by warheart1992

[-K-]
Members
7,346 posts
12,032 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

It's all about consistency.....I would take constant results over fireworks any day.

Absolutely.  It's fun watching streamers regularly top 200k in videos they post, but I'm simply not of the same ilk to want to sit back and farm like that.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,625 posts
7,000 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Nice work, @dad003.  I have enough steel to pick up Stalingrad, so seeing your results may make me re-consider it.

The Stalingrad has a lot in common with the Moskva.  If you like the Moskva, you'll like the Stalingrad, with the inverse being true as well.  They have some differences, the Stalingrad is a little better suited to punishing potatoes and has a higher seal clubbing potential as a result, while the Moskva has greater all around consistency and utility which I think makes it the more reliable ship with better tankyness, handling and performance against DDs/players who can angle.

I think the two ships compliment each other very well.

[-K-]
Members
7,346 posts
12,032 battles
4 minutes ago, yashma said:

The Stalingrad has a lot in common with the Moskva.  If you like the Moskva, you'll like the Stalingrad, with the inverse being true as well.  They have some differences, the Stalingrad is a little better suited to punishing potatoes and has a higher seal clubbing potential as a result, while the Moskva has greater all around consistency and utility which I think makes it the more reliable ship with better tankyness, handling and performance against DDs/players who can angle.

I think the two ships compliment each other very well.

Good points here.  Thanks for the info, @yashma.

With the current ship coupon, I have enough steel to obtain any of the high-priced steel ships in the Armory, but am not really feeling rushed at all to pull the trigger on any of them.  With the glutton of high tier premiums in the pipeline, I'm waiting either for one to really tickle my fancy or for WG to announce a potential of removal of sale on any of them (ie: Stalingrad) before deciding.  Until then, I have enough ships in port (240+) to keep me occupied for some time.

[KSC]
4,625 posts
7,000 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Good points here.  Thanks for the info, @yashma.

With the current ship coupon, I have enough steel to obtain any of the high-priced steel ships in the Armory, but am not really feeling rushed at all to pull the trigger on any of them.  With the glutton of high tier premiums in the pipeline, I'm waiting either for one to really tickle my fancy or for WG to announce a potential of removal of sale on any of them (ie: Stalingrad) before deciding.  Until then, I have enough ships in port (240+) to keep me occupied for some time.

I am in the exact same boat with the Bourgogne.  I have the steel for it, and it looks fun enough, but I don't see any reason to be hasty and rush to get it when there is the potential for something more interesting to come along down the road.  

[-K-]
Members
7,346 posts
12,032 battles
7 minutes ago, yashma said:

I am in the exact same boat with the Bourgogne.  I have the steel for it, and it looks fun enough, but I don't see any reason to be hasty and rush to get it when there is the potential for something more interesting to come along down the road.  

Bourgogne looks strong, but I can't convince myself to pull the trigger on her.  She's simply not unique enough, especially when I can get 90% of that gameplay experience with Alsace for free in the tech tree.  If I'm going to unload a boatload (pun intended) of steel, it's going to be for something that gives me a unique gameplay experience that I don't already have in port.

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai has mentioned recently that Neustrashimy is actually a pretty strong ship, which went against my former opinion of the ship.  Is she unique enough compared to the existing Russian DDs to justify the expense?  The jury is still out on that one.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
4,625 posts
7,000 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Bourgogne looks strong, but I can't convince myself to pull the trigger on her.  She's simply not unique enough, especially when I can get 90% of that gameplay experience with Alsace for free in the tech tree.  If I'm going to unload a boatload (pun intended) of steel, it's going to be for something that gives me a unique gameplay experience that I don't already have in port.

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai has mentioned recently that Neustrashimy is actually a pretty strong ship, which went against my former opinion of the ship.  Is she unique enough compared to the existing Russian DDs to justify the expense?  The jury is still out on that one.

I'm not a huge fan of DDs, especially non-gunboats, and after learning that the next steel ship would be the Somers while neither the Ohio, Smolensk or Colbert would be steel, I have been a little more tempted by the Bourgogne.  Still....I have this paranoid fear the moment I pull the trigger, something really interesting will come along and I'll miss out.  

The really nice thing about the Stalingrad was that WG announced it almost a year in advance, giving plenty of time to prepare for it.  It's unreasonable to expect them to do so with every ship, especially as they now seem to be a lot more fluid and random about how each new test ship will be made available, but it still would be nice to have some idea what's in the steel pipeline.

Members
276 posts
7 minutes ago, yashma said:

I'm not a huge fan of DDs, especially non-gunboats, and after learning that the next steel ship would be the Somers while neither the Ohio, Smolensk or Colbert would be steel, I have been a little more tempted by the Bourgogne.  Still....I have this paranoid fear the moment I pull the trigger, something really interesting will come along and I'll miss out.  

The really nice thing about the Stalingrad was that WG announced it almost a year in advance, giving plenty of time to prepare for it.  It's unreasonable to expect them to do so with every ship, especially as they now seem to be a lot more fluid and random about how each new test ship will be made available, but it still would be nice to have some idea what's in the steel pipeline.

I know people who are this way with computers. "If I buy now then I'll miss out on the cool thing they release in six months." 

My answer: You always will, and meanwhile, you're using a computer that's getting older by the day. When it's time, buy a good machine and use it until it can't do what you need it to do, then buy a new one (and if the old one still works? There's always lighter loads it could be doing....)

So, if you want the ship, buy the ship. Something will come along, true...but something's always coming along. 

[5D]
Members
851 posts
10,493 battles
4 hours ago, User_the_n00b said:

6280 XP? Do you even flag, bro? :cap_cool:

(I kid, I kid!)

Nice game! 

i dint think i had any credit flag on it , if this had been done in my jean bart that would have been like a 2m credit game !

[EGO]
Members
3,714 posts
18 hours ago, dad003 said:

had a pretty decent match unfortunately it ended up to be a lost but still so my last dmg record was 297k with the audacious , my new one is now 320k with the stalingrad !

shot-19_07.16_23_40.57-0506.thumb.jpg.5e3aa4a908f82d30dfa41f2f5303d1dd.jpg

here a partial replay of the end were it is the most interesting part of this match

https://plays.tv/video/5d2eb66e2299184f4a/stalin-is-stronk-320k-dmg-

Why is it that your best games always seem to be losses?  :Smile-angry:

[5D]
Members
851 posts
10,493 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Why is it that your best games always seem to be losses?  :Smile-angry:

Maybe because to get such damage.one need to have a potato team 

[EGO]
Members
3,714 posts
17 hours ago, dad003 said:

Maybe because to get such damage.one need to have a potato team 

All teams are potato teams these days.   :Smile_facepalm:

Your right though, to get really high numbers you need a mega potato team.

• Confused 1

Sign in to follow this